News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Gypsy Tale

Started by SarviaRose, June 04, 2008, 09:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NORSEMAN

I started up onto the mountain and soon found I needed too leave the horse so I unsaddled him and removed the briddle I rubbed him down some and turned him loose this way he can easily fend for himself for here all is lush and theres lots of water and grass.

I started on and looked up toward the nearest peak and could make out a very thin trail of smoke!, this I thought was the Hermit!, so I pushed on much faster but soon found the trail was misleading for nearly three hours I followed this trail and don't seem too have gained much ground  for it snakes back and fourth, here and there forever climbing and when I reached the top of this ridge my spirits fell as I saw this trail spilled over into another large valley with thick forests and the peak I'd seen was still almost as far away as it were when I started!.

I began too wonder what has happened is this really the mountain?, then I looked back over my shoulder only too see I was already much higher than the countryside I'd travelled through and you could see for miles across it so on I tredged down the slope and into the forest, it was thick thicker than many I'd seen before and it looked to go on for a long way but once on the trail after about an hours walk I realized I'd come too the back fringe of it and the main mountain lay before me, as I looked back I could see this forest stretch out and I knew it would have taken much longer than an hour too traverse it!, theres magic here I thought!.

I almost fell back wards when a slight voice behind me said "Hard too beieve isn't it! hee hee hee!", there stood what only could've been the Hermit, he was an old man with a long beard completely white he wore a course robe too his ankles like a priests but it wasn't one, he had on sandles and carried a staff and a bag hung from his shoulder, "Come come!, follow me young one!", but I said are you the hermit?.

He didn't even turn around but said "What do you think?, what truly is a hermit?, one who lives away from others or the others who live away from him?", damnation I thought a reclusive philospher!.

I followed this old man at a staggering pace up the side of the mountain and soon found ourselves at the cave where the small fire burned I saw from the ridge, as I turned too look he just laughed!, "Yes yes all can be seen from here", he said.

Then he went on too say this place is all magic everything here is magic in its own right, even the trees for if you harm one the forest will loose you the trees can move but you don't even see them do it and they can make the trail last for weeks or last for five minutes walk, they like you, you see they let you through fairly quickly!.

I told him of Fenella, he stopped me and said "Yes yes I know Fenella!, and I know about you and your problem, I know about Cait and Jasper but don't worry for them Fenella watches over them!.

I then said when can you cure me of this witches grasp?, he laughed and said "Oh my boy I can't do that!, only the Sharrafi Kralyissa could do that!, but here your safe until she arrives this mountain isn't a mountain indeed!, its a huge crystal pointing up out of the mother Earth and the witches have no power here so you are safe as long as you stay here.

But I said the trees, the dirt and rocks they aren't crystals, "No said he but this crystal is still here its under us the other things they like it here as well so they manage too move here its a peace you can only find here!, the Sharrafi Kralyissa will be along soon then she must take her tests and if she survives them she'll be able too cure you.

But said I isn't she the Sharrafi Kralyissa already?, "No not yet shes only the anointed one to become the Sharrafi Kralyissa, to become this she must go through the hole in the back of this cave it leads down too a room where all is crystal save one wall which is polished to reflect there whatever or whoever looks into it, it will reflect they're essence back too them so if they are evil the essence will destroy them or if they are accepted it will open the door too the bridge.

The bridge I said?, yes said he, the bridge it supported by a center support and niether end is affixed too the rocks only your deeds will determine if you can cross if your deeds are heavy and evil it will tilt and you'll fall forever, if she can cross this bridge she must then open her soul too the crystal pillar and only the Sharrafi Kralyissa can absord the knowledge it can give you if shes not the one it will drive her mad!, after that she will have transformed and she will recieve another key, then she can cure you young friend but until then you can stay and talk too me!.

NORSEMAN

I was somewhat disappointed that I could not find a cure with the hermit but at least here on this mountain of pure crystal I'm safe from the possession by the hydra.

The old Hermit was an oddity himself he was 1200 years old and has been there upon the mountain guarding the key since he was himself a young knight, he has stories that would enchant even the most hard too entertain he once says too have ridden with King Arthur himself although he wasn't one of the originals he did do service for the king and was even sent here too protect this place by Merlin himself.

He went on too tell me the various stories of his life and his mighty deeds but that he was tired very tired and as soon as Cait took her tests his time here would be at an end, I didn't realize until much later that he meant he would die when his quest was complete!.

The old man showed me things that were taken by himself long long ago during a crusade too the farterest reaches of the East, he told of a castle wall that stretched on for miles and an emperer that wore silk robes, horses that resembled large cows they called camels and other things that one can only dream of.

He then motioned for me too come too the front of the cave and there you could see Cait and Jasper plainly making they're way across the wilderness before the mountain, I yelled and waved too them but he only laughed and said this is a magic place and they are still very very far away but there is something he can do if all comes together he can cast a spell that moves the very sands itself and they will be brought here as quickly as if they were riding a horse flying in the wind but just too the Mountains foothills there they must still brave the forest then climb up here but he said we shall go and meet them as he had done for me.

SarviaRose

Caitlyn woke up in Jasper's arms, she smiled at him. It was still very early morning and they knew they had to get going.

"Good morning Jasper, I could get use to this."

Jasper laughed and reluctantly the couple started to head out again. Caitlyn lead the way hoping Jasper wasn't in to much pain; she was too afraid to try anything on him.

"How long do you think it will take to get to the Mountain?"

"Another two three days I think. Fenella came last night and said Robert had made it to the Hermit and is waiting for us."

Near evening they where near a village Caitlyn didn't want to go into the village but Jasper needed a weapon.  After talking for awhile Jasper finally gave into Caitlyn's idea, he didn't like it but talked her into waiting until night fall before she tried to take one.

"Jasper I'm going to have to go into the town to see where a decent one is located."

"I know Cait but be careful."

They rode around to the other side of town and found a place where Jasper could hide with the horses. Once Caitlyn was sure that Jasper was going to be safe she headed back into the town. She has dressed as a peasant girl she had brought with her so she wouldn't stand out to much. Caitlyn wandered the village looking for the blacksmith's shop.
"Hey pretty young thing what are you doing wondering around on your own?"

Caitlyn turned to see two young men dressed as soldiers, they couldn't be much older than herself but the uniforms inflated there ego. She wondered if they worked for Lord Harrington since it was apparent to her that he was forming an army for some foolish thing she just hoped it would take her off his mind for awhile.

"I am just looking for my father he told me to meet him there."

"Me thinks there is no father and you should come with us."

"My father would not be very happy. He is most likely looking for me already."

Caitlyn was thinking of a plan she was pretty sure could handle the two, between the training Robert and Fenella had given she was sure she was better trained. However she was regretting leaving her sword with Jasper, but happy she had her dagger.

"Come on little one we have a tent just outside of town it is just us we are on leave from our troop for a few days."

This news made Caitlyn smile and she hoped they where telling the truth. The men however did not wait for her response; one took each of her arms and lead her out of town. Caitlyn pretended to be scared which she was but not as much as a typical 18 year old girl should be.

"Well, what are we going to do with you?" One of the men asked.

Caitlyn just have a weak smile. One of the young came towards her and tried to kiss her. She pushed him back with little force and hung her head down and started to make sobbing noises. This just made the men smile, Caitlyn also smiled but they could not see. Caitlyn moved her hand carefully as to not cause alarm and found her dagger.

The men came at her together this time, Caitlyn was ready. When the first one reached her she pulled out the dagger. With the agility she had learned she lunged at the closest one she got him between ribs. Caitlyn heard him moaning but she didn't look at him instead she looked up at the second one.

"You picked the wrong girl." Caitlyn warned the remaining man, he just laughed at her.

Caitlyn kicked the man in the area she knew it would hurt him the most and than quickly picked up the fallen man's sword.

"Come on little one you got lucky this him. I am prepared for you." He pulled out his sword and started towards her.

"You are wrong, and you underestimate me. Well we are talking who do you work for?"

"No female can beat me and defiantly not one as tiny and young as you. As for your question I am a soldier for the Lord Harrington."

"Oh more reason do dislike you." Caitlyn spat at him.

The man paid no head and only thought of the other females he knew none of which had training in combat and magic. He made a run at her not with his sword but more to try and tackle her to the ground. The man suddenly felt the ground under him and a stabbing pain in his side.

"Do you want to try again, I warned you not to underestimate me."

"You are a witch!"

"I might be I am not sure yet. I am still learning." Caitlyn watch as his eyes stared at her in fear.

Caitlyn hoped he would give up and run away but instead it cause him to get up and run at her again this time with his sword ready to run her through. Caitlyn quickly positioned the sword she was using with one quick move she run stabled him as hard as she could in his chest. He looked up at her in shock as he fell to the ground. Caitlyn quickly cleaned off the sword and took all of the supplies they had that she could carry.

After making sure both men where dead she made her way back to Jasper. He looked up at her in worry.

"Fenella came to me as I slept. Are you okay?"

"Yes Jasper I am fine you forget I have had training also."

Jasper got up he was a little stiff and gave Caitlyn a hug. "You know we will not be able to stay here, Jasper"

"I know that is why the horses are ready to go. I have magic of my own Caitlyn." He smiled at her.

Caitlyn smiled back and handed him the sword she got for him.

"We better get going, Lord Harrington lost two more men by the way."

"I knew I loved you for a reason." Jasper said and gave her a kiss.

They headed away from the village. Once they where out of side form the village Caitlyn reined in her horse.

"Jasper I want to try something."

Jasper looked at her with curiosity, as Caitlyn grabbed his horse's reins well holding both she concentrated hard. After a few minutes she stopped.

"Well if this works we will be at the Mountain of Fire tomorrow."

"If what works?"

Caitlyn only laughed "Hold on tight."

With a nudge from Caitlyn the horses where off; traveling faster than any horse should be able to. After a few hours of riding at the fast pace Caitlyn concentrated again and the horses slowed to a normal pace.

"Wow Caitlyn that was amazing."
"We are almost to the Mountain and should be there in a few hours but."

Jasper looked at her when she didn't finish.  Worry came over him she was pale and looked like she was going to pass out. Caitlyn was barely conscious when she felt Jasper's arm around her.

"Caitlyn, wake up. Please" Jasper tried to wake her many times but nothing was helping.

He called for Fenella's help. "Jasper she has over extended herself. You need to get her to the mountain you are very close. Robert and the Hermit will be waiting for you."

Jasper carefully transferred Caitlyn to his horse and tied her horse to his. He mounted careful behind her hoping she would not fall well he mounted. Once in place he headed in the direction Fenella pointed him in. He traveled at a fast pace and before to long he reached the Mountain of Fire. Jasper was relieved to finally be at the mountain but still worried Caitlyn was still unconscious.
Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP

NORSEMAN

The old hermit called to me too come quickly that Cait is ill and we hurried down the mountainside and waited at the forest edge for the hermit too ask the forest too clear a path for us too the ridge beyond, I'd never seen such as this before the great trees of the forest seemed to begin a dance too the music the wind made as it blew through the tops.

Before long the ancient trees had opened a path straight as possible through them and soon we were at the ridge and ran down the other side too meet Jasper as he carried cait, he was nearly exhausted and I took her from him since he could barely move himself least poor Cait.

As we made it back down the ridge the forest remained open for us and the very trees seemed too moan a mornfull cry in fear for Cait but the Hermit assured them too have no fear she would be revived very soon.

We had barely made it through the dense forest when the trees began they're dance again around each other seeming too hold each others branches as it were their very hands!, then they grew still and the forest path we had just taken was gone from sight and nothing was there except deep brush and the trees.

I made as quick of time as I could too get our poor friend up the mountain and it seemed also to help us gain the heights and we soon were at the cave of the hermit.

He made a bed before the fire and I laid Cait in it, we turned too see Fenella standing before us and we knew she could help.

SarviaRose

Caitlyn say swirling colors in her head, she was trying to get everything to come back into focus. She could hear voices around her but could seem to understand them clearly or respond back.

Jasper and Robert looked at her with concern as the hermit and Fenella made sure everything was ready for her when she woke up. He laid down next to her, he was very tired from the journey. Fenella had healed him so he felt much better but was exhusted. Jasper watched as the hermit and Fenella worked but most of the time watched Caitlyn hoping she would wake up soon.

"Cait wake up your friends are waiting for you. They need your help and they are here to help you." Caitlyn wasn't sure who was talking to her but she listened to the kind voice.

Everyone was watching as Caitlyn slowly opened her eyes. She watched as Jasper smiled and wrapped his arms around her. Robert had a relevied smile on his face. The hermits and Fenella both looked like they where ready to so something.

"Jasper you need to move so Fenella and I can make sure she is alright."

Reluctanly Jasper moved aside so they could be next to her. The Hermit checked her out well Fenella said a spell over her.

"Cait drink this." Fenella handed her a glass of a warm liquid. "You over did it and I should be mad that you used so much power on something like that but I am also proud that you where able to focus your energy to be able to do.

A small weak smile formed on Caitlyn's face. "I'm sorry Fenella. Is Jasper alright? and Robert?"

"Yes child they are both fine and they are both here, that Jasper of yours did a great job bring you to us."

Cailtyn looked around and found Jasper she smiled at him and mouths a thank you to him.

"I am the hermit, I am going to teach you to control and focus your magic and I hope to teach you how to do it without using up all your energy as you have done."

"Cait you will start training with the Hermit tomorrow morning. You rest for today and enjoy your time on this mountain. I need to get back to the others they can not be without both of us." Fenella told Caitlyn, she smiled down at her and as mysteriously as she appeared; disappeared.

"She makes the most dramtic exits that I know." The hermit said as he smiled at Caitlyn. "She is right we start training tomorrow. You are the only one who can make the Hydra leave Robert and you have some task to complete before you become Sharrafi Kralyissa, but I will explain that tomorrow."

"Thank you hermit, for everything."

"You're welcome child. Today enjoy the day with your friends. Tomorrow you will not see them until you finish training."

NORSEMAN

The Hermit came running inside Yelling "Robert", we have duties too attend too!.

I had no idea of what he meant but by now I'd already learned that these people know things beyond most and I buckled on what equipment that I had left which was my arming dagger and knife.

The old man had me attend him in putting on an ancient suit of armor, he told me that King Arthur himself had given this too him and if I'd submit to be his squire he'd teach me things no swordsman could teach now!, I almost laughed too myself but I respected the old man and he certainally believed in this power, so I readily agreed too assist him as squire and too this he was well pleased.

He then opened an old carved wooden trunk and took from it something that instantly amazed me, it was a sword unlike any I'd seen before and even though it was old it had not a speck of rust or tarnish upon it, "The sword of Merlin himself!" he said proudly!, or rather one of his magic swords that he bestowed upon me!.

I helped the old man strap on the sword and had a chance too see it, the blade as most magical swords was forged from a meteorite which had fallen too Earth long ago and it was of the most beautiful Damascas type steel, its hilt and pommel were of a metal unknown too me they were not steel but gleamed like polished silver and the grip was wrapped in black leather as if it were made just yesterday!, the Hermit saw my curiosity and said "Behold" and raised the sword over his head and struck it against a rock the size of a small dog!, the sword cleaved it in half as though it were a pumpkin! without a scratch too the blade!.

He then said let us be off!, first turning too Jasper come lad!, you are welcome as well and what you see will be the very power of the great Merlin or what was left of it.

I followed his down the mountain and as we ran forward I could see Lord Harringtons men in the forest and I asked how can three men defeat an entire company?, he laughed and said "Just Believe".

As we entered the forest the trees parted for us and made our way too the soldiers without hesitation, it seemed that we were too recieve help from these great beings for as the soldiers made their way through the forest the trees began too move and confuse them so they attacked them trying too hack through by force and in this enchanted forest that was almost a death sentence and the great Oaks swated those soldiers like so many flies upon a wall as the Hermit danced and laughed loudly saying "This is the way thing used too be!".

I watched delighted at the futile attempts of the men against these great giants even though I hated Harringtons men I still felt alittle sorry for the poor beasts!, soon all grew quite and the Hermit said "forward lads!", he drew his sword and rushed into the bloody circle the trees had formed around the soldiers and again laughed and danced around saying "They never had a chance!".

He then told Jasper and myself too gather the weapons and the goods left there by the fallen men and place them upon the horses pack style, the bodies we leave after we'd stripped off what we needed from them, I asked if we should drag them from the trees as soon they would mortify and become hideous and he only said No the trees need the nutrients from them and as soon as were gone they will absorb them!.

This frightened me somewhat and Jasper and I both made haste too finish our task and the trees again parted as we left closing a curtain of wooded growth behind us screening the bodies from our view except for some strange noises they made I'd rather not remember much like the slurping noises made while drinking a good brew!.

We carried the horses too the hermits fenced pasture and the weapons we carried too the cave, where Cait was awake and waiting for us as she watched all from the ledge.

Normally this would have been strange too me but by now the gypsy magic and now what seemed Merlins magic was becoming normal.

SarviaRose

Caitlyn enjoyed her day of rest Jasper, Robert, and she wandered around the woods near the hermit's house. Caitlyn was in awe of all the magic that was around them. In the early afternoon Robert went off on his own as Jasper and Caitlyn headed towards the lake.

"What do you think of this place Jasper?"

"I don't know how to explain it. I feel very much safe and at piece here."

"Me also, but I also feel that I have a lot of learning to do."

"Don't worry about that until tomorrow today just enjoy."

Near dusk the couple headed back to the hermit's home. He already had dinner waiting for them and Fenella was back also. Caitlyn hoped that one day she would learn how to travel that way. The hermit motioned to them to sit and served them a stew which tasted like nothing they had tasted before.

"Cait you best get a lot of rest tonight you start training tomorrow. Fenella will train you in the morning and in the afternoon we will see if it is my turn or not yet."

Caitlyn went to bed early that night and Jasper joined her, neither of them very sure about what the next day was going to bring. In the early morning Fenella came and woke Caitlyn up. Caitlyn gave Jasper a kiss as she got out of the bed. The two women headed toward what looked like a library to Caitlyn but again did not.

"Caitlyn you will need to understand your past before you can see your future. Here in this place your history. Start looking through the books you won't have to read them but you will know what each one hold."

Caitlyn looked at Fenella like she was crazy. How could she learn from books without reading?

Fenella laughed at the face Caitlyn made "I assure you child you will see shortly. Now get started."

Caitlyn looked through the books and finally picked one up it looked to be the oldest one in the collection. She felt a spark go through her as she read the first page and as it happened in the dreams a women showed up but this time she looked like a carbon copy of Caitlyn.

"You have finally come. I am Aoibheann and I was the first Sharrafi Kralyissa. I do not envy you and I wish very much that the power the Sharrafi Kralyissa holds was not needed. It is not an easy burden to bear. Relax young Caitlyn and I will show you my story."

After Aoibheann finished Caitlyn turned to Fenella. She was smiling at her and directed her to the next book.

Caitlyn felt very tired by the time she had opened the last book but this person she remember from her dreams and recalled that her name was Shona and she looked about the exact opposite of Caitlyn herself. Caitlyn closed the last book and smiled at Fenella.

"So that is my past."

NORSEMAN

The old Hermit was very excited over the battle we almost had but didn't participate in he loved the booty we'd taken from the fallen and looking at the weapons he said it reminded him of another time long long ago, he thanked me for my making him feel as though he were more than just an old man but I couldn't help repecting such a hero as he and the things he'd done and seen within his lifetime.

I was very sad when he said his tasks here were almost done and as soon as Cait had completed her tests he was released from his vow too protect the key and would pass on too his rewards.

It was then that I opened up one of the bags we'd taken and found several bottles, this brought a smile too his wrinkled old face and I handed him the first drink too take, he drew it in and savored the mellow brew finally swallowing it and then saying it had been two hundred years since last he'd taken a drink so I urged him too keep the bottle and finish it, I took another and drank then handed it too Jasper.

The Hermit yelled "A party thats what we need!" and rushed inside the cave and down a side path returning soon heavily laden with jars and a large smoked turkey he slid unto the spit too warm while we drank more from the bottles and waited for our large bird too roast and for Cait too finish her lessons from Fennella.

SarviaRose

Caitlyn watched as Jasper, Robert, and the Hermit returned. She smiled at her friends and was glad that they where coming, Fenella true to her nature returned to the gypsy camp. They where at the winter camp her family was healthy and Johnny was now in charge of training the men. Jenny missed Robert, Caitlyn reminded herself to tell Robert this.

She stirred the pot on the fire the men would have a new hot stew to come back to. Caitlyn had learned from her past lives how to control her power of fire and had an easy time of making a fire to cook dinner. Fenella had brought Caitlyn some fabric to make some clothes for her self since most women and men's clothes where not going to work for her. Caitlyn was still worried about what was to come next she knew all to soon the hermit was going to start training her.

"Cait, it is good to see you." Jasper yelled and wrapped his arms around her twirlling her in the air.

"You are in a good mood Jasper."

"Yes I am. I have learned a lot today. The hermit is a good teacher."

"I know he is, I'm just worried about when it is my turn." Caitlyn said to Jasper in a whisper and hugged him close to her.

"Cait, you don't need to worry about training with him. The time to worry is after the training is finished."

Caitlyn hit Jasper and he fell to the ground.

"That isn't exactly comforting."

Jasper let out a laugh and so did Robert and the Hermit who where watching them.

"You have gotten stronger Cait." Robert said with a smile.

"I have had good teachers. Now come on supper is ready and Fenella will be back later. She said she needed to talk with you Hermit"

"I figured as much. I see just from looking at you that you have read the books and now know your past. Knowing the past is the key to your future, young one."

The friends ate in silence all tired for their day's activities. Caitlyn took Jasper's hand when the meal was over and the couple took a walk together so they could be alone for awhile.

"You know what is coming next don't you Jasper?"

"Yes, I do Cait, but you already know I can't tell you. As much as I want to tell and believe me I want to tell. I am so freighted that you will not make it through this. However I do have faith in you and the hope that you will over rides that fear"

Caitlyn looked at Jasper and took his head in her hands and kissed him. "I am glad you have faith in me. I would be lying if I told you I wasn't scared."

NORSEMAN

Cait was busy off and on training with the old Hermit, she was doing things that I had only heard of in legends and it was during one of these sessions that I called too Jasper too come with me and we saddled two of the horses we had brought in.

I told Jasper we should bridle the rest of the animals and lead them all so if someone came across our tracks they'd believe we were many more than two!.

We patrolled the woods around and at the base of the mountain of fire when my attention was distracted by the mafic oaks of the forest, they seemed too moan "This way!, this way!" and moved too create a lane through them and we followed them as they parted before us.

They led us back around through the forest and up too a small pass between the cragy peaks and bid us in they're half moanfull voice "Go".

We made our way through the pass and down the other side realizing that we had gone far past the mountain where the hermit lives, our horses were hot and thirsty so we rode down toward a clear stream of snow melt from the high peaks above and there we saw too our horror "Tracks!", they're were the tracks of many horses and they stopped and watered just where we were.

I noticed something glimmering in the clear water and got off my horse too go check it out I found it too be some saddle decoration of solid silver with a beautiful scroll around it and a "H" engraved upon it!.

This troubled me greatly for I felt that the "H" stood for Harrington, and being solid silver it must've been Lord Harrington himself!, I dropped this into my pouch and Jasper and I remounted our horses and followed the tracks for several miles.

Finally we seemed to be nearing a small farming community but the smell of wood smoke was strong and smoke held low against the ground like fog, we rode cautiously toward what was the center of this village and found the people dead, hacked to pieces in some cases.

Only a vile beast would act this way too helpless peasant farmers I told Jasper!, a truly vile beast and not a man!.

It was then we saw a body moving and noticed it too have been different from the others, it was a nearly dead soldier, he was wounded then stripped of his armor, weapons, money and horse and then left him too die!.

I got down as the poor wretch looked up and asked for water, Jasper grabbed a canteen and I held the wretches head up and asked what had happened?.

He only spewed fourth vulgarities about Harrington and his men for leaving him there too die, I asked him if it was Harrington who did this to which he answered "yes", I asked him what would make him do such a vile cowardly act of murdering these innocent farmers?.

He replied Harrington is crazy, he does this too all villages!, they are given a choice they can provide food, weapons, money, horses, women for the soldiers or men to become soldiers.

If they refuse or balk he'll burn the village and slaughter everyone, like he did here.

I asked where is he going?, he said one of the farmers told him of a tale of an old Hermit who lived upon the mountain and that he could see all things but he said the only way he knew too get there was from behind the mountain and that the road was blocked by a rockslide, it will take him a couple days too clear it!.

He coughed a couple times and gasped dying before us, I just left the dead monster there for if lord Harrington was trying too get up the backside of the mountain we had better hurry back Cait and the Hermit must be told!.

NORSEMAN

The old Hermit stood before Caitlyn smiling and admiring her one last time, he said too her now Caitlyn you've learned all I can teach you here on this mountain there is but one last thing I can do for you, then you must find the hole in the back of my cave.

Cait interupted, "I've been all through out this cave there isn't a hole!".

The old man only smiled more and said "Yes young one there is a hole!, and it leads down several rocky steps too the room of crystal".
There your image will be reflected as it truly is!, if there be evil in you my dear it will destroy you like a large cat destroys its prey or if it be good it will open the door for you too cross the bridge of Judgement.

There your deeds are weighed by this bridge which rests on neither side but balances on a single pillar above the abyss, only someone whose heart is pure and full of light can cross for it your heart is evil it shall tilt and drop you forever into its black depths.

If you can cross there is a ledge with the most beautifull pillar of pure unblemished crystal, you must gaze into it so it may see into you and only the just can survive this for if your anything else it will draw your essence into it and then if it approves you it shall offer up a key.

This key like the one before is a puzzle you must open and once you open it then you are the "Sharrafi Kralyissa" for the rest of your existance.

Cait stood there almost dumbfounded and the old man motioned for her too follow, he walked too the cave entrance and out upon the ledge, he looked far off into the distance then smiled and said "its been a good life!", he looked toward Cait and said "Are you ready too recieve my power?".

She slowly noded her head yes and the old man raised his arms pointing toward her and lightening like bolts spewed fourth into her, the more that was absorbed the more transparent he became until he was like a line drawing.

He then said too her "Now you have my power and yours!, go find the hole and become Sharrafi Kralyissa , then he faded away saying you can call upon me in times of crisis and I can advise you then he disappeared!.

SarviaRose

Caitlyn looked at the hermit in dismay, she did not feel anywhere near ready to be able to go this task. She could hear Jasper and Robert returning from their rounds around the Hermit's cave but she knew if she waited to talk to them she would only be stalling. With a since of urgency she wrote went to the back of the cave and to her not so much surprise there was a hole but it looked more like a doorway. It looked like it had been created by magic, Caitlyn shook her head of course it was magic this whole place was magic.

Without farther hesitation Caitlyn strapped her sword and dagger to herself. She heard Jasper call out to her she just turned gave a weak smile and entered the hole. She felt the hole close behind her and Jasper yell.

Caitlyn looked around everything looked so strange everything was crystal but there where trees and grass. Caitlyn took a deep breathe and started heading the direction the path was taking her.

"I wonder where this path leads and how long I will be here" Caitlyn said to herself she hadn't seen an animal let alone a person.

She was glad to see that night was coming it felt like she had been walking forever. She found a place to sleep just off the path and created a small fire. The hermit had packed her food which she now ate it was just plain bread and some chesse but it was all she needed. Caitlyn laid down on her blanket and said a spell on the fire so it would last another hour. She was in a deep sleep when she felt something touching her shoulder.

"Wake child, it is good to see you again."

Caitlyn looked up to see the glow of Shona and for the first time in this place some animals.

"Shona how? I don't understand."

"You didn't think you would be completely alone did you? Aoibheann will be along later. Your task is too dangerous to face alone. We cannot help you fight but we can keep you company. Besides you already have our skills in you."

"Did Fenella know you would meet me here?"

"She did but was sworn not tell for if she did we would have to go back to the after world. Just as you I thought I would have to wander this crystal place alone looking for the bridge. The task may seem simple enough but on our way to the bridge there will be things and people who did not wish to see you succeed."

"Friends are always welcome and I think I understand. Since you and Aoibheann are no longer living and can not aide me you are allowed to accompany me."

"Yes exactly. We can not help you but we can keep you company. Now got back to sleep Caitlyn."

Caitlyn feel right back to sleep as if the visit from Shona was part of her dreams. However in the morning when she woke Shona and Aoibheann where waiting for her.

"It is good to see you again Cait. It is surprising how much we look alike." Aoibheann smiled at Caitlyn.

Caitlyn took out some of her bread and eat a little. She than packed up her things and headed back towords the path. The former Sharrafi Kralyissa followed her without word. Around midday they came across two heavly armed men, Caitlyn was trying to not looked surprised.

"You can not go farther Marynia had ordered it."

Caitlyn remembered from her talks with Fenella and the Hermit that Marynia was an evil witch who would like nothing more than to have the powers that Caitlyn has and will get after this task.

"Marynia has no control over me." Caitlyn said with her hand headed towards her sword.

"We have our orders. She said we could go home once we defeat you. We don't like it here"

"I can send you home when my task here has been completed. There is no reason for us to fight."

"She said you would try this."

The man closest to her ran at her, Caitlyn pulled her sword at and got him across the leg sending him to the ground. His companion just stood there staring at her.

"I tell you again, I can send you home."

"You lie."

He came at her again with fury in his eyes. Caitlyn prepared herself as she felt his sword clash with his, she kick at him hitting him in his already wounded leg.

"You don't have to risk your life."

The man just got up and came at her again. Caitlyn swung her sword this time getting him across his right arm. "Please I don't want to kill you." Caitlyn pleaded with the man, as he got up and lunged at her again. However this time he fell a foot from her. Caitlyn looked up to see the other man's sword in his back.

The man pulled his sword free and spoke. "I was taken in by Gorgio when I was younger but I never forgot my gypsy life. I know what you are and I believe you will keep your word and you will take me back with you when you leave here. And if it is not to much trouble to you gypsy's."

"Yes, I can do that. What am I to call you?"

"You can call me Stefan."

"Nice you meet you, I am Caitlyn and my friends are Shona and Aoibheann."

Caitlyn could see Shona and Aoibheann smiling at her.

NORSEMAN

We arrived back in time too see Cait disappear through the back of the cave!, normally this would have bothered me but now little does!.

I wondered where the old Hermit went and for some strange reason I seemed to know that he was gone, his presence was no longer there it was as if he'd never been there but it was just a feeling and I knew nothing of any consequences.

I told Jasper this may take awhile so let us go into the forest and kill some game and find what food we can, let us also take all the water containers and fill them so when Cait returns we'll be ready too leave this place its really beginning to make me feel as though doom itself were hanging in the air but soon we were down in the forest and the chirping of birds and the forest itself seemed almost too improve this dark mood that had befallen me.

We returned too where I'd left my own horse when I first got there and soon had him loaded down with venison, boar and other game, as we headed back we filled all the water containers in the stream and field dressed all the meat and as soon as we get back we'll begin drying it for storage.

It was on this last trip up the mountain that the Old Hermit appeared before us, we weren't afraid of him even though he materialized from thin air, he didn't stay long but thanked us for our help and our friendship too him and too me for acting as squire for the old knight then he told us of a last gift he had for us.

He said on the trail back too the cave watch for some thick bushes in a steep curve on the trail that appears too drop off to nothing behind the bushes but in fact there is a foot path and it leads around too a small cave he'd found during his stay there and he said firstly my noble squire I leave you the sword of Merlin!, it has its own power and will serve you well!, next for all of you I had accumulated some great wealth here over the years searching the mountains I found gold, silver, gems plus the blongings of those who had tried too obtain the key over the years.
All these things you should take and share equally with Cait, but before I leave I give you one last warning.

There is danger coming this way from behind the mountain, the one Cait seeks is nearing you with a group of men, beware them!, I've already seen a battle that you'd fought with them and both of you loose your lives!.
Tell this too Cait now she has the full powers she will know what too do!, you have three days until they arrive make your choices well my sons for there is the magic of the witch he is associated with assisting him and you need too have Cait break her spell over you Robert before see uses you against all! now farewell my friends.

The old man dissapeared as quickly as he come leaving both of us nearly speechless but we followed his instructions and found the cave, I took up the sword of Merlin and could feel its power like a raging stallion waiting too run it was a magnificant sword and I thrust it into my belt then helped Jasper remove the ten bags filled with treasure of all kinds.

In the corner there on a ledge was a book, a book covered in what looked like skin and written in blood!, it was in a language I did not understand but I carefully saved it for Cait as she should know its use.

We returned too the hermits cave and began our process of drying the meat and waiting for Cait too reappear from through the solid rock.

NORSEMAN

The next morning Cait still had not reappeared through the rock but after all I had seen I knew she would when she was ready.

All the meat was sliced and drying in strips above a smokey fire we'd made and spent most of the night working on them, poor Jasper laid down and went right too sleep but I had things on my mind plus I wanted too get an early patrol around the mountain just in case Harrington managed too get up to us earlier than expected.

I saddled my horse and proceeded to take the shallow passes around through the less craggy part of the rock when I heard the most extrodinary noise I admit I was no mountaineer by any means and had no idea what was going too happen.

I inched forward slowly thinking something was being done across the valley no doubt some infernal machine of war belonging to Harrington but too my surprise I found the sky too be an icy blue color and the loud thundering noise was just that "thunder!".

I soon found myself in a deludge of frozen ice pellets falling from the icy clouds above this raised my spirits somewhat for I thought this weather would not only stop me but Harrington and his men from advancing as well.

Soon there was a stiff wind blowing through the pass and the ice turned back to rain and froze upon the rock face, by the time I reached the cave most of the area was covered in a thin deadly slick sheet of ice.

I took the horses into the cave too stay warm if that was what you'd call it inside!, I didn't know when Cait would return but it couldn't be soon enough for me I'm completely ready too leave here!.

SarviaRose

Caitlyn, Stefan, Shona and Aoibheann continued to follow that path that was leading to what seemed to no where. When it became to dark to continue they set up camp for the night.

Stefan was in awe at Shona and Aoibheann he did not know what they where and thought for the longest time that Aoibheann was Caitlyn's twin. Caitlyn laughed at this and explained that she did have a twin but Aoibheann was not her. Caitlyn wasn't sure how much she should tell him about the them and her task to become the Sharrafi Kralyissa.

When Stefan was asleep Shona and Aoibheann told Caitlyn that they where very close and she should leave as early in the morning as she could. The former Sharrafi Kralyissa promised to watch after Stefan until her return. So just as the run was rising Caitlyn woke up and headed out on her own,  Shona and Aoibheann each gave her a hug and told her they believed in her and they would see her soon.

It was still early morning when Caitlyn when found the stairs they seemed to lead to a wall, she knew her task was about to being. Caitlyn took in a deep breathe and stepped forward. As the hermit had said she was now in a crystal room. Caitlyn looked around and could see herself reflected in the walls of the room she knew it was her but it still looked like someone else; someone that Caitlyn wished she was. The person in the walls looked stronger and confident. Just as she was getting use to the image a door opened.

She stepped forward on to the bridge, it rocked back and forth for awhile and than steadied itself. Caitlyn was still nervous and continued to cross the bridge. The pillar was now in front of her, she stared into it. To Caitlyn it felt like lighting was entering her body. After what seemed like ages the sensation stopped. Caitlyn closed her eyes and when she opened them the pillar had opened.

Caitlyn could see the key and carefully reached for it. As soon as her hands wrapped around the key Caitlyn felt another sensation as the full powers and knowledge of Sharrafi Kralyissa entered her. Caitlyn also felt the key become part of her as if her body absorbed it. After looking around Caitlyn turned to head out of the place only to find she was back at the camp. Shona and Aoibheann where smiling widely as she stepped toward them.

"You've done it, I am so proud." Aoibheann told her.

"As am I."

"We must go now but remember we are always with you. You are now Sharrafi Kralyissa."

They each gave Caitlyn a hug and disappeared. Caitlyn waited for Stefan to wake, she would keep her promise to him and return him to the world outside the crystal mountain.

"Cait?"

"Yes, Stefan."

"You look different somehow, more like yourself."

Caitlyn only smiled and told him to start packing up they where going to return. It didn't take very long for Caitlyn to get her things packed up and she started to wonder what was taking Stefan so long to pack up his own thing.

"Stefan, do you need any help?"

"No, I only need you dead."

Caitlyn looked up at him fear feeling her. Stefan pulled out his sword and looked at her with pure fury in his eyes.

"Marynia said it would not be easy to kill you but I think she was wrong."

"Stefan why are you doing this?"

"I have been promised riches and power.  I never believed that Sharrafi Kralyissa nonsense my parents talked about. You are only a female, you couldn't kill the other man. I did that for you."

"You underestimate me Stefan." Caitlyn reached deep inside her and pulled at the crystal underneath Stefan pulling him into the ground.

"What are you doing to me witch."

"I am leaving you here. When I am safely out of this place, it will release you. You are to wander this place until you are old and gray. Always alone, always hungry, and always waiting for the end."

Stefan could only stare at Caitlyn as she put the curse on him. He tried to struggle but found the more he struggled the more the ground seemed to have a hold on him. He could see that Caitlyn was crying as she spoke these words.

"I would have sent you home, Stefan." With that Caitlyn turned and walked through a hole that magically appeared. Stefan could only stare as the hole vanished before him.

Jasper and Robert both turned when they heard steps behind them.