News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Portraying Will Scarlet!

Started by Will Gamwell, July 14, 2010, 11:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Version of Will Scarlet do you prefer to see at a Ren Faire?

Hollywood 1?  1938 The Adventures of Robin Hood.  Red, a bit of a dandy.
3 (12.5%)
HollyWood 2?  The smaller, jaded Will (ie: Prince of Thieves)
1 (4.2%)
HollyWood 3?  Will from the new Robin Hood 2010 movie
5 (20.8%)
Howard Pyle's Will Scarlet?
3 (12.5%)
Or Some other Will (provide explanation)
3 (12.5%)
Robin Hood Men In Tights' Will Scarlet
9 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Zardoz

Quote from: Will Scarlet on July 19, 2010, 09:21:09 AM
Quote from: Lady Christina de Pond on July 14, 2010, 03:15:25 PM
hey you forgot

Robin hood prince of theives will
and bbc america's robin hood verson of will

Prince of Theives Will is there.  The BBC one, well, the BBC show is off my radar.  So that will have to fall under the category of "Other".

Quote from: Zardoz on July 14, 2010, 03:12:25 PM
I picked other, I like Owen Teale's version in the 1991 Patrick Bergin "Robin Hood". That version of the story has been my favorite since I first saw it.

http://www.copperlily.com/scarletinside/otherscars.html#Teale

I actually really want to see this movie.  I may have to dig at the local stores and find a copy to watch before the season actually starts.

For what it's worth, I saw the Patrick Bergin Robin Hood for like 4 bucks on Amazon a while ago.
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

gem

Nobody mentioned the best Will Scarlet *ever*?!

"I am NOT a merry man!"

LadyFae

LOL Gem!  I remember that episode!!!!!  =D
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Poldugarian Warrior

Will your's is the best garb. I was watching the old black and white The Adventures of Robin Hood show on Retro TV the other day. and in the dialogue they stated that Will got his name from the wearing of red. And even though it was black and white. I could tell the clothing apart from the mantle and hat had to be of any different color other than red. So I think you got it right. And he sort of played a player in the scene where he was getting some food and ale at a tavern and hitting on the wench there. So you look just like him. I'm not sure if that was the 1938 show or movie, because it's not a movie, but a TV series.  I dress like Robin Hood, and many ask if I'am, but I can't be because I don't wear all green and most accounts have him wearing all green. I wear a brown tunic, hood, black pants and boots, and have black leathered equipment, and the green hat. So I'm just one of his merry men.