News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sterling 2010 schedule - What days does everyone plan on going ?

Started by Lady Amy of York, June 08, 2010, 02:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaroncois

Quote from: Sir Douglas of Waterbury on July 13, 2010, 09:06:57 PM
The Rose & Crown Tavern is in no way chaining its target audience. Just the name has changed to a more authentic old English name nothing else and its still featuring roving musical entertainment.

Thanks for clarifying, Sir Douglas. I was confused by the statement on the website:

"Children are encouraged at this family friendly restaurant."

Whereas it used to say:

"Children are discouraged at this "bawdy basket" location, and although they won't be turned away, it is the one location in the shire reserved for adults."

I read that as a change of target audience. Actually, reading it over again, I can't think of any other way to read it.

Sir Douglas of Waterbury

I guess I need to read my web site more closely or its a mistake not sure which? Sorry, I will check on that and get back to you!

ataraxy

We'll be there next Saturday (July 24th), visiting for first time and driving up from Maryland.  Looking forward to it!

Tygrkat

Well, it's looking less likely that we'll make it to Sterling this season, we just don't have the budget for it right now  :-\

We're planning a trip to PARF at the end of September, though, so maybe we'll see sone of you there & I guess we'll have to start saving for Screamer's Hollow, too, so I can still get my Sterling Fix for the year  ;)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

danielscott

Greetings all,
After many years away, I have just moved back to Western New York, so Sterling will once again be my home faire. I will be attending this weekend in full pirate garb. If you should happen see me, please say hi, it would be nice to meet some of you.
Where's the Beer Tent!

Ozium

Welcome back to Sterling Daniel, we have a meat up at 2:30 both days this weekend at
the Rose and Crown pub down by the dunk pond.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: irish on July 19, 2010, 10:54:30 AM
Welcome ataraxy!!!
I am sure you will enjoy Sterling!
Some of us will be at the Rose & Crown, around 2:30.
Some of us may be under the table, too....LMAO!  ;D
Have a safe trip!!
irish

" Yes, Irish and I will be under  the table  checking out  any Kilts  and   ...... " ;D ::)

" Hey sis, how  come  you told  them about our hiding spot ? " LOL   !!!

Stamps  foot  and pouts  and  then says  "  How  come i was not inform  of  the gathering  this weekend at  the  Rose and  Crown  ? Hmmmmm......." :( :( :( :( :'( :'( :'( ;D ;)

Right now I plan on being there both days ( weather permitting )  in  my  full pirate captain attire.

Also  check out my firends booth "  The Crown and  Feather ."    They   will be  selling some  very nice  pirate hats  if  anyone  needs one.  Just tell Scott or Julie  you know  me  and you will be well taken care of.

Also  saw Dan Juan and Miguel this past weeknd  at faire  and  they have out a new dvd  " I sense  Danger "  that  stars  alot of  the cast  from Sterling  including  our dear beloved  queen.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

irish

:o!! Stop stomping! lol!
Heck, we can meet every faire day at Rose & Crown!  :P
(just some faire days I wont be there...lmao!)
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

ataraxy

Rose & Crown.  2:30 pm.  Noted and will try to make it there then if we don't get lost in the shire somewhere!

We'll also be camping at Sutter Creek.  Are there typically bonfires there on Saturday nights?

Tygrkat

There was a bonfire the weekend we camped there, I *think* they do it every weekend but I could be mistaken...and it's quite a nice campground, too, and only a few minuets from Faire ~ Have fun!  :)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Aaroncois

It's looking likely that we'll be there the weekend of July 31st/August 1st (Highland Fling). Summer weekends are filling up fast, and that's about the only one left to use up our advance-sale tickets. We generally aim for Saturdays, but we'll go whichever day the weather looks to be preferable.

Lady Amy of York

i hope to be there both days this weekend dressed in full pirate garb. of course this weather permitting. right now  the forcast for sterling is thunderstorms  both days. Please  change weather...pretty please. :) ;)

irish

Actually, Sunday looks to be the better of the two days.
Isolated t-storms, but only 79!  ;D
Just don't dress so heavily Amy! You can always say the thunder is canon fire! LOL!
:P
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: irish on July 22, 2010, 01:03:51 PM
Actually, Sunday looks to be the better of the two days.
Isolated t-storms, but only 79!  ;D
Just don't dress so heavily Amy! You can always say the thunder is canon fire! LOL!
:P

I'm not concern about it being warm. i'm more concern about  some of  the pieces of  my pirate  outfit like my jacket, hat, and  leather belts, and leather accessories  getting wet and  ruined.   a  light rain is one  thing, but we had  two nasty,  heavy downpours  the last  two  days.

I missed pirate weekend  last year, cause of me passing out the week before at faire, and still being in the hospital  the  weeknd of  pirate  weekend. i'm not missing out on the fun this year.

Lol. yes..that ain't thunder...that be  my  crew    raiding  the taverns  for  rum !!!   LOL  !

Lady Amy of York

DON'T  FORGET THIS WEEKEND IS also  Harborfest, in Oswego. So  if you  coming to faire  this weekend, give  yourself  some  extra  time  to get there, cause traffic  could  be  backed up  abit. :)