News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Announcement...

Started by peggyelizabeth, June 05, 2008, 02:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Doune

Question Peggy?

Private privys?

Kiss-me-Kate

Peggy,
how does one become a friend of fest?  Or are we not that far in planning?  Is there a fee?
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Marietta Graziella

I *love* the idea of private privy's!  Hell I'd pay extra just for that!  Ones that are actually cleaned out regularly.

Last year, opening day, 8:30am.  I went to use the loo in the parking lot and it was already half full!  WTH??  They deliver them pre-used?!?
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

groomporter

I don't remember if it was last year or the year before, but to try to reduce rental/cleaning costs the management tried something different, they opened the show with fewer privies on site thinking they would add more later in the run when the attendance is higher, but it just meant there weren't enough privies on site and they were literally filling up.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

peggyelizabeth

we're working on the private privy, but due to the location, we may not be able to offer it.  i agree that there's nothing more gross than a nasty privy!

I'm hoping to get our website with membership info up this week, but it's already Thursday and the days are slipping away from me! To start, membership fees will be by check or cash, and we're planning on adding PayPal shortly. I will post a link to the site as soon as I have it up.

question regarding that, would you guys prefer to see a pdf or a word doc for the form? I could do either or both.

divapixie

What about those of us that visit fest for one weekend a year due to our long distance living quarters?  I mean, the minion and I drive up for one weekend every year and this sounds too good to pass up.  Any ideas?
"I have the heart of a child... in a jar on my desk."

peggyelizabeth

for those who visit only once a season, we're thinking of doing a 1 weekend pass. you wouldn't get some of the perks, but it would allow for hanging in the Glade (we named it yesterday) and the benefits that affords.

Marietta Graziella

They must've gotten a discount because they were "used".  :o

Quote from: Mad Jack Wolfe on June 26, 2008, 08:00:08 AM
Quote from: Marietta Graziella on June 25, 2008, 11:32:40 PM
Last year, opening day, 8:30am.  I went to use the loo in the parking lot and it was already half full!  WTH??  They deliver them pre-used?!?

My monitor thanks you for the coffee bath.  ;)
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

peggyelizabeth

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on June 26, 2008, 05:20:22 PM
They must've gotten a discount because they were "used".  :o

yuck!

MissBubu

I wonder if MAF would ever let you use the area behind the King's Dungeon. There would be access for Biff's to bring in and maintain a privy and the back exit can be locked.

edited because I'm a crappy typist. :)

peggyelizabeth

they have other plans for that area, and it's a bit too far off the beaten track for us.  we explored many options, including deferring until 2009, before settling on the location.

renren

Quote from: peggyelizabeth on June 26, 2008, 04:17:12 PM
for those who visit only once a season, we're thinking of doing a 1 weekend pass. you wouldn't get some of the perks, but it would allow for hanging in the Glade (we named it yesterday) and the benefits that affords.
Yay!
Thank you!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL