News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What book are you currently reading?

Started by Valiss, September 13, 2010, 01:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Mercedes

Quote from: Becky10 on October 08, 2010, 04:42:31 PM
I finished Fool by Christopher Moore, it was pretty good not as good as Lamb. Hes my favorite author, if ever in need of a chuckle pick up one of his books.
I've head Lamb is very good...read part of You Suck being the vampire lover I am lol. I think I'll try & read the rest of it & the other two as well.
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Merlin the Elder

Lamb is probably the funniest book that I've ever read. I would wake Nim up a night because I couldn't stifle my laughter! I would caution fundamentalist Christians away from it, though. I doubt that you would like it.

Currently reading James Rollins' Sandstorm.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

DonaCatalina

I am going to try to start Empire by Steven Saylor today. A little historical fiction for light reading.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

SirRichardBear

started reading the The Malloreon series by Eddings openning weekend at TRF seems to have put me in a fantasy mood.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Just finished Gladiatrix about the female gladiators of Rome. Started The White mare about Alba aka Scotland during the Roman invasion.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

ravic

The Fort by Bernard Cornwell

I think I've read just about everything by Cornwell. Very impatiently waiting on the next Sharpe novel.

Taffy Saltwater

Just re-read Gil's All Fright Diner - about friends Earl (vampire) and Duke (werewolf) and their battle to save Gil's Diner from zombies and the world from the Old Ones.  This is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

I'm still slogging through Wolf Hall.  At some point I may have to put it aside as I have never been able to get into it.
Sveethot!

Valiss

Quote from: Taffy Saltwater on October 18, 2010, 09:44:04 AM
Just re-read Gil's All Fright Diner - about friends Earl (vampire) and Duke (werewolf) and their battle to save Gil's Diner from zombies and the world from the Old Ones. This is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

I'm still slogging through Wolf Hall. At some point I may have to put it aside as I have never been able to get into it.

That Gil book actually sounds pretty interesting. Did you like it? Would you suggest it?

Taffy Saltwater

Quote from: Valiss on October 21, 2010, 10:50:33 AM
Quote from: Taffy Saltwater on October 18, 2010, 09:44:04 AM
Just re-read Gil's All Fright Diner - about friends Earl (vampire) and Duke (werewolf) and their battle to save Gil's Diner from zombies and the world from the Old Ones. This is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

I'm still slogging through Wolf Hall. At some point I may have to put it aside as I have never been able to get into it.

That Gil book actually sounds pretty interesting. Did you like it? Would you suggest it?

Oh, highly recommended!  I heard about it at FenCon in Dallas at a couple of boards by a couple of moderators and picked it up on Saturday morning, brought it back to my room, and read it that night in one sitting.   I really enjoyed it and will probably look into getting more of the author's books after the holidays.

If you're interested, here's the Amazon reviews (there will be spoilers, obviously):  http://www.amazon.com/Gils-All-Fright-Diner-Martinez/dp/0765350017/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287705753&sr=8-1
Sveethot!

Aiacha

Currently about a 1/4 into Cursor's Fury, the third book in the Codex Alera series, but that may be put aside for the short story "Aftermath" in the new Jim Butcher Side Jobs.

Malcolm

The Big Necessity, The Unmentionable World of Human Waste and Why It Matters, by Rose George.

Not something most people would want to sink their teeth into.
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

Tipsy Gypsy

During faire, I'm doing well to keep up with the newspaper. Noting much good in it except the comics, anyway. After faire, I think it's time to crack open Ayn Rand's "Anthem".
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

DonaCatalina

I just ordered Murder of a Medici Princess. I'll let you know if it is a good read.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Christina de Pond

just started finding Noel just about to drag the lord of the rings trillagy to work
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Taffy Saltwater

I'm now dead center in the middle of Keith Richard's Life.   Some parts made me laugh, some made me sob.
Sveethot!