News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faun Character

Started by Lady Rosaline, January 08, 2011, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Rosaline

I finally made a costume that I've been wanting to make for years. A faun!
   I absolutely love playing this character but I have no idea what to use as a back story/persona. I took her out for the first time at LARF and had no idea how I was going to act her out until I was pulled into the costume contest. As a last minute, spur of the moment persona I went with a wild faun captured in the woods out side of the shire. I was led onto stage with a leash, fighting the whole way. The only thing I said for the rest of the day was "mmaaaa" and "daaaaaaadddyyyy" (which was really fun with men in kilts  ;D ). 
    As it is right now she has no name or real story. This is where I was hoping for you guys to help me out a bit. I was thinking that I want to run with the mischievous side of a faun, helping or tricking humans at whim. 
     Here are a few pictures that were taken of me in costume at LARF.
With out horns before faire

And on stage

I'm the reason the rum is gone! (Unless Teach is near by!)

LadyFae

Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Auryn

Love it, the hooves are great.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

DeepBlueSea

As for the name ...  can i suggest Heather ..  or another of the Scotish plants..  hopefully some of the other readers can help you out with the creative end...
If you are going to be dumb .. You have to be TOUGH

renfairephotog

Very cool, costume looks great.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

daggrim

Great costume, and a great line for the lads!  How did you do the hooves?  Looks like platform high heels with the heels removed.  Must be tiring to walk around in.  A+ for innovation.
Doug
A merry heart has a continual feast.

Lady Rosaline

The hooves are actually stilts. I posted a few pics in a topic a while back.
http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=13550.0
They have been modified quite a bit since then.
It is definitely a challenge walking around faire all day in them, but worth every moment. The kids get a real kick out of seeing a faun (and I have a blast playing one).
 I'm still having a hard time naming her though. lol  
I'm the reason the rum is gone! (Unless Teach is near by!)