News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mini faire

Started by Delireus, August 13, 2010, 12:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delireus

I just read about it on their facebook page. I don't know if you have to be a fan of them or what to see it. It's the second post they made down:

"...Maestro Jim Stamberger is in need of your help! The Mini Faire is August 18th and he needs patrons to help him out! What you will be doing is evaluating the performers. For your participation you will get a free ticket into festival for you day of choosing! Go to this link to get more information and to fill out the form! http://information.kcrenfest.com/Performer/MiniFair.html."

And that's the link to sign up. Anyone thinking of doing this? I'm debating. Obviously it's not like faire, as it starts at 7 p.m., but it helps out the apprentices and performers, and free ticket :P
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Butch

Sounds like fun!  Unfortunately, my Wednesday nights are full.  I hope you go!

Aniroaldawen

I'm considering attending. I did it last year for the free ticket, but since I have a season pass I don't need one this year...it was fun to get a first "pre-glimpse" of Canterbury though, and to see the performers. 

Delireus

How many people were there? And what was it like, did you walk around like at the actual faire to different stages or was there a sectioned off part? I think I shall go, it's nice to know you had fun, I'm excited :)
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Aniroaldawen

I"m not sure how many people were there...maybe fifty or sixty "patrons".  Last year, they had us split into groups of two or three and sit a ways apart from each other, scattered throughout the front lanes of the faire, and the apprentices would walk around to the groups and do a short interaction with us.  Each apprentice had sheets of paper where patrons would rank them on things like if they were loud enough, if the interaction made you feel entertained or amused or scared or bored, if their costume clearly defined their character, etc.  After the apprentices had their interactions with the "patrons" everyone met at one of the stages and the "patrons" gave general overviews of the apprentices' performances and ways they felt the apprentices could improve. It's fun, and it's cool to be in the first group to ever see a new faire actor in action, if you get what I'm saying, hehe. :-)

TKM

oh wow, sounds like something i'd love to do. dunno if i can on such short notice, wish i had known earlier. the maestro can count on my cooperation next season for sure, though

kcdcchef

i saw this, sounds like sooooo much fun. they didnt give us enough notice darnit!!!!