News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2011 VARF Dates

Started by Master James, August 12, 2010, 02:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master James

Hot off the presses!

Official dates for the Virginia Renaissance Faire 2011 season:

May 7-8
May 14-15
May 21-22
May 28-29
June 4-5

10am-5pm
Closed Memorial Day
Theme weekends to be announced at a later date.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Benedict Browne

Why is it starting a week earlier than previous years?
Scott McD.

(Master Benedict Browne - Sgt. Trumpeter)

will paisley

Quote from: Benedict Browne on August 16, 2010, 12:23:44 PM

As the decision was explained to me, so it could end a week earlier than previous years. ;) The last weekend was running into too many conflicts with other Ren events, so the whole schedule was moved up a week.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

hitchhiker90

I had a good time this year, looking forward to the one next year.

Professor M

I'm going to try to free-up as many of those weekends as I can.  I had such a good time last year, I'm eager to return.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Master James

Quote from: Professor M on September 01, 2010, 05:02:39 PM
I'm going to try to free-up as many of those weekends as I can.  I had such a good time last year, I'm eager to return.

Hope you can come on down when we have auditions and join us as a full member of cast!  It was fantastic having you with us as well!  I'll be up at Pittsburgh for closing weekend if you'll be there.  Take care my friend.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Dallan

Quote from: will paisley on August 16, 2010, 01:06:09 PM
Quote from: Benedict Browne on August 16, 2010, 12:23:44 PM

As the decision was explained to me, so it could end a week earlier than previous years. ;) The last weekend was running into too many conflicts with other Ren events, so the whole schedule was moved up a week.

The problem for me is kid's lacrosse doesn't end until second week of June. Hopefully we can figure something out. I hated that I missed this year completely.
Fight'n

Feline Groovy

We hated that too.  Make them reschedule lacrosse.  This is FAIRE, dangnubbit!  It's IMPORTANT!      ;D
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Captain Dungcaster

I am glad it has moved up a week. Perhaps it may be a bit cooler in 2011 than this past summer. Nancy and I had great fun seeing you all! Thanks for allowing us to play so freely. I know that a schedule is in place. By the way The Richmond Celtic Festival at Meadow Event Park is the weekend of 23-24 October. Hope to see you there!

Frank
"Fantasy Football, Dungeons & Dragons for Jocks"
I.B.R.S.C #1068.

Dallan

Quote from: Feline Groovy on September 23, 2010, 07:10:15 AM
We hated that too.  Make them reschedule lacrosse.  This is FAIRE, dangnubbit!  It's IMPORTANT!      ;D

The worse part is the oldest who I used to coach plays on Saturday. The younger one who I am now coaching made the Div 1 team and they play on Sundays. I'm going to have to miss a game for each to try and get down.
Fight'n

daniel paul

yup. i think my lovely wife and i will try to make it down there atleast once this year.

Feline Groovy

THIS WEEKEND!!!!!! LESS THAN A WEEK TO GO!!!!!

Oh, was I shouting? Sorry, I'm a wee bit excited!!

EEEEEE!!!!!!
Where was I going and how do I get there?

~pixie~

Woot!  Excited is just not the word! 
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White

hitchhiker90

What is the address of the site? I'm planning to go this weekend for the pirate theme if it doesn't rain or the following weekend if it does. But I need to an address to plug into the GPS.  Had a great time last year, and it was a very nice drive there off the main highways, got to see a lot of country.