News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mudanes have more benefits than season pass holders

Started by Lord Daniel Of Clarence, July 28, 2010, 01:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Daniel Of Clarence

Once again it seems management at Sterling has given perks to the mundanes while completely disregarding the season pass holders. I did hear a season pass holder, who was slightly disgruntled at the season's opener, comment that we should boycott the season pass. I for one, after twenty years of season passes, is considering buying my tickets at the gate since there are more perks available.

Aaroncois

What sorts of perks? I'm not a season-pass-holder. I generally buy my tickets online in advance - during the pre-season discount period when possible. I did buy my tickets on opening day for the B1/G1 at half-price sale, which resulted in a very lengthy wait to get in (I won't bother with that again).

I definitely don't feel like I got any special perks besides enjoying the faire. Am I missing something?

Aaroncois

I'm also confused by the use of the term "mundane" in this context. In my experience, it has always referred to the patrons who don't care to dress up in period garb. I've never heard it used with respect to season pass holders vs. people who buy their tickets in some other format.

But mostly I want my perks. :D

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: Lord Daniel Of Clarence on July 28, 2010, 01:23:07 PM
Once again it seems management at Sterling has given perks to the mundanes while completely disregarding the season pass holders. I did hear a season pass holder, who was slightly disgruntled at the season's opener, comment that we should boycott the season pass. I for one, after twenty years of season passes, is considering buying my tickets at the gate since there are more perks available.

There have been some good online  deals  if  you buy your  tickets ahead of  time  on line.  

Back before  Christmas  they had great discounts  on prepurchased  tickets  for  this season.

Back in May  there were also running some  discounts online.

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Lady Amy of York

Just a suggestion, seeing how  the  Sterling faire is  currently  running, may i suggest  we keep negative  comments   towards  the faire  to ourselves
.  The faire is  a great faire.  Sir Douglas  Waterbury and his crew  have  put in alot of  work  trying to preserve  the faire  and  bring it back on it's feet.
 ( if  you recall the faire  was up  for  sale  for  a few years, and  we  could have lost our beloved  faire if it had not been  for   Sir  Waterbury ).

anyway negative comments  only hurt the faire. It  does not deserve  negative comments cause it is a wonderful faire  witha terrific cast, workers  and  vendors.  and  when you make  negative  comments  it  could  drive  people away  who have never been to  Sterling.

I propose  that we  close  this  subject.  
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Sir Douglas of Waterbury

Greetings campers, I would like to address this subject personally 1st we offer a very good stocking stuffer discount till new years eve including larger than normal discounts on season passes and such. Then we offer our early bird special till May 31st then we offered free Celtic Rock tickets with the purchase of a season pass. Then we offered buy one get one half off. Then we offered kids free weekend This weekend we are offering two mugs for the price of one. We also for a short time are offering a free return pass with the purchase of another return pass. We will continue to come up with ways to save. Thank you for continued support and your kind attention. DW

Aaroncois

I think you and your team are doing a terrific job, Sir Douglas. I may finally have to get myself a mug this weekend.

irish

Sir Douglas.....
You are just plain nuts! LMAO!  :D
Keep up the terrific work!
I for one, appreciate all you do for the MUNDANES!  :P LOL!
I missed the mug special as I was sick.......dang it all to heck!  :(
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

irish

*** Lord Daniel***

If you have been going to faire, as you say for twenty years, then you definitely can see the much needed improvements made by the new ownership!
The past owners, who I know very well, just decided to give up. They did what they could for many years and the need to move on....to let someone else take the faire & to make it more than what they could do....was there.
Mr. Waterbury, has taken the 'reins' and is making the faire more than what it ever was!
I for one, used to buy a seasons pass for many years. It does save you some money, but if you do not attend faire every weekend, it will loose value. I also believe, there are more 'perks' available, than what was offered in years past.
I do hope you will continue to enjoy your visits to Sterling and will watch for the many offers on-line next season, for 'early birds'!
Take care and hope we meet up, sometime!
irish

irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)