News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Please VOTE on Nov. 2nd

Started by Lady Kathleen of Olmsted, October 07, 2010, 04:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

Just as I was finishing up, there was a woman who complained that the machine kept spitting her paper ballot out. When one of the volunteers tried to help her feed it he, he pointed out that it was being rejected because she had filled in almost all the bubbles including all 4 options for governor.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

William_MacKean

After much consideration, analysing their positions & records, and weighing the issues most important to me, I chose NOT to vote.

None of those running had an abundance of what I wanted in representation.  No matter who I chose, there were core issues that I could not accept.

And such is the state of politics in America.

I should run for office.  Sadly, even if I did get elected, I would have no support for MY agenda as I would likely be alone for lack of like candidates in other districts.

Lady Kett

Quote from: William_MacKean on November 03, 2010, 09:56:59 AM
After much consideration, analysing their positions & records, and weighing the issues most important to me, I chose NOT to vote.

None of those running had an abundance of what I wanted in representation.  No matter who I chose, there were core issues that I could not accept.

And such is the state of politics in America.

I should run for office.  Sadly, even if I did get elected, I would have no support for MY agenda as I would likely be alone for lack of like candidates in other districts.

I've had that happen in local elections William. Thus far though state or higher level elections I've managed to find enough reasons to vote for, or sometimes against, a candidate.

It truly sucks when in that situation though. I'm such a firm supporter of democracy and voting that it has pained me to say "bleh" but indeed it happens.

Quote from: DonaCatalina on October 08, 2010, 10:06:42 AM
I will be voting.
To one of my co-workers who refuses to vote because he says it doesn't matter, I reply "Then you get the representation that you deserve and have no grounds for complaint."

Huzzah to that! At least if I don't like the winner, I can complain with a clean conscious if I voted against them!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We don't vote for winners, just the one who is not as much of a loser   :o
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell