News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I need a Faire Name!!

Started by Valeria Skyye, August 21, 2010, 10:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valeria Skyye

I have thought and thought and thought and I cannot find a name that I like so I was thinking you Sirs and Ladies could help me out..so lets play..whoever comes up with the name I decide to use, I will buy you a beverage of your choosing at faire either Opening or AHE weekend. The the game begin

BTW to give you an idea of the garbs I wear, I have  barbarian garb and I have a basic  velvet and lace court dress from Fair Paire..the barbarian outfit can be seen on my facebook page and the other can be seen at faire pair website under the dresses..mine looks like the one all the way at the bottom..red but with black lace sleeves with red roses.

Forgot to add my facebook link.DUH!!!   http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000264687474
Co-founder and member of Clan Dragonass
Member Clan McLotofus

Breandan

Don't feel too bad, I don't have a faire name and I've been out there for eleven plus years :D

then again, does "MEDIC!" count? ;)
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

JackGonzo, MD

I neither have one either, but I think Broadside is appropriate...for obvious reasons.

But Angela, without meeting you I bud thee...Valhalla.
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Zaubon

Quote from: JackGonzo on August 21, 2010, 11:29:03 PM
I neither have one either, but I think Broadside is appropriate...for obvious reasons.

But Angela, without meeting you I bud thee...Valhalla.
Broadside may not be willing to share.

crashbot

Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices. - Voltaire

Bonny Pearl

Oh Angie, I'm sure we can come up with something....especially while at camp lol.  We tend to get a bit creative when the drinks are flowing lol!  :D  :P
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Rosamundi

Hi, Angie! You might be inspired by this thread on character names:

http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=8626.0

Or think about things you love . . . fr'instance, my faire name is drawn from a Yeats poem. :-)
Garb: lovingly hand-washed, gently pressed, and hung in climate-controlled closet. Mundane clothing: usually on floor.

Lumpy

Based on your garb and without meeting you I'd at first say 'Valeria'.
Faire names can be a blessing and a curse because they do tend to stick and they are not always of ones choosing. I'd say go for something a tad on the uncommon side and try to limit yourself to one or two syllables. Generally you want your name to be easy for someone to remember and easier for them to call you by. It's not the easiest thing to shout "Sir Michael of York" or "nightcrawler" across a crowded pub and have the person you are calling to, actually turn and look.
Founder, MDRF Friends of Faire
Dread Pirate Lumpy
Lump'n M'Crack

DonaCatalina

I think Valeria fits. Its also easy to say and spell.
Whatever you end up picking, you probably needs to use as your board name too or half the people here will only remember your profile name.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Lumpy on August 22, 2010, 11:59:30 PM
Based on your garb and without meeting you I'd at first say 'Valeria'.
Faire names can be a blessing and a curse because they do tend to stick and they are not always of ones choosing.
Tell me about it.
  I dubbed a guy who showed up his first season at faire 'The Himbo'.  I'm sure he had a more masculine handle before that.  He never complained, but I still feel guilty.  Nice guy.
    In my own defense, it was startled  out of me...Visualize a well tanned gym-toned chest...sounds good till you add the purple and hot pink striped tights, gold lame sash and pinkish red head scarf, more jewelry than a court lady and more makeup than me.
   He was later adopted into a pirate group, who thankfully convinced him to tone down the look ;D And yes, he is hetro.
  Valeria is perfect, Angie.  I just saw the first Conan movie again for the umpteenth time, and I love that silver Valkyrie look that Valeria was doing when she returned from the grave to save his butt.

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Valeria Skyye

Valeria...I like it. I think I will put that at the top of the list. How about Valeria Skyye?? What do yall think?
Member Clan McLotofus

JackGonzo, MD

I guess then the question is, do you want to live forever?
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Valeria Skyye

Member Clan McLotofus

Valeria Skyye

So here I am making it official. From this moment forward I shall be known as Valeria Skyye. Thank you all for your suggestions.
Member Clan McLotofus

KiltedPrivateer

Outstanding choice - Three cheers for Valeria Skyye (o:
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara