News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sickie Roll Call!!!

Started by Blue66669, June 04, 2008, 08:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue66669

Yeah, well, you can't fault me for it LOL. Seems the only logical explanation to me :-*

Hey, not to say I didn't do my "faire" share of "cross-pollinating". But hey, at least nobody's got photo proof of it...

I'd like to submit for evidence the following photos...Ok, so I won't post them here. But trust me PYRATE, I've got it, and it's organized, and labeled, and in TRIPLICATE!

;)
Blaidd Drwg

Muffin

yup I got the dreaded yuck... Looked like Strep throat..  :P Don't think I ran a fever tho??... was really only down for about a day... Beer cure.. works every time.... The little white patches on my tonsils are pretty much gone now and the throat is just red...

I still think its from the plane... petri dish with wings I say...

I don't know how any germs could survive all the alcohol in TN....

then again.... these are rennie germs we're talking about, and rennies are survivors....  :D

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Lady Nicolette

I agree with the plane-petri-dish and alcohol-killing-germs theory.  Queen Bonnie got sick as well, so I think it was de plane!  Anyone else who didn't fly and didn't get ill (like me)?
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Sir Ironhead

I'm thinking it's just withdrawal symptoms.  I didn't get sick but I had a "faire fix" 5 days later  ;D.
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

Carl

While I ahd no problems my wife stated feeling bad on Sunday (hay fever like symptoms). Even with all the cross pollinating I feel great!
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

Capt Lucy

Yep...I got the icky throat thing too...
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

Tremayne

Non-flyer here who has also gotten ill but a stomach flu. No throat or upper respiratory involvement.
I am but mad north-northwest; when the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw. --Shakespeare via Hamlet.

Queen Bonnie

I got the bug on the plane back a week ago Tuesday. Sore throat, cough icky sicky.
I still have it. Scotch helps!  I think it was a hex! We were all having so much fun! Sorry to hear so many got the RENNDEFLU! LOL! Lets all get better!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Capt Lucy

ROFL...Rendezflu!!   ;D

The Vile Rendezflu of 2008!!
Booty'n Penny

Queen Bonnie

A New word for the lexicon? Renndezflu!  Your Spelling is better, Lucy!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Capt Lucy

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on June 05, 2008, 05:24:08 PM
A New word for the lexicon? Renndezflu!  Your Spelling is better, Lucy!

LOL...it wasn't intentional...I was half dressed standing near a window trying to type too fast...rofl.
Booty'n Penny

jinx

Alright, Faye and Blue!  I want to know HOW, since I wasn't there, you two managed to pass this along to me via the chat last night?!  I know the stomach problems aren't related, but I came down with one hell of a sore throat 'round noon today (along with general all-around ickyness), whereas I haven't had one o' those since my last bout with strep.

I blame YOU!  XP
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

Escarlata

*chuckling* Don't let MadJack fool you, he had it Monday. However, he told me he cured it by drinking the Baba from the handfasting. Mayhaps, if you've not broken the seal on the little jewel, it's time.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Capt Lucy

Quote from: Escarlata on June 05, 2008, 06:38:11 PM
*chuckling* Don't let MadJack fool you, he had it Monday. However, he told me he cured it by drinking the Baba from the handfasting. Mayhaps, if you've not broken the seal on the little jewel, it's time.

Runs for the bottle....   you don't have to tell me twice...  as you wish!  ;)
Booty'n Penny

Captain Jack Wolfe

That was actually a combination of pipe weed and allergies.  But the Baba (for breakfast!) helped incredibly!  ;)
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus