News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

AHE greatness

Started by Advent, November 01, 2010, 11:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyStitch

All the talk of "lighting in a bottle"  makes me miss my grandad.  He would take all the left over grapes after grandmum made jelly and seal them in a 5 gallon bucket, run sugical tubing to a bottle of water, and then shove the whole thing under his work bench.  By spring he would have what he called wine, but... oh boy.

When he died none of us wanted to go into his workshop.  5 years later my brother found a bucket still 'cooking'.  We have been touching that batch sparingly, not just because it is grandpa's last batch, but also because that stuff WILL curl your hair!
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Tipsy Gypsy

Hey Rani, sorry I missed meeting you! Next time :)
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Rani Zemirah

Oh, TG, me to!!!  Next year I am making a list and carrying it around with me every day, because this year I had so many people I was looking forward to either meeting, seeing again or just spending time with, and everything got so hectic that I wasn't able to get to a lot of the ones that were really important to me.  Like you... :"( 

I didn't get to make a really important call to someone who couldn't be there with us, either, and I'm not sure if Luciana will ever forgive me.  I was supposed to call her from the meet-n-greet (which I missed both days) and pass the phone around so she could say hi to everyone, but I wasn't able to get it together enough either day to get there, and on Sunday not only did my phone die completely, but my car charger got fried somehow, as well, so I didn't get to charge my phone again until Monday afternoon while I was sitting in the tire store in Conroe having the blowout replaced.  The other people there looked at me like I was crazy when I brought the charger in and plugged it into the wall, but I didn't want to risk not having it for the rest of the drive home! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Blushing

All the positive, enthusiastic adjectives in the dictionary could not cover my All Hallows weeked at TRF.

That said ... I'm scheming for a second trip this season (I have a free flight due me, I think) ... and already coming up with some new loki flavors for next season!

Rani - I'm so sorry you had a tire blow out!

I'm so sorry that I didn't get to meet everyone ... I know Saturday I was a bit out of it after the chainmaille show with the heat or simple dehydration.  But there WILL be other visits ...
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Pat McGroin

Molden- Yes we will have to meet up some day and share bottles again. Till this day when I'm sitting/standing around that fire ring, that night is the first thing that pops to mind. Referring back to what Rani had said about the Lighting in the Bottle, it was a lot smoooooooother then what we shared that night. I still have some left out of this batch because it was a short trip for me AHE cause of work on Monday, I didn't bring it all. 
Rani- sorry to hear about your tire. The C/BO will be an addition/addiction to my unmentionable in the bottle. I'll let you feel in you own words.
I'm the Carpenter aboard the Bayou Scoundrel,
The Keeper of FIREWATER!!!
I.F.R.P. #1447

Lady Kett

I just have to add my 2 pence worth. We had a blast AHE but only caught a few of y'all. Angus, I was STARVING when we saw you...sorry to have run-off rather quickly. It also seems we are constitutionally unable to hit POW around the parade, but did watch Meg in the chain mail show!

On the one hand, I wish we camped to hang out with y'all more. On the other hand, I like my soft bed, a/c & heat controls and hot showers, LOL.

Hope to catch more of you on closing weekend.

And Ravic, I completely forgot about the bookstore...if we go in and ask for Ravic, will someone recongize the name?

angusmacinnes

Kett, is was okay.  It was really crowded and I missed seeing lots of folks as well.  Will miss yaz on highland fling weekend.  See you in the spring at Scarby.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Yes, t'was a pleasure to run into you and your husband, Lady Kett, out in the lanes.   We never had a chance to chat at Scarby but i'm glad we fixed that this past weekend. ;)
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

dbaldock

So, with TRF being something like 53 acres inside the fence, and seeing how crowded it seemed on Saturday - has anyone heard how many people were actually there?

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Riot

I haven't looked, but I know the Beefeater's website actually posts attendance totals.
"I'm sweet, innocent, virginal, and full of all things goodness and light"

dbaldock

Quote from: Riot on November 03, 2010, 08:55:52 AM
I haven't looked, but I know the Beefeater's website actually posts attendance totals.

Thanks for the reminder.

The Attendance Numbers page on their web site says - 29,481 for Saturday.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: dbaldock on November 03, 2010, 09:01:25 AM
Quote from: Riot on November 03, 2010, 08:55:52 AM

Thanks for the reminder.

The Attendance Numbers page on their web site says - 29,481 for Saturday.

Take Care,
David Baldock

I had talked to Captain Fletcher, Saturday and he had said that they expected around 29k... right on the money!
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

ravic

Quote from: Lady Kett on November 02, 2010, 08:50:21 PM
And Ravic, I completely forgot about the bookstore...if we go in and ask for Ravic, will someone recongize the name?

Maybe or just try James

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: ravic on November 03, 2010, 06:31:29 PM
Quote from: Lady Kett on November 02, 2010, 08:50:21 PM

Maybe or just try James

Chances are that he will recognize you, though, Lady Kett... or at least that's what happened when I went in to say hi last weekend.  Not sure exactly how many other men actually work there in the shop, but Ravic is quite a handsome man, with the nicest smile... so he shouldn't be difficult to spot!  ;) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

ravic

Chances are that he will recognize you, though, Lady Kett... or at least that's what happened when I went in to say hi last weekend.  Not sure exactly how many other men actually work there in the shop, but Ravic is quite a handsome man, with the nicest smile... so he shouldn't be difficult to spot!  ;) 
[/quote]

Aw, shucks...