News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Northwest Arkansas Fantasy Faire

Started by Craigmeister, October 20, 2010, 07:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

Fayetteville will be hosting its annual faire on November 6th & 7th.  This faire has had its ups & downs the past few years but the management staff is growing and is building for the future.

This year's entertainment will feature the return of an all-female jousting troupe:  Mounted Fury.  These ladies are highly motivated and hard hitting!  Another highlighting attraction is Steel Serenity from Kansas City.  Have you ever seen anyone fight with whips?  It is quite an attention getter.  As are Byron T. Bear and the rest of the entertainers.

Over 15 merchants are also lined up to supply every visitor's faire needs.  Won't you join the fun at the Washington County Fairgrounds this year?  It will be the last Renfaire in the region for at least 4 long, cold months.

http://www.wix.com/nwarenfest/nwa-renaissance-festival
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Craigmeister

Just 4 more days until Fayetteville's Fantasy Faire starts.  There have been LOTS of additions to the vendor & entertainer list in the past 2 weeks.  Check them out at the last faire of the season in the region:

http://www.wix.com/nwarenfest/nwa-renaissance-festival
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Craigmeister

I went to the Northwest Arkansas Fantasy Faire on Saturday not knowing what to expect.  The last 2 years, this faire was on a downturn.  This year, the owner got help in putting on the faire.

What great help he picked!  This was an outstanding event!  My booth was near the entrance and on Saturday, packs of people kept coming in all day.  Sunday was a little more sparse, but Sundays usually are at most of the faires I've been to.

There was great entertainment all weekend.  Good music was heard during the whole event; authentic female jousting, a magician, a very tame bear (Byron T.) and sword fighting were the highlights.  There was also a group of high schoolers who ran a jail next to me.  It only cost $2 to put someone in jail.  The prisoners could do a dance, sing a song or pay to be released (great job on "The Celt Came Back", Fugli).  I counted nearly 2 dozen vendor booths on Sunday.

The organizers did a great job of advertising, preparing the site, setting up security and volunteers, knighting children as well as blending into the cast.  What an awesome turnaround!  I am excited to return next year!  To Kitty, Mo, Terry & Margaret I say HIP, HIP, HUZZAH!  HIP, HIP, HUZZAH!  HIP, HIP, HUZZAH!  To everyone else I say go see their festival next November.