News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

R/Fers let's get together?

Started by Julianne, June 02, 2008, 05:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julianne

If anyone would like to volunteer to plan and organize a get together for all of us that would be wonderful!!!!

It appears that June is already tied up for everyone so looking faaaaaaarrrr ahead to July or August is the plan.

Anyone???

Bueller???

madmolly

There had been some talk about doing a party at the King's Courtyard. We could have a great time there. I would be willing to talk to the owners and see what kind of prices they could give us.

Check out their site:

http://www.thekingscourtyard.com/index.html
No power in the 'Verse can stop me....

madmolly

I talked to Lisa, the owner of the King's Courtyard today. She is willing and very excited to put together a party plan for us. The minimum is 20 people. She is going to send me some prices in a day or two.

I figure we can do a buffett or appetizers. And a keg of some type of imported, like Guinness or Smithwicks, or Bass, yum...

And there would be wine as well. But they don't serve hard liquor so the rum's out. Unless of course, you are carrying a small flask that is part of your garb. :)

And we would have to decide when we want to do this. Warmer weather brings a better price. Later on into the fall it's wedding season and the prices get a little higher.

And I'm thinking we might talk to Paul Knight and see if Allannah (Four for Naught?) would be willing to come out and sing for us. I think anyone wanting to bring their instuments would be awesome. We could just have impromtu jams all night.

Talk amongst yourselves and let's give this a shot.

Or hell....we could just have a big damn shindig at someone's house......

Morgan Dreadlocke

Quote from: madmolly on June 03, 2008, 09:42:12 PM
We could just have impromtu jams all night.

OK, now ya got me attention ;)
My intentions are to commandeer a venue, sail to Tortuga, then pick, strum and otherwise play me weasily black guts out.

Fairietink

I think I could be drug out for this :)
Vice Madam Local 35 - AZ chapter, Captain Bone Momma - HMS Boner

Morgan Dreadlocke

Quote from: Julianne on June 02, 2008, 05:44:35 PM
Bueller???

I laid out the proposition before the local council

They was disinclined to acquiese to my request.
Violence ensued. They won't be commin' ;)
My intentions are to commandeer a venue, sail to Tortuga, then pick, strum and otherwise play me weasily black guts out.

madmolly

So by the lack of response I am thinking this get-together isn't going to happen.....?

irregularjoe

Is anyone interested in the get together that I'm doing at Molly Brannigan's August 9th?  It's from noon to 6:00 PM.  I have to charge a cover because I am renting a room they have there.  I've been working this party for about six weeks now and the list has about 48 people on it.  Anything above and beyond the room and food cost will go to RESCU and I will post what the cost and the check to RESCU will be that day.  Mario from the festival security has RSVP'd as well.  I sent this event to all that are on my myspace friends list.  There are still a lot of people who haven't looked at it though.  If you are interested, send me a message here or otherwise.
Thanks,
Joe

madmolly

I am totally interested. Where is Molly Branigan's? I have never heard of it.

Marcos Charron

Joe

I will try to make this event, but the whole month looks like crap for time off so far.

Marcos
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Morgan Dreadlocke

Quote from: irregularjoe on June 09, 2008, 02:16:49 PM
Is anyone interested in the get together that I'm doing at Molly Brannigan's August 9th?  It's from noon to 6:00 PM.  There are still a lot of people who haven't looked at it though.  If you are interested, send me a message here or otherwise.

Ok I'm in. This gonna be a garb gig, bring yer own music thang? (I ain't got enough 'puter ta get in the doors at myspace). Enjoyed makin' yer acquaintance in Show Low Joe.

irregularjoe

Ok I'm in. This gonna be a garb gig, bring yer own music thang? (I ain't got enough 'puter ta get in the doors at myspace). Enjoyed makin' yer acquaintance in Show Low Joe.
[/quote]

Hey there!  It was good to see you as well in Show Low.  Yes, it's garbed.  I'm having a meeting this weekend with the manager to talk about weapons and peace tying but for now I would assume no weapons.  And yes, bring your guitar :)

Comte de Gilbert

unfortunately the 9th falls on a saturday I work, and will not be able to attend. Have to save up my vacation time to ensure that I have enough time to take off every sunday and half the saturdays come February/March
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

Marcos Charron

Fellow's

Why don't we just plan a Sat lunch or cookout?

Marcos Charron
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Comte de Gilbert

certainly would be nice to see everyone again
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun