News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Procrastinator looking for temp home

Started by UeQuetus, August 16, 2010, 10:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UeQuetus

Don't know if you guys will be able to help but I'm coming to work the MI faire for the first time this year.  All the other faires I work have had on site camping or easy affordable access to camping.  So far the best deal I've been able to find is the Holly rec camping and for 7 weeks that gets a little pricey for a guy that averages less than 300 a week.  I was thinking I'd like to eat a few times while I'm there. ;)  Also the state only lets you camp in one area for 15 consecutive days.  So getting to the point I'm wondering if anyone might have a  spare room to let or a backyard I could pop up a tent in?  Appreciate the help.  I have a few other feelers out there with friends but so far nothing has come up.  Thanks.
Jon
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. "
-Robin Williams

Ellaris

My yard is pretty spacious but alas I'm about two hours south of Hollygrove and I'm on an island so the drive probably is not be worth it. Hope you find something soon.
There's no place like faire

UeQuetus

Thanks for the offer.  Might have been worth it but as it turns out there is out of state rennie camping available for me.  It's fairly small, and there's no shower available, but getting that worked out with trips to the local park.  Hopefully I'll meet some local people that might be up for putting me up next year.  Now if I could just find free regular shower access.
Jon
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. "
-Robin Williams