News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New to Sterling

Started by Michael, June 06, 2010, 12:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Hi All,

I moved last summer to the Rochester area and wanted to say hello to all the Renaissance goers here in upstate NY. I am originally from Minneapolis and have tried to attend Minnesota RF at least once every year if not twice as I've loved it since my first time attending. My fiance and I will be going to Sterling for the second time (been once last year) and I was wondering if the insiders had any suggestions as far as weekends to go or specific shows to see? I enjoyed it a lot last season but was only able to stay for a couple of hours to get a general tour of the grounds. Looking forward to visiting again this year!

Michael

Ozium

Hello Michael, All the shows are top notch and all worth seeing! I'm kinda partial
to Emry's Fleet the rat catcher, Hey Nunnie Nunnie is always good, Johnny Fox
and this year Zoltan the Adequate, you may have seen him before i think he
plays at MRF.

Again all the performers and shows are great.

Hope to see you there.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

irish

Hi Michael and welcome!
Oh, Ozium is so right! Sterling is a fantastic faire, very friendly, very involved with everyone who visits and the shows are just great!
I like going to the 'pub sing~alongs', Don Juan & Miguel and Emmerys Fleet.
Hope to meet you at faire!
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Aaroncois

You can't really go wrong at Sterling, unless you spend too much time wandering or sitting or chatting and then realize you missed a whole lot of stuff you really wanted to see. There are a few things you may want to get to early in order to get a more comfortable place to sit (or just any place to sit) - these include the Jousts and the Don Juan & Miguel shows (though the latter don't always seem to be as packed as they used to be). There are also a LOT of musical acts - I'm partial to Empty Hats and Cantiga myself - and a wide variety of other sorts of performers. There are two shows that are easy to miss because they're at the far ends of the grounds - the mud show at the south end and the trial & dunk at the north end. As somebody who's been going about once per season for almost 20 years, one thing I can tell you for sure is that once will never feel like enough. It's a blast, anyway.

Celtic_Fae

Quote from: Aaroncois on June 07, 2010, 07:51:35 AM
There are also a LOT of musical acts - I'm partial to Empty Hats and Cantiga myself - and a wide variety of other sorts of performers. There are two shows that are easy to miss because they're at the far ends of the grounds - the mud show at the south end and the trial & dunk at the north end. As somebody who's been going about once per season for almost 20 years, one thing I can tell you for sure is that once will never feel like enough. It's a blast, anyway.

Stole the words right out of my mouth, good sir! And Empty Hats will be there for the full run this season, too! Huzzah!

MMario

"New" (to sterling) musical act this year - The Harper and the Minstrel are on the schedule - they visited one weekend last year and sang with Merlyn and Harry....

As an engaged couple you should have a pre-nuptial pyllowing at the Pyllow fyghts....