News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Boing

Started by crazyrennie, June 04, 2010, 01:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyrennie

Julianne

I'm taking advantage of this thread to express my opinion.

I've taken a very long sabbatical from this forum.  Watched from the lurkers point of view.
Discouraging and ofttimes mean people is most of what I saw. 
There was however some isolated tremendous improvements, like in the moderators choice of RenDeVous...that was brilliant.

Otherwise, I have to say mostly, lurking...it's not really a very pleasant place. Not like at Faire.

Merlin the Elder

m'Lady Julianne,

I've been a participant in this forum now for less than 2 months. I haven't read everything that's out here, but what I have read has been quite friendly and welcoming, with very little venom. My interest is centered around Scarborough, and they are just naturally friendly folks, from my vantage point. I hope you'll find the forum inviting enough now to join back in.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Julianne

How lovely for you to respond.
And how honest of you to admit you have little time here.  I'm hopeful that your experience as described will be a normal routine for most, if not all, of future endeavors.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I have been on the boards for over a year and I, too, have met no venum (?).  Liked your faire in Arizona, attended for the second straight year and will try to make it an annual event.  A great break for us "Midlanders".  The same for Scarby, our second year this year.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Anna Iram

Julie, you know that I agree with you. Some very mean spirited people here, but some nice ones too. I guess it just takes all kinds to turn the world.

It's good to see you. I hope things are well with you away from the forum.

crazyrennie

Juliane,
I truly hope that I was not one of the Discouraging and ofttimes mean people that you spoke of.

Welcome back
Crazyrennie

DonaCatalina

Wow.
I guess I'm lucky that I've only run into 1 or 2 unpleasant people on this forum in the last 3 years.
I'm glad you decided to rejoin us though.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Julianne

'tis a sad and small place I see here.  Yet, I came back to see what has reared.  Still love it's humble origins and still love all that is "renaissance"

I met some wonderful people here.  Fought some ridiculous fights.  Put money in the coffer too.

Becky10

I haven't been on this board too long either and when i did join there was some less than friendly experiences (not directed at me) but outside of that I have felt the people here are very pleasant and some of the best. For me I cant imagine anything being as positive as faire. I guess if there are things that go past me its because I know that at faire you're separated from your mundane life and the problems it causes where as here there centered in those problems trying to grab a bit of faire. I know this is my destination when i feel angry or sad and I may have let that into my posts and I regret that but there are some things that you cant control. As far as people intentionally hurting one another I haven't seen that since I very first joined.  

I am very sorry this is a sad place for you and I hope you can one day see it as a haven as I now do.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Fairietink

Good day Darling Julianne, guess who else is back  :-*
Vice Madam Local 35 - AZ chapter, Captain Bone Momma - HMS Boner

crazyrennie

Good to see that some people are returning-

What would you change about the AZ ren Faire?

Fairietink

Quote from: crazyrennie on September 08, 2010, 10:17:10 AM
Good to see that some people are returning-

What would you change about the AZ ren Faire?

Wow, hard to say. Maybe more food choices and lower prices, Maryland has great food and it is way cheaper than any other faire I've been too, same with the drinks. Maybe more Guild action out here like the East coast. Of course that means folks out here would have to join. lol

Vice Madam Local 35 - AZ chapter, Captain Bone Momma - HMS Boner

Julianne

I wouldn't begin to change a thing about my faire..unless someday I could afford to be a major financial contributor.

If asked by the owner I would perhaps tell him all the things that are right about my fair and how grand a job I thought he has done.

I love my faire and encourage all others to love theirs too.

It's just play ...love it or don't go.

Norfolk

Welcome back, Lady Julianne!  It's nice to see you posting again.

I have occasionally seen mean-spirited posts on various forums, hidden among the hundreds of uplifting ones.  When I encounter one of the former, my response is to ignore it.  If all of us who love our Faires would do the same, I suspect negative posting would largely disappear.

The Baroness and I wish you and all of our Faire-addict friends a most wondrous holiday season.
Just call me "Your Grace"