News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lady of the Lakes Faire

Started by Lady Rebecca, October 06, 2010, 12:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Rebecca

Hello! I will be attending the Lady of the Lakes Faire for the first time this year. Friday is a day for everyone, not just students and seniors, right?

Anyone else going?

Celtic_Fae

I'll be around on Saturday to catch up with some friends from the circuit since it's the first FL faire of the season, but for the first time I won't be working it this year. It's an...odd...sort of feeling, but time just isn't allowing for more involvement this year.

Kate

Probably just Saturday for me... if I go at all.  It is the weekend before St. Arg -- for which I've been saving all my money!
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Escarlata

I plan to be there all three days, Lady Rebecca.

Friday is open to everyone. The morning and early afternoon scheduling is geared toward the school field trips which usually end by 2pm. The rest of the day will be much like any other faire day. I usually don't try to be at faire before noon on Friday.

In years past, I've been on grounds from gate til cannon on Saturday and Sunday. I don't expect much to change this year.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

pktaxwench

I'll be there!  Hubby and I will be out as 'working playtrons'.  Good way to start off Festival season here in FL, and this'll be the husband's first FL Faire since 2003.

Woodsman

:o Two more weeks. :o So who is coming to Lady of The Lake?
Landshark #77

Lady Rebecca

Me! And four or five of my theatre friends with me. At least one of whom is a Ren virgin, so I hope he likes it! We will be there on Friday. I hope I finish my new garb in time!

MargaretheDietrich

I hope to be out Sunday, possibly in Court garb

iain robb

Aw, crud!

I have to be out of town Friday and Saturday. And of all places, I have to go to Detroit.

Oh well, we all have to take the good with the bad. Work took me to Texas in time for Rendezvous, and I just got back from a work-related trip to Thailand, but it's also keeping me away from Lady of the Lakes. I think I can live with that.

But now what am I going to do for my faire fix?

Escarlata

We'll miss you at LotL, Iain, but faire fix opportunities abound in November.

Sarasota Medieval Faire is Nov 13/14 & 20/21
Camelot Days (Hollywood) is Nov 13/14

If you've got an interest in pyrating, St Arrrgustine is Nov 13/14
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

iain robb

Quote from: Escarlata on October 27, 2010, 08:53:59 PM
We'll miss you at LotL, Iain, but faire fix opportunities abound in November.

Sarasota Medieval Faire is Nov 13/14 & 20/21
Camelot Days (Hollywood) is Nov 13/14

If you've got an interest in pyrating, St Arrrgustine is Nov 13/14

Well, now, tharrrrr's an idea ...

I've never been to any of those. I guess it's time to remedy that.

I also think I'll see if my wife would want to run to LOTL Sunday after church, since I get back into town Saturday night. Sounds like a few folks will be out Sunday at least, and it's not such a large fair that I'd miss a lot coming out for the afternoon alone.

But I think she'll want me to finish unpacking from my last trip first. (Packing is a lot more fun than unpacking, I find.)

Kate

Kate
Pink'n Penny

Lady Rebecca

How is the Sarasota faire? I was thinking of checking that one out, but it's a long drive...

iain robb

Quote from: Lady Rebecca on October 29, 2010, 01:37:22 AM
How is the Sarasota faire? I was thinking of checking that one out, but it's a long drive...

I was wondering that as well, and thinking that too. Perhaps, if it sounds promising, you could carpool with my wife and I. We live just north of Orlando. We're thinking about the second weekend.

Lady Rebecca

It's the 2nd weekend I'm planning on, too, since my parents will be here the 1st. I live right near Sea World.