News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

For those this weekend

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, July 13, 2010, 04:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

If you are coming out of state... or even in state. The weather is predicted to be in the mid to high 90's on Saturday with a 10% chance of rain. What does this mean. Be prepared to be fried, baked, toasted, roasted and burned and then sprinkled on.

Bring your sunscrean and LOTS, and LOTS and LOTS of water, gateraide in the car, tea, lemonade and Pickle Juice. Try not to drink to much wine, beer, ale, or mead. Take breaks in the shade, and do not over due it.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

If you wear your Elizabethan garb, sans sleeves and leave the neckline open to expose jewelry. Have Toki not wear sleeves either.

Even though your garb breathes, take it easy. Getting heat stroke would not be cool at all.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Gauwyn of Bracknell

M'Lady and I are so glad our new garb has detachable sleeves!

It is H/A not to wear pants?  :D
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Blushing

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on July 14, 2010, 12:02:13 PM
It is H/A not to wear pants?  :D

Pants or trousers? ;o)  Distinct difference m'lord!

And I will say that the heat out here is generally a drier heat than in many places.  (Current humidity at faire is 14 percent.)
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Blushing on July 14, 2010, 01:01:08 PM
Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on July 14, 2010, 12:02:13 PM
It is H/A not to wear pants?  :D

Pants or trousers? ;o)  Distinct difference m'lord!

And I will say that the heat out here is generally a drier heat than in many places.  (Current humidity at faire is 14 percent.)

I was referring to wearing neither   ;)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Adriana Rose

soo that means that the menu includes Baked Garland Girls bordering on Broiled yay

Monk

There is a gentleman on court wearing a blue doublet, slashed with cream coloured "shirt" beneath and open sleeves. I have worn that costume, it is plastic backed and not very breathable, please pester him into submission with water and shade.
Monkey Business is the best business.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Monk on July 14, 2010, 04:24:18 PM
There is a gentleman on court wearing a blue doublet, slashed with cream coloured "shirt" beneath and open sleeves. I have worn that costume, it is plastic backed and not very breathable, please pester him into submission with water and shade.

Funny the only two on court in blue are the Baron and Toki, Baron wears Noblise Oblige of his own and Toki's is a brand new wholy owned by him. I cannot remember any other in blue. Is this the gentleman in question? http://www.pbase.com/delaneyalysa/image/126512241
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

The Professor

That'll be (not the picture) Dave, I'll have a word with him.  Lovely fellow, new, too, do get to know.

Best!
"People?  YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THERE'D BE PEOPLE!"

Zoë

I know who you're referencing, Monk...well, I've seen him about, but I've never spoken to him.  That outfit does look mighty hot. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Our carriage is pulling out of East and we shall arrive soon! 
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Norfolk

Quote from: Monk on July 14, 2010, 04:24:18 PM

That would be the Marquis of Sommerset.  If you look closely, the gentleman also wears black leather gloves.  He is, apparently, quite heat-tolerant, but he also takes care to maintain hydration.  Nonetheless, thank you for your words of caution, Master Monk.  I will pass them on.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Norfolk

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on July 15, 2010, 07:06:09 AM
Our carriage is pulling out of East and we shall arrive soon! 

Huzzah and safe travels, My Lord of Bracknell.  We look very much forward to seeing you soon.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Any one want to help a lady dress Saturday? Toki got called into work even after he said Not until mid August. I need to be inside at 9 and need strong hands for the corset and help withthe rest.
"The Metal Maiden"

The Professor

Just show up at Cast Call, we do a lot of last-minute lacing.

Best!
"People?  YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THERE'D BE PEOPLE!"

Monk

Wait a minute, it's not last minute unlacing at cast call?

Knew I was doing something backwards.
Monkey Business is the best business.

Lady Kett

Our carriage is departing Texas within the next 2 hours. Can't wait to see everyone and meet some new folks this weekend!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I was at www.weather.com, typed in Denver, CO.

The daytime high temps are looking to be in the upper 90's, near 100 degrees for Saturday. Heat Indexes higher.

That means people, take your time! Drink plenty of water and Gatorade! Dress lightly! Use parasols for instant shade! Avoid alcohol that will bring on dehydration and cramps Be sure to eat something!

Most of all!!  HAVE A GREAT TIME!

Francisco Paula

you can also type in larkspur at weather.com where its saying 86 for the high (of course probably off) with thunder storms and 30 percent chance of rain.

But either way lets have a fun and safe time.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

YEAH... I won't be alone, my sister is coming with me. Sdaly no Toki for Love and Bromance
"The Metal Maiden"

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

A verse from a Crosby, Stills, Nash song...

"If you can't be with the one you love, honey...
Love the one your with."  ;D