News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Your favorite memory/ moment of magic this season

Started by Kiss-me-Kate, October 05, 2010, 01:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiss-me-Kate

I have two specific examples:
Seeing my daughter get up on stage to perform for the first time.  I was so proud, that I got weepy.  (Shut up.)
She was so confident on stage, eventhough, I know she was so nervous; I should have given her a shot of whiskey beforehand.

The other one was this last weekend.  We had a cutie pie in our shop who was around four.  She was waiting while her Mom tried on a pair of shoes, and she was just so excited about everything at Fest.  I love that.  I wish we could bottle that enthusiasm.    I was so glad to see her excitement, that I ended up giving her a butterfly wand I acquired earlier that day.   

I have to say this entire year was magical for me.  I had lost my Fest Spirit the past few years.  I found it again at Willing Soles.
Love you guys.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

LadyFae

Well Kate, I got giddy when your girl-child got up on stage closing day!  =)  I totally understand where the weepies would come from!

I was blown away watching my sister on cast.  You people have NO idea what a HUGE change this is for her!  She has grown into this crazy, outgoing, funny, confident person and I know that we really have some of you to thank for it.  (Egging her on, feeding into her naughty side...)  I am so proud of her for being able to do this and do it so well.  =D
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

auntiegiggles

Everything goes better with giggles

saphire_glade

Hmmm... oh dear, so many...

I guess I would have to pick between being tackle/hugged by a group of no less than 5 little girls... dear god where they cute, I know I was lost in what must have seemed like a pile of love right then,  Sir Cades gift, Playing Hide and Seek with Thistle, Firrari's Flower, and having the line "your my favorite fairy" whispered in my ear by a 4 year old boy whose name i never learned.

But I hope that at least some on the forum got to meet Sir Cade as well. He was just the most lovable little boy. He was the one that recited poetry at the king and queens wedding.
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

DeadBishop

Best moment of the year:

Found a storm trooper on the last day.  Walked up to him and said

me:  "hey, where's the rest of your troop...oh, that's right, they blew up.."
ST:  "too soon, man, too soon!"

Started walking away, and quickly turned around and told Ryan to take out his phone, as did I.

Went back up to the storm trooper, and had my last little jab at him

me:  "Wait, don't go...I just realized something!  * we hold up phones*  "are these the droids you're looking for?"
ST:  *lowers and shakes head* "Oh...OH MY GOD.. *walks away dumbfounded*

R/F.com member since 2003

LadyFae

Quote from: DeadBishop on October 05, 2010, 09:53:16 PM
Best moment of the year:

Found a storm trooper on the last day.  Walked up to him and said

me:  "hey, where's the rest of your troop...oh, that's right, they blew up.."
ST:  "too soon, man, too soon!"

Started walking away, and quickly turned around and told Ryan to take out his phone, as did I.

Went back up to the storm trooper, and had my last little jab at him

me:  "Wait, don't go...I just realized something!  * we hold up phones*  "are these the droids you're looking for?"
ST:  *lowers and shakes head* "Oh...OH MY GOD.. *walks away dumbfounded*

Heehee!  That is just too awesome!  =D
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

TheFerret

DB, you are all kinds of awesome!

Favorite memories: Mourning the king's marriage not once, not twice but three times! (The last time was in "peasant" dress in front of my shop.)

Giving Thistle one of my old My Little Pony's (which nearly had me crying) and seeing how excited she got over that.

Peasant bathing with the fountain shop.

All of the times I got to run out of my shop yelling "Doctor" and knowing that there were tons of patrons looking at me very confused.

Showing up "naked" for a day (ah, the look on everyone's faces!)

Yes, there are more details to all of these but it's late and I'm done for the day. Wanted to share a few while I was thinking about them.
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245
Sweet Shouter for Seventh Sojourn Soaps
I've got ADOS: Attention Deficit OOOH Shiny!

LadyFae

Oh, and there was that perfect moment on the final morning when Jack and Mark walked out of that bar...   ;)
Amanda  =D

LordPaulet

1) Meeting the original fops and getting to stumble the grounds with them in High heels! lol
2) Sitting in the Vil Tennis Net as a fop heheheheh
3)Working for Mug O The Woods and hold up our wood sign...that looks like...well...umm just go by the booth next year and ask to see our wood sign...
anyways...getting to hold up the sign and watch peoples faces...priceless for most of them.
3) Working for MOTW and getting to talk about my wood all day :D  lol

LadyFae

Quote from: LordPaulet on October 05, 2010, 11:57:19 PM

2) Sitting in the Vil Tennis Net as a fop heheheheh

I enjoyed watching you try to figure out the best way to sit down and not get your fantastic, clean, WHITE legged self too dirty!  I have to tell you, that was one GREAT looking section of "net!"  =D
Amanda  =D

Mairte

I finally made it to MNRF the second to the last weekend (we had a family emergency before that, that pushed all other thoughts out of my head.)
My favorite memory, to the extent I could enjoy,was people watching and seeing how very many were dressed up! Other than that, I did enjoy going into the jewelry places and bought a sterling silver ear cuff. Oh, and I also sat through one of The Danger Committees shows. Thats always fun.

Toarmod

Capt. Bacardi standing on his bench hawking at Foaming and the parade goes by. The parade split to walk on both side of the tree he stands by and he yells to me, " Hey! Look, I'm in a parade!

Nick owner of LaVigne Leather:
*in his best Sean Connery impersonation*
"Steven, did I tell you I lost my superpower?"
FFFFFFRRRRRRRRRTTT!
*looks at Steve thoughtfully*
"It seems I was mistaken!"

Kiss-me-Kate

FFFFFFRRRRRRRRRTTT!

I can vouch for his former condition.  He used to clear rooms.   (my poor, patient Aunt..)   :P

Another magical moment is Uncle Nick telling me the poop story, and then later finding photographic evidence of the drunken patron's adventures in the privy in Mer's photo album on FB.  
Nick now has said picture, framed as a momento.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Muffin

Quote from: Toarmod on October 06, 2010, 08:41:20 PM
Capt. Bacardi standing on his bench hawking at Foaming and the parade goes by. The parade split to walk on both side of the tree he stands by and he yells to me, " Hey! Look, I'm in a parade!

FFFFFFRRRRRRRRRTTT!

:D BWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Win!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Random Girl

Quote from: Toarmod on October 06, 2010, 08:41:20 PM

FFFFFFRRRRRRRRRTTT!

I love Nick.  He makes my day.
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun