News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Gypsy Tale

Started by SarviaRose, June 04, 2008, 09:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NORSEMAN

I told Caitlyn use your powers cloud his mind, befuddle him or make him see you as someone else, isn't it amazing how easy it is becoming too do this?.

If for any reason he might be an ally of old Harrington he'll pay dearly for it!.

We roamed the castle it wasn't too large but still intact with all its defences and walls strong enough too use as our refuge from these beasts and speaking of beast I had the knight show me too his dungeon where we shall store this vile beast until it changes into its true form.

Finally about two in the afternoon the caravan showed up and pulled inside the compound gates, we were all happy to see such a strong fortification too sleep behind and as usual the gypsies went right too work cooking, gathering firewood and going about the duties Fenella had assigned them.

I couldn't help notice Fenella looked so distraught at the sight of this castle as though some bad memories for her lay here but I'd already learned not too ask the really powerfull gypsy about such she would tell me if she thought I needed too know.

I called all the men together and made Johnny my officer over the men this excited him greatly and they never minded because he was of the royal gypsy line anyway and it was his place too command but for now I just let him carry orders he wasn't trained near enough yet.

We began positioning the men about the walls and soon found  ourselves short of watchmen but this is all we can do for now I just hope the wolves don't realize where no watchmen were.

SarviaRose

Caitlyn smiled at Robert's word she concentrated and focused on the old knight and change the memory of her wedding to make the bride's face blurry. She also found she could see his past thoughts.

"Robert your worries about the Old Knight's allegiance to Lord Harrington are unfounded they where not friends but nor where they enemies he tolerated him but nothing more. But don't fear he will not be able to place me."

Robert eyed his little sister, she just shrugged.

"I don't want to do that again but it will come in handy. You should try it sometime, it feels very weird to enter a person's mind."

"We just keep learning new things about ourselves."

"Yes we do brother."

Caitlyn watched as the caravan enter the castle she couldn't help running down to meet them. She watched as Jasper hopped down from the wagon and run to greet her.

"I missed you." Jasper told her.

"I know." Caitlyn said with a smile.

The couple turned to follow Robert as he appointed officers Caitlyn was a little worried when he name Johnny one but knew that it would be a good position and that Robert wouldn't have given him it without being sure he would be able to handle it. After all it wasn't long ago when Caitlyn left him in charge of training.

"So little brother, big brother has given you an important job."

"Yes, I will do my best and learn everything I can." Johnny smiled down at his older sister.

Molly and George came to visit them also both had a look of worry in there eyes. Robert assured them he would be watching over Johnny.

"Dad, Molly; please Robert knows what he is doing. We will all be watching over Johnny, he is good at this."

George finally conceded and looked at Robert. "Take care of him"

Robert nodded his head. "It is getting dark we need to prepare."
Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP

NORSEMAN

I placed all the men we could upon the walls but it was still sparcely covered but only time will tell as to if they attack us here or not.

Johnny was walking his rounds upon the walls like a general and the last time I had seen him he was near the rear of the compound talking too one of his friends, the werewolf I had in the dungeon was already beginning too howl and it seemed to erily vibrate through the very walls of the castle and I knew it could not be long before the rest of them were at the foot of the walls clawing too get inside.

The last rays of the sun had completely faded and nothing was left but the coal black darkness of this frozen night, I went too fetch my silver plated weapons for I knew surley I would have use for them before the dawn and I had barely even gotten back outside when the howls from the nearby forest rang with a continual mornfull howl in answer too the caged victim we had inside.

I waited and watched Caitlyn was back and fourth mostly watching Johnny too make sure he was ok but attending various duties, after a very tiring night it seemed the howling was subsiding when at just about 4:00 a.m. there was a scuffle upon the back wall I rushed toward the area for I knew Johnny was there but none of my guards could be seen!.

At least four men had disappeared and finally from out of the guard post at the corner of the wall I could see movement and it wasn't human!.

I slipped the bow from my shoulder and placed a silver tipped arrow upon the string and as the beast came walking out on its hind legs I pulled the bow back with all my might, even in this dim light I could see blood smeared all over the beasts face!.

It walked toward me standing nearly seven foot tall when upright, it smelled like a wet dog and the warm blood it had upon it gave it a vile smell indeed, I released the arrow and the beast just stood there as to say "You can't kill me!", the arrow hit its mark dead center and the creature crumbled and fell toward the ground below.

It was then I realized there wasn't one werewolf but three inside the guard tower post, I strung another arrow and at the short distance I was at it was no great shot too fell the next beast but the third wasn't staying around he let out an inhuman howl and leapt from the high wall to the ground and out of sight before I could retrieve another arrow.

Then suddenly it hit me that they had drug all the bodies inside the tower too feast and that my poor brother Johnny's body must be inside!.

Many of the others and Caitlyn came running towards me hearing this disturbance, I could not for the first time in my life bring myself too go inside that room knowing that Johnny must be there when suddenly a familiar voice rang out "It was Johnny!", he said "It never fails the minute I go too relieve myself something happens!".

I looked to Caitlyn and she began laughing and then I think it all hit us of our fallen comrades just inside the tower but they were beyond helping and we the living were still in need!, "RETURN TOO YOUR POSTS!", I yelled and stay awake least you become dog food!.

It was then I could see the wolf who had jumped from the wall, he was our Alpha male and he didn't mind showing it before the others but he stayed just far enough too be out of range of our bows but then a plan formed too me!.

I told Caitlyn have two horses saddled when these wolves start too leave with the coming of daylight we are going too follow this packs leader home!, are you up too that little sister?

NORSEMAN

At long last our stanoff with the wolves was coming too an end, it was nearly daylight and they had too make a choice either stand there and become human or use what few minutes of they're superhuman strength too run toward the places they hide and it didn't take long for them too choose.

The pack leader threw his ugly head into the air giving a yelp and the rest repeated the same yelp then they started running in the opposite directions each obviously heading home.

But this time Caitlyn and I were ready and the men threw open the gates and we charged fourth upon the best horses available, we both knew we wanted too keep up with this pack leader for he held them together and the horses did an admirable job but they simply couldn't match the speed of this werewolf!.

Caitlyn riding beside me yelled "Take my hand!", I knew at once what she meant and reached fourth too grasp my sisters hand and then everything seemed too become in slowmotion suddenly I could hear the wind blowing behind us but we were barely moving but we were overtaking the terrified beast ahead of us, then she yelled "Let go!" and the wind died away and we pleasantly slowed in a large meadow before a very neat cottage ahead.

Its his house ,she said!.

But I couldn't believe my eyes and said "look sister he's a priest!", and there sure enough behind the house but facing the road on the other side of the building was a church and a large shrine!.

We rode gingerly past this house for we knew the wolf would be fast asleep after all the nights activity and we entered the church, it was a normal church nothing unusual then we went further back inside and found in the rooms beyond old blood smeared bones and gristly trophies only wolves could appreciate.

An idea came too me suddenly, I said "Sister it is Sunday is it not?", she answered "Yes I believe so", then I said further its very early now but these people still think themselves normal during the daytime so lets return and get the men, I bet this whole congregation is his pack!, it only makes sence!.

She agreed and we quickly used our powers too return too the old knights castle and gather the men together so I could address them!.
"Fellows we have found the main lair they are a church congregation!, we can destroy them in human form all at once today if we choose!, or we could do it the gypsy way and make lots of money taking them prisoner and waiting for them too change as Fenella said so we can take the pelts too sell at good prices!, what say you?".

They all agreed we should do it the gypsy way and we began preparations too capture this unholy pack during they're unholy services!.

NORSEMAN

Due too the earliness in which we began we managed too get the men assembled and be back nearing the church before the services for that very Sunday had begun.

I had asked Caitlyn how many wolves she had counted last night and she said twenty three, this was the number I myself had counted so it must be very close too the exact number I believe, slowly things fell into place and I arranged the men as best I could under the circumastances but too my dismay they'd already began singing when we were ready so I motioned too all to move forward and we completely surrounded this unholy church.

It was a cool morning so they had no windows opened and never saw us, I placed the majority of the men too the front and back of the church as this was where the doors lay, I left men on the buildings sides but not that many as these creatures in human form would naturally try too escape as humans through a door.

I gave the men great nets and we had plenty of rope, now all was ready and the part I liked best was too come next, my grand entrance!, I had rehearsed the words in my head while returning back from the castle and even took the precaution of having the old Knight make me a county constable just in case we were wrong and so with everything in order all eyes fell upon me and now as the gypsies say "Its showtime!".

Johnny tried to follow but Caitlyn barked a command at him that if he didn't stay with his men he was no leader and we should replace him!, ha my little sister has become as devious as her big brother!.

I threw open the large doors at the entrance of the church and walked inside clearly showing the badge of office as constable and immediately two large adolecent ushers rushed forward too stop me and I yelled for them too halt but they continued and I drew my sword and arming dagger both silver coated!.

They didn't stop and I thrust at the oncoming beast in human form with the sword and caught him near the adams apple, the other advanced as well but only into the waiting charms of my dagger and he as well fell backward the silver smoking as it came fourth from the monsters bodies!.

The preacher spoke aloud "Silver!", and I turned my blades against the audience and said remain in your seats for I have the means of your demise and will use it against you!, you are all under arrest!.

At this the preacher attempted as small scuffle but the butt of my sword changed his mind as I brought it solidly down against his head knocking him unconscience, the rest I sent outside in twos to be shackled and when we finished we revived the beast preacher and shackled him as well, then we marched the remaining twenty one back too the old knights dungeons and wait too see who changes when the moon grows full!.

A sorry lot they looked when in human form some old, some as young as eight and all in between, I told the men too go sleep for tonight is our payday!, when we take the werewolves pelts plus the money from the knight!.

All cheered and were happy but very tired and quickly went too they're blankets too sleep!.

NORSEMAN

The evening grew near and I went below too the dungeon too see our caged prizes but all I found before me were people,scared people, crying waiting for what they knew was going too happen but unable too stop it any more than I could the rise of the sun tomorrow!.

This was unexceptable I said!.

I left and went straight too Fenella and asked her "Is there nothing we can do for these people?, you should see them they are pathetic, I don't care if they are werewolves I can't kill them!".

Fenella said "Congratulations my son!, you have moved a step forward upon the chain of life for now you see life is more value than money!, mmmh perhaps your dark side isn't so dark after all!".

The old lady sat there deep in thought for a second and said "No no theres nothing I can do too stop this but Caitlyn!, ahhhh Caitlyns powers are greatly magnified beyond mine and I believe she could cure them if anyone can!", you see the only way too kill a werewolf is with a silver weapon!, but you want too save them not kill them and I have heard if the sun can shine upon the face of a werewolf it will be cured forever but you see this is not possible as the wolf will do everything within its power too hide until it takes human form and only then can it stand under the sun.
But perhaps with a little help Caitlyn can magnify a flash into enough light too mimick the sun!.

All I could say was "How!"

The old woman said we haven't time too explain if you want too do this and I don't know if it will work but maybe it will we must hurry before the sun goes down and they all take the forms of wolves!.

Then the old lady sprang out of the wagon and began gathering small clay pots and turned too me saying, "Do you want too help or not?", so we gathered these pots for what seemed too be hundreds and carried them all down too the dungeon while Caitlyn and Fenella mixed different concoctions in the wagon.

Soon they appeared in the dungeons and began pouring this mixture into each small pot that lined the entire floor except for one spot where Caitlyn could stand, and she grabbed me by the hand , "Come child we must leave quickly!", but Caitlyn took a position in the center of the pots!.

We herded everyone out as quickly as we could and I asked Fenella "What of Caitlyn will she be safe?", she simply said "She will!".

Suddenly light exploded fourth from every crack and crevice in the walls and doors a blinding hot light!, Fenella began too laugh "Yes yes yes thats it!!!!" she screamed and then as quickly as it appeared it went dark!.

We threw open the door and rushed inside but had too bring candles too see all was dark, Caitlyn sat in the center of the circle exhausted!, I went and picked her up and she whispered too me "They are cured!".

Fennella bandaged they're eyes for most had gone blind from the light but she said it would only last a few hours!, the Old Knight was exstatic!, he danced around and yelled for joy for his own wife was among those cured!

Caitlyn told me this is what happened-
I was instructed by Fenella too stand in the center of the pots of flash powder and wait for the werewolves too turn fully then use my powers too ignite the powder at one time!, draw each flash together into one and then magnify it as great as possible, I had my doubts but it was actually easier than I thought.
I exploded the powder inside the pots and drew them all into one ball then I held my hands into the ball and pictured the magesty of the rising sun sending rays of light fourth to banish the dark! and it was so!.
The entire dungeon became white with no definition except what looked like line drawings where the wolves and the bars were then suddenly the animal noises began too get less and less and finally I knew it was complete and I released the ball of light and saw the people standing before me normal people!, not wolves!.

NORSEMAN

I didn't know what had overcome me for once in my life I'd shunned the savage things for th sake of people!, never before would I have done this not for certain I'd simply have waitted on these wretches too turn too wolves and I'd have shot them and skinned them!, then sold the hides!.

Being with these people has had a strange effect upon me that I'd never felt before and that was sympythy!, I was shook from this feeling by Fenella knocking at the door of the room the knight had let me have while there.

As I let her inside she said "I know child your confussed and bewildered at these feelings, but they were no different than what Caitlyn felt when you taught her too kill when necessary", she went on too say that things will be different now for you at least but do not fear them they are the feelings of most humans but only you over the years have learned to isolate yourself from others and when you do this you become less human!.

This was all very much too take in all at once for me and she said you know soon Caitlyn will teach you things you should know of herbs and formulas, I will also help you but you may have noticed the Hermit has been suspiciously absent for now, mmmh yes think about it! he has been away but he will return too you soon.

You as now are nothing your niether Gypsy nor otherwise your much like the wolf yourself, now you've taken a step beyond this you can be taught more like I taught Caitlyn, think into your mind do you recognize things you had never knew before?.

Life is like a book and you turn one page and there are more behind it and you have turned that page!.

We must leave here soon child and once into the forest all of us must have a meeting among ourselves well away from everyone else for you cannot remain as an outsider you must either become one with us or choose another path  for there is too much power flowing within you and Caitlyn too have oppossite goals, we will talk more later but I hope you will stay and become one of us permantly and then she left, this gave me lots too think about but I realized I didn't know half the gypsies I barely knew the men who were killed!, suddenly I called too Caitlyn in my mind.

SarviaRose

Caitlyn was a little startled when she heard Robert in her head, she had been spend time with their family getting everything ready for she knew they would be leaving this place soon. Jasper saw her face go blank and worried for awhile until he noticed Caitlyn was still alert just something else had creeped in. Caitlyn's face went back to normal and she kissed Jasper.

"Can you handle this? I need to go talk with Robert."

"Yes love you know I can. Johnny will be around soon enough and your dad is almost done packing. Molly and Chad are inpatient they want to leave this place soon. Your sister is not to keen on having her baby here."

Caitlyn looked at Jasper, not believing his word but remembered even though she has seen the baby growing it was still odd to her.

"Good. I will be back soon."

Jasper gave her a kiss before she ran off. Jasper had seen the look of wonder in her eye when he brought up Molly's baby and wondered why the concept of a baby seems to be hard to grasp.

Caitlyn found Robert easily.

"So big brother this mind thing comes in handy. What else is on your mind?"

Caitlyn sat and listened as Robert told her about his conversation with Fenella.

"You can't leave Robert." She told him in a pleading voice.

"Cait, I have to think about it more. I feel overwhelmed."

"I felt similar when Jasper found me and brought me back to the gypsies. We both have been separated from our family for a long time. We have just reunited and now mom is gone."

Robert could see the pain in her eyes they had no clue about what had happened to Louise they didn't even know if she was still alive or being held captive somewhere. Robert got up and gave his sister a bear hug.

"So I am going to an uncle?" Caitlyn looked at him shock in her face. "Molly, not you silly I don't have that kind of power. At least I don't think I do."

"Yes Molly wants to leave here as soon as we can. So do I this place is dark even after the werewolves."

"I agree, I am packed and I am sure Jasper and Johnny have gotten everything else. Lets make one more sweep and than head out. I will meet you at your wagon"

Caitlyn hugged her big brother and headed in the opposite direction. It wasn't to long before both met up again at the wagon. Everyone was more than ready to leave the castle and the old knight.

"So little sister shall we go?" Robert said as he held out the reins to her horse.

"Yes big brother lets go."

Robert called out orders and the gypsies left the castle. They traveled the next two days before setting up camp again. Caitlyn was told Robert about the different kinds of herbs and some formulas before he made her stop. Caitlyn leaned over in her horse and hugged him.

"Don't worry big brother. I know it is a lot to learn but you will be surprised on how fast you will pick it up and remember."

NORSEMAN

I liked riding with Caitlyn and learning from her, we were getting very close and thats something I've never been with anyone before and I was tired ,tired of the fighting and death and I just wanted some peace and Caitlyn told me they had a special place kinda far but it was worth the travel it was quiet and very deep within the forest near the foot of the mountains.

I could see a strange glimmer in her eye and she kinda smiled and said "you know it will take us both too do this!", I asked how?, I understand a couple of horses being transported but a whole caravan?.

She said once you can pick up a small rock long enough you get strong enough too pick up bigger ones and this is simply a bigger rock! and she smiled and said go too the back of the caravan we no longer need too make contact physically too do this!.

So quickly I jumped out of the wagon and ran too the last wagon in line, she had waited until we were almost in a straight line and she could look back and see me and I could see the front, then she waved and said "OK Now!" and I could feel my conscienceness reaching out toward her and meeting her halfway in the middle of the caravan and it was incredibale!.

Suddenly as always the wind began too blow wildly behind us and we were starting too lift from the ground then like a arrow into the wind we shot!, everything beyond the wagons looked like many colors flying past us and you could focus upon nothing and then suddenly my little sisters voice rang clear "its time big brother begin too slow and stop."

The images flashing past us became clearer and clearer then finally we could see that this was truly a different place entirely yes a much different place far from where we were!.

It was a beautiful spot and an almost spring like day in the little valley we settled into and behold there stood Fenella and the Hermit waiting for us ahead!.

Everyone stopped and looked about there were trees laden with all sorts of nuts and fruits, wild vegtables and herbs grew there in abundance and there was a bubbling creek running throught the valley as well and fish could be seen from the wagon jumping out of the water.

As everyone looked around I left the last wagon and walked back up front and Caitlyn smiled and said this is where we always winter!, this valley never gets very cold or warm and the old ones say its a magic place and here we will stay until theres a faire in the South where the men smell like garlic!.

NORSEMAN

It didn't take everyone long too spread out and find peaceful spots too erect camps, I would stay with Caitlyn mostly but she and Jasper were begining to need more and more privacy and I thought I should get my own wagon soon maybe Johnny would like too come and stay with me.

I felt sorrow for the families of the men who were killed at the castle, three of them were married and had children and only one was a single man, I tried too help the widows as much as I could and so did everyone else.

It wasn't long before the Hermit found me at the wagon and said he had a place where I could stay that would be better, so I followed him a short distance through the woods and he stopped in front of some large bushes and said here!.

I asked him "you want me too live under this bush?", he replied "No I certainally don't!, I want you too live in the cave behind this bush!".

He then said the bush is not real its not even there!, just walk through it young squire!.

I didn't know about this but did as he said and started into the bush only too have it disappear and a cave appear in its stead!, he went on too say that its magic of course and I must get used too it!.

He then said that too learn the ways of nature you do best too live closest too it and a cave being a natural made house is about as close as you can get! and he motioned over through the darkness too a table covered in dust and cobwebs but looked too be as ancient as he was and he said "do you know who lived in this cave for a while? mmmh?.

I thought for a second and said "It was Lord Merlins?", "Yes " he replied thats right!, he said now remove your sword and hold it up!, now release your grasp of it!.

I did as instructed and the sword went right too its old rack upon the wall where lots of other weapons were stored, he said "See it already knows its home!" and he lit the candles upon the table and began showing me the collection of things there that no person could ever have believed and then he said all this once was and could be again but you must progress another step beyond what you have in order too gain more power, for now you must learn with Caitlyn and Fenella but soon if your advanced enough theres someone who can show you everything you need too know and he's right here in this cave now.

I looked about and said "you sir?", "No you dolt!, not me! eeer theres another here but in a different form and thats all you need too know for now!".

NORSEMAN

I spent many weeks studying under the teachings of the Hermit and Caitlyn, Fenella was busy with other progects and getting the fourteen wagons of our caravan ready for the early faire in the place called Italy.

She has taught the children of one man killed how too throw knives and do tricks with them, the other two families children she taught too walk a highwire and acrobatic tricks so they could support themselves.

Caitlyn is busy working on some type of elixor of energy and vitality too sell when we get there and I as well need to get ready but somehow I figure I'll end up occupied no matter what happens.

SarviaRose

Caitlyn loved being in this magical place. She got to spend time with her family and Jasper. Fenella continued to teach her everything she knew about herbs and potions. The elixir was interesting for her it took so many precise measurement and even times when to had to be added. Robert brought her unexpected joy in teaching him about everything she knew it was like when he was teaching her how to fight.

Before long Molly went into labor Chad was frantic with worry but with Fenella, Caitlyn, and Robert there he had nothing to worry about.  Fenella helped Caitlyn deliver Molly's baby boy because Molly didn't feel comfertable having Robert in the wagon with them. Caitlyn cleaned off her nephew and handed him to Molly.

"Oh Molly he is so tiny."

"Cait, you are silly. Have you never held a baby?"

"Only once" Caitlyn answered but before Molly could as more questions she said. "I'm going to go tell everyone. I am sure Chad wants to see."

Caitlyn ran out of the wagon and right into Robert.

"Cait what's wrong?"

"Nothing. You are an uncle his name is Sorin it means sun. Go see your nephew." Caitlyn said trying to smile

Again Caitlyn ran off telling people as she went about Sorin. Everyone ran to Molly and Chad's wagon excited to see the new member of the family. Caitlyn continued in the opposite direction. She found a lake and wondered to herself if she had created it because that is what she wanted. She ran towards the lake, discarding her clothing has she went and jumped in and started swimming. She wondered if she could change into a fish but knew that if she could right now she may not want to turn back.

"Cait, where are you?"

Caitlyn came up for air to see Jasper looking for her.

"Cait!!"

"I'm here Jasper." Caitlyn started to come out of the lake and tossed her shirt on happy that it was very long and could be used to sleep in and picked up her other clothes.

"What's wrong, Robert said you looked upset."

"I'm okay I needed to get away."

"This is about babies isn't it"

"Yes it is but I don't want to talk about it."

Jasper took Caitlyn into his arms and kissed her. "It is okay. If you ever want to talk about I am here for you."

Just then all of Caitlyn's energy left her and she collapsed into Jasper's arms.

"Oh my silly one. To much excitement for you today, delivering a baby, creating a lake, and swimming like a fish." Without a word he lifted her up and carried her back to camp.

Robert saw them coming into camp and started to head towards them but stopped when he saw Jasper shake his head. Jasper continued to their wagon and placed Caitlyn who was now fast asleep into the bed. Jasper than went to get some food and to talk with Robert, Robert meet him just outside the wagon.

"Is Cait alright?"

"Yes and no. Emotionally she is exhusted something happened before we where reunited. I know she loves Sorin but I have a feeling that for her to spend anytime with him is going to be painful. I don't know if that bostaris Harrington did something in front of her or to her to make her react in such away around babies."

Robert stared at Jasper even though they knew Lord Harrington was dead and gone he still seemed to have some kind of hold on Caitlyn they both where sure of it.

"Jenny." Robert blurted out and the two ran towards her.

Jenny looked up in surprise as the two ran to her but she already knew what there question was going to about. She put her hands up to stop them. "I will not betray Lady Cait's trust in me. Until she tells me it is okay to tell you what happened I am not going to say a word, other than you are right Harrington is involved."

"Please Jenny I don't like seeing her like this."

"It is a good thing you never got to see her after.." Jenny trailed off shacking at her own memories of the past. "But please trust me this is something I will never betray her on ever."

Before they could ask Jenny anything more Caitlyn joined them. She didn't look much better than when they had seen her before.

"Leave Jenny alone. I will tell sometime I'm just not ready yet." Jasper hugged Caitlyn tightly. "So Robert has Fenella told you about Italy? She says she is going to teach us a spell so that will allow us to speck the language."

NORSEMAN

Johnny and I have formed a agreement together we are going too buy us a team and wagon as soon as we can since we have the money the old knight gave us all left but for now I told him we need too find us something for the Italian faire!.

He asked "what for the Italian faire?".

We need to find us something we can sell to make some money, why if we try the two of us could become rich men!, plus now we even have a nephew that will no doubt want too join us as soon as he can! ha ha ha.

Come Johnny I do my best thinking when I'm out among the trees grab your bow and we'll go for a walk perhaphs we will see a stag or something!, we left the cave and soon were deep within the forest surrounding the camp and we walked for a very long time until we came upon signs of a elk.

We tracked the beast far back down a side canyon toward the foothills of the mountain when we came upon an old Elk skeleton, I looked at Johnny and said "This is it brother!", he replied "this is what?", I said help me gather these bones into the game bag we will make lots of money off these!.

Poor Johnny looked perplexed but he help me collect all the small bones and started too get the skull and I told him we can't use that but be very carefull with the pelvis area not too break it, Johnny said at last "Robert how can we make money off these old elk bones?".

I had been doing this intentionally waitting too see how long he could wait too find out so I finally told him, we will take this bag of bones back too the cave and along the way we need too pick up several slabs of sandstone and once we get there we will break the bones into fragments each about big enough too carry in ones pocket then we rub the broken ends upon the sandstone to smooth them down but not enough too not see they are still bones, then polish them with sand until they have a glassy sheen all except the pelvis.

He said I can understand that but how do we make money off this?.

We carry them with us but only you and I, we pay the women too sew us a small bag about three inches by three inches using old leather so it doesn't  look new and have about a thirty inch strand placed threw the draw top so we can carry them about our necks with the bones inside, but just a couple each, then we go into the towns where the men are greedy and foolish and we let them see us taking the bones out and kissing them and rubbing them for luck!.

They will ask us what they are and we will say "Oh just a good luck charm or just say oh nothing!", this will make them very curious and at long last they will ask what is that bone you carry?.

We will let this go on for a long time and then finally say "These are Holy relics, they are the leg bones of Mary!", these men crave Holy relics and will try too buy these from us but we will say "Oh no!", they won't offer much at first but then they will offer more!, but we won't sell anyone any bones until the others have left town and on this last day we sell each one bone for GOLD and we tell them as they know we are gypsies and we stole these from Rome, we are heading too Rome but as you know we always camp far out of town so they will not know we are just going too Rome.

We make a deal with each unknown too the others that these bones are stolen and the soldiers will come and look for them maybe so they must keep them hidden and no tell anyone they have it for it is well worth having and cures diseases and brings good luck!, so then they will be quiet for at least a day or two! ha haa haa.

I will go buy an old wooden box I know Fenella has and have our blacksmith fix polished brass on it, then we have the women fix old silk torn and tattered inside it so it looks very old, then we polish the Elk pelvis and fix it very neat inside, this we will sell too the old Priest in town they always crave relics and we will tell him that the baby Jesus passed through it and it gives miracles!.

Johnny asked won't he know its not a human pelvis?.

I told him most priest stay so tipsy on sacremental wine they know little but most priests I've ever met don't know a Elk pelvis from a human one besides we will be long gone before anyone figures it all out!, Johnny smiled and said we'll be rich!.

NORSEMAN

Johnny was so excited about our trip that I decided too tell Caitlyn that Johnny and I would ride on too the first big town too the South which is Salzberg, she agreed this would be good for him and likely good for me as with too much time on my hands I tend too get into trouble!.

The others would be along sooner or later that was the gypsy way and they would come when ready as for us they knew as much as usual where we were going and we finished packing up and soon were on the high mountain roads heading South.

It wasn't exactly the best time of the year too start this trip as the Winter snows were nowhere near stopping but on horseback we could make it easily, not really quite as easy as I thought once we crossed the main pass heading South where the snows were over twelve feet deep I told Johnny that we needed too keep riding until we at least reached the lower treelines heading down since it was already getting dark but the snow kept everything well lit at night and we stopped too eat some dried beef and drink some wine but found our current position very cold and even Johnny who was very tired said he'd rather keep going.

Soon we were in the deep forest of the lands they call Austria and heading Southeast but we wouldn't reach Salzberg for about three days yet, so I found a good spot with a Southern exposure and the snow had melted off it already, there was plenty of wood around and we were in a cove surrounded by trees on three sides.

We soon had a large fire burning and were fast asleep when a loud noise broke the silence of the night, I woke up but could never figure out what the noise was and soon went back too sleep then we were awaken early by people upon the road below us for as always we camped well off the road.

Johnny and I crawled over too the edge of a rock and found there too be several poor ragged people wandering up into the mountains they were dressed different from most people and wore pointed hats I'd seen them before and recognized they were Jews, there was only about fifteen of them and none prepared for the harsh country that lay ahead in the mountain passes so we invited them into our camp.

They related a story that made us feel as thought we had made a bad choice in heading South now, they claimed many things were happening in Salzberg and that people claimed it too be evil magic and they laid blame upon the Jews and persecuted them only this small group had gotten away.

I sent Johnny who was a very good shot into the forest and soon he came back with an Elk dragging behind his horse, this were hurriedly roasted upon the fire and the starving Jews devoured the meat, once the Jews women got some energy back they went into the woods and found many herbs and roots and used the meat that was left too make one of the best stews we'd ever eatten.

I asked them how the people had thought they were the blame for the troubles there and they said it was because they were the people who turned Jesus in too the Romans and they always got the blame for everything, they said many people in the town had died and they didn't know what was the cause but swore they had nothing too do with it.

They claimed they had much property there and the townspeople had taken it and run the rest out of town, I told them they'd all freeze if they kept heading North and now they didn't know what too do but lament about all of them who had been killed and they're nice things taken from them.

I got an idea!, I asked Johnny if he felt as thought he could make it back too Caitlyn?, he claimed he could easily and I bid him go get her and I'll stay with these people but I think we may be able too help them and the town plus recieve a nice reward for it as well!.

NORSEMAN

While I waited for Johnny and Caitlyn too return I went alone into the forest and tried too summon the Hermit and as he promised he came too me, "Young squire you are troubled?", yes Hermit there are many people in my camp who have been done a great injustice by the people of Salzberg and sent fourth too die in the snow.

The Hermit replied "Yes my son this I know, I saw you feed them!".

What should I do about this Hermit?.

Do as your mind tells you whatever you think is best, fore what is best for me might not be best for you!.

But Hermit why has this happened and what can you tell me of it?.

This happened because some greedy men in Salzberg took advantage of a young Jewish girl raping her then killing her and throwing her body down the well and sealing they're own fate in the process for they contaminated they're own water and now they die of cholera and by what is right you should leave them too their own fate but these poor wretches you saved cannot be left too die.
Use this as an advantage the people of the town believe there is evil spirits about use their own fears and give them some gypsy spirits too see then offer too rid the town of spirits and make them pay well for this.

Very well Hermit thank you for your advice!.

I returned too the camp and forumlated a plan, I thought that if the people of Salzberg were already afraid maybe I could help these Jews by making them ghosts or rather dress them as such for the benefit of the good citizens!.

I talked too the leader of the Jews and told him my plan that I would use what I knew of plants too make a cream when spread over the skin it looks milky white like a ghost and with this they could retrieve they're own belongings but we were gypsys and we only help for a price so the deal is this you will have all your property back you lost that we can find but those who were killed in Salzberg they're property will be the price you must pay for my help and you will work toward this as well!.

The Jewish leader said he'd ask the others if they agree but for him it sounded fair!.

I went too my own bed now too think and it wasn't long before the Hermit was back, he said "They have all gathered into the church mostly but several families remain in their homes of those the criminals who started this all are there but beware they have families that are innocent and do not deserve punishment!".

I though mmmh if they all hide in church and in town maybe we can use this against them as soon as Caitlyn and Johnny arrive we'll move into a villa on the outskirts of town and begin our ghostly haunt!.