News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

OK Celtic Festival

Started by Craigmeister, June 06, 2008, 07:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

Stillwater will host the 2nd annual OK Celtic Festival during the weekend of Saturday, June 21st.  The fest will be at the Payne County Expo Center.  It looks like this will be mostly indoors.

This year's bands include:
Boru's Ghost
Dustin Cooper
On The Doss
Suspicious Contra Band
OK Massed Pipe Band.

I can vouch for Dustin Cooper's & John McGaha's hammered dulcimer music.  McGaha plays in Boru's Ghost.  I've heard both of them at Ren faires around Oklahoma & they're very talented.  Huzzah!

The fest's website is www.okcelticfest.com.  This isn't a Renaissance festival.  It's focused more on the music but there will be some Ren type vendors present.  Hope to see you there.   
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Craigmeister

What a great little festival!  The music today was great!  On The Doss was a good band.  They covered some traditional Celtic tunes.  Dustin Cooper did a great job on the hammered dulcimer, as usual.  I had never seen Boru's Ghost before today.  They're great!  They're very energetic & enjoy the music that they play.  They were definitely a crowd pleaser.  I'll have to be sure to seek them out in the future.

The Oklahoma Massed Pipe Band was quite lively.  I'm sure I'll hear them again at the OK Scottish Games in September at Tulsa's River West Festival Park.  Huzzah!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.