News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Four Kingdoms Renaissance & Pyrate Faire 2010

Started by Rowan MacD, October 04, 2010, 09:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

http://www.fourkingdoms.com/

October 9-10, 2010 - 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
(Sunday service/Vow renewal ceremonty @ 10 a.m.)
Camelot KOA Campgrounds
2311 78th Avenue West
Rock Island, Illinois

My Laird and I will try to make this one this year.  Anyone else?
Forecast as of 10/04 is for sunny skies and high 70's both days.   Come and get that last taste of summer!
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady Renee Buchanan

I plan to go on Saturday with my friend, Richard, as Steve has to work.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Renee Buchanan

Went to this faire today, and it was super hot.  86 degrees.  No shade & sunny.  They moved the faire from the front of the campground by the road to the far back of the campground.  However, driving through barely cut grass was not fun, nor was walking through it to get to the front entrance.

The workers were all very nice, helpful, and we did enjoy ourselves.  However, there was no shade anywhere, and with the sun beating down on your head, it was sweltering.  There wasn't one seat out of the sun, especially if the heat was starting to get to you.  I started feeling like I was going to pass out, so after watching the musical group, Trinket, my friend Richard & I left the faire, went to the HyVee supermarket about a mile away, and sat in their restaurant for over an hour in the air conditioning, having Chinese food for lunch.

We went back to the faire to catch Trinkets' next show, and spoke with them for about a half hour after the show and then left.  So, I drove 4 hours round-trip to see 2 half hour sets of the one musical group that was there.  Guess we are dedicated fans!
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Rowan MacD

This was our first time at this fair, the people were nice and everybody put out the max effort to make it fun, though I agree that the long cut grass in the fields was not fun to drive across, especially in a car.   I think we found every rut and hole out there since we couldn't see them.
  We traveled 10 hours round trip from Omaha, but David and I could only stay 2 1/2 hours. With no shade except at the entrance, it was just not safe to remain in the heavy clothes we were wearing.  David was feeling dizzy, so I dosed us with a couple of cups of Pirate punch and we had to go. 
   I guess the temps topped out in the high 80's-low 90's.  It is October, correct?

IWG wench #3139 

Lady Renee Buchanan

Rowen, I know what you mean about the heat.  I passed out at Scarby from the heat, and Bristol this summer was a killer, and I started to feel shaky on Saturday, which is why we left for a while.  I was the driver, so I couldn't afford to pass out from the heat and then have to drive home.

I did that road in and out twice in a VW beetle!  I felt like we were on a ship on stormy seas.  I got burrs all over my ankles from walking to the gate.  Like I said above, we had a good time, especially seeing Trinket, but I hadn't gone for the past 2 years because of how little the faire was for such a drive, and I thought I'd try it again this year with the new owners.  But if I decide to try again next year, the major factor will be the weather the day of.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on October 11, 2010, 07:54:06 PM
Rowen, I know what you mean about the heat.  I passed out at Scarby from the heat, and Bristol this summer was a killer, and I started to feel shaky on Saturday, which is why we left for a while.  I was the driver, so I couldn't afford to pass out from the heat and then have to drive home.
I did that road in and out twice in a VW beetle!  I felt like we were on a ship on stormy seas.  I got burrs all over my ankles from walking to the gate.  Like I said above, we had a good time, especially seeing Trinket, but I hadn't gone for the past 2 years because of how little the faire was for such a drive, and I thought I'd try it again this year with the new owners.  But if I decide to try again next year, the major factor will be the weather the day of.
I hear you.  I'm thinking they might try a different spot, or at least pitch a large, central sunshade though there was no room for one in there the way it was set up.   I don't think we will be doing this one again, we already have to make a trip to Davenport each September for the Celtic Games and that is enough.
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

IWG wench #3139 

Lord Clisto of York

Wow!!! They are actually going to have it again? Where is the updates page?
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished