News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Where do you want to go next year?

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, October 03, 2010, 08:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

I really, really want to make Sherwood in 2011.

I'd like to go to Muskogee for 1 weekend in April, but if it conflicts with Scarby getting his lordship to go might be an uphill battle.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

angusmacinnes

2011 Sherwood will be added to the agenda.

Scotland is on the list too. ;D
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Mairte

I havent decided but want to make it to as many faires as possible because of having missed out on so much this year!(With my local faire)

Lady Rebecca

So it very well may turn out that I get to visit a couple more faires. I'm moving (probably from FL back to home in CA) in April, and I think I might get to visit Scarby and/or Four Winds, as well as the Southern CA Pleasure Faire on the way there.

Ronald the Bald

I am going to Florence in January. Not a faire, but very real renaissance. Good way to start out the year. As far as faires my plans include for 2011:

Sherwood - one weekend
Four Winds - one weekend
Norman?
Scarby - every day it is open
Middlefaire - one weekend
Pirate Days at the Colony- one weekend
TRF - at least one weekend

There may be others depending on where I go for summer vacation.

Craigmeister

Four Winds
Norman
Spirit Of Magic
Great Bend
OK Celtic Fest
CoRF
MoRF
Cherokee Strip
King's Champion
Great Plains
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

kcdcchef

I havent been to NYRF in about 8 years, so I would love to go back there next season ( finally ) and perhaps the Ohio Renn Faire since it is so close for me ( 3 hours ) and I have never been.

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

KHRF and ORF are my usual. But the goal is to make TNRF, Fisher's, and St. Louis in addition.
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

Merlin the Elder

I don't think we'll ever miss at least one trip to Scarby each year, so the list is:
Scarby (fer shure, dude!),
OkRF at Muskogee (good chance, closest faire: only 4 hour trip each way),
CoRF for RenDezvous (I hope, I hope, I hope!)
NYRF (son is in Brooklyn...he wants us to do this one with him)
Everything is so far away, and we have limited time off!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Aiacha

Will be hitting Colorado, but I'd like to visit Maryland again, except this time I'll avoid the oyster shooters ;-)

Pharmar Greybeard & Maria

We made PARF, NCRF, and NYRF last year. Returned to NCRF and NYRF this year. Home is CRF. Dream list includes Colorado, Maryland, and Sterling plus a dozen more when I retire and have more time.

Celtic Lady

We'd love to go to Colorado, Minnesota... we were there in '07 but didn't see much of it due to all the rain, MiRF as usual, and our home faire, Des Moines.

kilteddispatcher

Any faire other than NorCal... it's been my only for 15 years, and my kids are finally old enough that a longer drive for a day or two of revelry is doable... not to mention that I finally have a job where I get paid days off, so I can afford to play hooky for a weekend and have a little fun... I hope to make it to most of the Northern/Central Cal faires next year, although the majority of them are small, single-weekend affairs... In a perfect world, I'd like to attend Valhalla or SoCal

Bob of the Lake

My home faire is NYRF. I'm going to try to get to PARF and MDRF next year. Sterling is also on my list but it's a long shot.
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

kcdcchef

Quote from: Bob of the Lake on October 19, 2010, 07:17:32 AM
My home faire is NYRF. I'm going to try to get to PARF and MDRF next year. Sterling is also on my list but it's a long shot.
I regrettably missed PARF this year after not missing for several years, but I highly reccomend it. MDRF is also exceptional.