News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What you love about this fest....

Started by LAVAGODDESSSS, September 03, 2010, 09:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAVAGODDESSSS

We have been looking at going beyond our Michigan Ren fest, and we are attending the Mid-MI one in Frankenmuth. We have looked at this one but aren't sure what the 'draws' are.

Beyond the fact they are a Ren fest, I thought I'd ask here what do you think is the 'best' part of the fest are? Is it worth the 3 hour drive for us?

I don't know why fests insist on being during the hot months! AH!
Beauty is found in those who take the time to build you up.

Poldugarian Warrior

It's fairly small, there may be a craftsman/woman there that has a unique piece, but there are only a few shows, and one food tent, but then again that was 2 years ago, it could be bigger and better now. Just like Mayfaire was small a few years back and it got better. So I say if you got nothing better to do on a weekend take the drive. Frankenmuth is just a few miles away from that fest, if you run out of stuff to do at the faire.

Cateyes

Silverleaf is a decent size ren faire.  Bigger then Mayfaire but not nearly as big as MRF.  There are plenty of shows and you will not be bored.  Check out their website if you want any questions.  It takes an entire weekend to see all the shows and shops.  I usually see all the shops and only have time for one or two shows when I go once a year.  I like the fact that there are trees and the shops are well done even though they are only tents.  The shows are really good and my favorite part of Silverleaf is the Rogue Blades and Ric Roc show.  Can't go wrong there :)

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

I think this got moved wrong... the poster was asking what made silverleaf a good faire, not mid michigan...

Village Idiots - Kevin

Agreed, although the wording made it a bit confusing and I believe it got off topic.
Kevin Starnes
Artistic Director
The Village Idiots
http://www.rennieidiots.com

LAVAGODDESSSS

Yes, this got moved to the WRONG forum. I had this in the right one. Can you move it back please?

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman is right, I was asking what made silverleaf a good faire, not mid-michigan.
Beauty is found in those who take the time to build you up.

Village Idiots - Kevin

For me, the draw of any renaissance faire is the amount of entertainment you're getting for the cost. Silver Leaf has many top national acts, such as The Rogues, Pirate Shantyman and his Bonnie Lass, The Tortuga Twins, The Village Idiots (cheap plug, but we rock at life. Seriously, we do...I'll bribe anyone that says otherwise). Wine and Alchemy is a HUGE draw nationally, and Bocca Musica is hysterical (way more geared to adults). Honestly, all of the acts are top notch...Knights of Iron is even putting on the Joust this year, and I am VERY anxious to see what Dale has in store for us with that.
Kevin Starnes
Artistic Director
The Village Idiots
http://www.rennieidiots.com

flidais

Quote from: LAVAGODDESSSS on September 03, 2010, 09:32:42 AM
We have been looking at going beyond our Michigan Ren fest, and we are attending the Mid-MI one in Frankenmuth. We have looked at this one but aren't sure what the 'draws' are.

Beyond the fact they are a Ren fest, I thought I'd ask here what do you think is the 'best' part of the fest are? Is it worth the 3 hour drive for us?

I don't know why fests insist on being during the hot months! AH!

I am sorry....I was confused.  Looked like you were talking about MMRF to me.