News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

King's Champion Medieval Faire, Tulsa OK

Started by Rani Zemirah, August 06, 2010, 12:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

It was so very nice to meet you, as well, Archer!  I'm really excited about this how weekend turned out, and I had a wonderful time!!! 

I've been invited to become a permanent member of the Gypsy Encampment, and I'm thrilled! The logistics of getting together with them will be challenging, but I'm hoping to be appearing with them whenever they have an event, and while I coach them on accent, language and dialog they will be teaching me their dance choreography and cues, so it promises to be a fun learning experience for everyone! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Archer

The weather was perfect all weekend.  That's quite an invitation from the gypsy group.  They were very nice and hospitable.  I enjoyed the opportunity to play some music with them.  The tunes and dance seemed to draw a good crowd on Sunday.   They had some quality dancers in that group.
Want a better world ?   Be a better person.

Every person is a new door to a different world.

Rani Zemirah

They are extremely talented, and wonderfully welcoming!  I think I will be very happy with them, and I'm going to try and get at least one or two to join in here.  They are actually a belly-dance troupe who are branching out into more of a Gypsy environment, at least for some events, so I think we may all collaborate nicely.  They're also lots of fun, which is what I like best about them all!  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

HUZZAH!  What a successful faire we had this past weekend.  The weather was phenomenal.  The entertainers, volunteers and workers did a magnificent job.  The crowd on Sunday was several times the size of Saturday's (thanks to the live t.v. spots Sunday morning).  Plans are already underway to make next year's faire an improvement on this year.

Thank you to everyone who came out this year.  See you in 2011!  
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Archer

Rani Zemirah

Oh, how fun!  I'll have to make sure they have that link!  Thank you, Archer!!! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

Someone also caught many of the playtrons on t.v.  (I'm the archer in the background making sure the SCA combatants don't back into the dancers.)  Huzzah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BB3VqPTzvc

Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Archer

Nice news article.  I was in the background of the gypsy film (above) wearing the red/black quartered tabbard; standing next to a kilted playtron at the edge of the SCA combat arena.

There's nothing wrong with a Scottsman, so long as you catch them young.

I think it was Voltaire that said that.  ;)    If not Voltaire, maybe it was someone important ?