News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2011 Season

Started by FlaRF, August 11, 2010, 09:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlaRF

Greetings! Dates for the 2011 season have been announced and are as follows:

MIAMI - Weekends, January 15-23, plus MLK, Jr. Day, at Virginia Key Beach Park.

BROWARD - Weekends, Feburary 12 - March 13, plus Presidents' Day, at Quiet Waters Park.

Gate is open 10 a.m. to sunset. Single-day admission is $7 for children (ages 6-11) and $20 for adults.

If you can, try to visit both festivals-- each have different acts performing. Hip, hip, huzzah!

Toua Taru

Huzzah! This has just made my day and perhaps the rest of my year  ;D I can't wait.
Leave a little sparkle wherever you go

House Hufflepuff
Lady of The Eighth House

faireways

Great news indeed!

Does anyone know if they had a smler cast last year? Fewer actors? It seemed like some were missing.

FlaRF

The amount of cast members remained roughly about the same.

Cpt. Black Shadow

Never been to flarf hoping to make it this year it would be my first and it would be for the one in miami i work barf so it kinda makes it hard to go to the one in broward.
I am Captain Black Shadow. Captain of the Pirate Dreadship Katie Marie! MuwahahaHa

Auryn

Capt Black
the one in Broward actually starts a few weeks before BARF so itd be great to have you.
Always happy to see new blood
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Cpt. Black Shadow

i will see what i can do.. can't make any promises.
I am Captain Black Shadow. Captain of the Pirate Dreadship Katie Marie! MuwahahaHa

Anna Iram

Has anyone any information on the entertainers and vendors for the Deerfield show. I have a friend possibly coming and I'd love to be able to see who will be there when.

Auryn

Anna,
I have been checking their page once a week and there is still nothing there.
A bit alarming considering we are only a couple of weeks out.

The only thing that seems for sure is that this year instead of McBeth it will be "Cinderella the court musical".

Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

iain robb

If their Cinderella is anywhere near as good as their MacBeth, it'll be wonderful. I'm glad to see them tackling new material.

Anna Iram

MacBeth was truely the funniest thing I've seen in a very long time. I laughed till I cried, and it wasn't just the cider.  :D

Looking forward to seeing what they'll do to with Cinderella.

Toua Taru

Just so no one is too alarmed, I saw on their facebook page that the main site has been down, so that maybe the reason you aren't finding anything. However, I haven't personally checked their site. Sorry, hope that will calm some nerves :)
Leave a little sparkle wherever you go

House Hufflepuff
Lady of The Eighth House

Auryn

Well a bit of good news.
My daily work/home commute takes me on the turnpike past the faire grounds, last week lots of campers and busses showed up.
Yesterday afternoon they had one of the big tents up and you could see the bones of the joust field.

Also the website is back up
Unfortunately no entertainment schedule though

iain robb

Actually, I got an e-mail today with a link to the entertainment schedule:

http://ren-fest.com/pics-bios.asp

Lady Rebecca

I'm highly tempted to come visit FLARF this year. But it's a 3 hour drive each way, and I only have the 12th off. Is it really worth it?