News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Time to pick a weekend

Started by Marietta Graziella, June 14, 2010, 11:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norfolk

MG,

The Staybridge Inns near the Air Force Academy would put you approximately 35-40 minutes from the Festival site.  That's more than I would care to drive, given closer options, but you now have the info upon which to make a decision.   ;)

Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Just about any place in Castle Rock will put you at about 10 minutes tops
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I second the Castle Rock - that is where we stay and it works great!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Marietta Graziella

Flights purchased!  Whoot! 

A few questions...

Do you usually do any sort of dinners/gatherings the last weekend?
Could we arrange something for Friday, July 30th?  Would love to see everyone before fest to know faces for the weekend and introduce my friend to R/F hospitality.

are flasks (discreetly) allowed in the faire?
blades-as in bodice dagger?

Guess that was it.  Thanks everyone.  Am so very excited to enjoy your faire!

MG
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Flasks = yes everyone does it as long as it is discreet
Bodice Dagger = As long as it is peace bound

I'd love to say yes on the food, but normally as far as I know we do not. We do have a Faire gathering a few weeks after. As for getting together, I'd love to but I am 1.5 hours north of the faire. Hopefully you can gather others to join you. I'm usually easyy to find as I am outside until they let me in, were as others are inside wanting to be let out.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Tanda

There are usually many many dinner type things that last Sunday. Chili's, Red Robin, Applebee's and Black Eyed Pea in Castle Rock usually host some gathering of Rennnie types. Also, I suspect the Spur in Larkspur contains some Ren people too. Maybe the pizza place there. Yeah...
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Avan

Quote from: Lady de Laney on June 30, 2010, 06:25:04 PM

What people bring flask to Faire?   Why didn't I know about this??? ???

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Avan on July 01, 2010, 10:50:24 AM

And where are these people when you need one!  ;D
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Capt Spleen

....I was in a sea o' mountains between Meeker n Yampa th' past 4 dayz ....... White river, China Wall, Skinny Fish Lake, catchin' cutthroats, n brookies....... Time t' start smellin' like fish...oh, wait I always smell like chum!

Will look forward t/ seein' dat fantastical hat ...and um,,....a new coat, perhaps? And yourself in it!

Mistress Charlotte

Quote from: Avan on July 01, 2010, 10:50:24 AM

funee!
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Lavender

Quote from: Capt Spleen on July 01, 2010, 09:54:55 PM
....I was in a sea o' mountains between Meeker n Yampa th' past 4 dayz ....... White river, China Wall, Skinny Fish Lake, catchin' cutthroats, n brookies....... Time t' start smellin' like fish...oh, wait I always smell like chum!

Will look forward t/ seein' dat fantastical hat ...and um,,....a new coat, perhaps? And yourself in it!

You came over the divide and didn't visit  :'( bad pirate.
IWG #3440
Landshark #19

Adriana Rose

You were in my back yard!!  ::)

holierthanthou

Yeah! We get to see MG!

As for Saturday parties, There usually are a few.  I'm sure we can figure something out to entertain you! :) 

Ticket ideas?  I'm sending you a renmail.

Wish I could wander with you for the day.  Tied to garlic most of the day, but still get a bit to play.
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Marietta Graziella

So looking forward to seeing everyone in CORF!  Can't wait.  *SQUEEEE*

Holierthanthou, what booth are you working and will someone be able to point me your way so I can say hello?

Making final logistical arrangements this weekend then it's time to make any garb repairs, etc. 

My friend, Trish, and I are interested in any pre/post fest activities that may be on tap.   We'll bring goodies from MN!!  Any requests?
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Blushing

Huzzah!

You say goodies from MN and I immediately think of friend cheese curds ... but I know those don't travel well!

I concur with Holierthanthou ... we will find something to entertain you!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~