News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Traffic alert

Started by renfairephotog, October 20, 2010, 06:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

Just got this in a newsletter.
North Carolina Department of Transportation unexpectedly closed a bridge on Poplar Tent road nearby the Carolina Renaissance Festival.  If you plan to travel on I-85 to the event, we suggest that you exit at #55 and head west.  Or take I-77 to exit 23 or exit 25 and head east.

Festival Site Address:

16445 Poplar Tent Road, Huntersville, NC 28078
More Detailed Directions
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Molden

Yep - that's been the case since Opening Weekend...
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

mehan

but seriously.... no real posts about the reality of it second weekend.  Just the PR posts from the faire itself that it was "better".   What was it like second weekend? 

Lord Cartwright

It was a lot better on the second weekend, since we regulars know about the bridge. Still heard a few mundanes that showed up mid day complaining.  :D

Molden

Aye - Lady M an' I show up before cannon from the direction of Davidson. Not an issue at that point.

Even WITH the bridge being open - after about an hour or two of opening, getting in is a NIGHTMARE. Not sure if the bridge is that much of an impact or no.
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

hitchhiker90

I took exit 55 from I-85 and didn't have any problems except actually turning into the faire, plenty of traffic going in there.  When leaving I came out on exit 52 but I guess I missed the bridge.

Molden

The bridge was the one on Poplar Tent Rd, just before you round the bend to Faire (coming from Concord). It's been open for a couple of weeks now (I actually drove over it - it's verra nic-uh.) so should not be an issue going forward.
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable