News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need help ceating Character for audition

Started by Lady Dina, April 19, 2009, 11:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Dina

I am planing on auditioning to work at the Carolina renaissance festival this year but I'm not sure what my character would be.
My dress would put me in the upper class/ nobility range. I was thinking of the name Isabell or Margaret, still don't have a last name. I am open to all ideas as I am a bit of a noob!

McGuinness

Keep in mind that most faires will give you a character based on what they need for the streets and might not necessarily use whatever character you propose to them...

Lady Dina

I completely understand. It would just help me get into character if I have some kind of background story. I can always change later depending on their need. I would like to audition to be part of the nobles entourage so what kind of character would that be?

Cobaltblu

I like the idea of:

"Margaret, Lady in Baiting", similar to lady in waiting.

Where you are a noble woman who moonlights with the thief guild by faking injury or convincing well to do people to come to your aid and they are then robbed.  You are the bait for your lower class compatriots and wear a mask so your noble acquaintances never realize who you are.

As a patron I like characters with interesting stories and not just "Lord whomever from wherever" who walks around and acts aloof.

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.