News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Huntington Jaycees Ren Faire May 27 - 29 2011

Started by LaVel, March 30, 2011, 05:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaVel

Hi Folks,

Thought you might like to know about about the Huntington Jaycees Ren Faire in Huntington, IN at the PAL Club 2099 Riverside Dr Huntington IN 46750  May 27 - 29.

This is their 2nd year and they have re-invented themselves as a 16th century Scottish Faire.

The faire will be open from Noon to 8pm each day with a pub and childrens area (not together :-) and lots of great entertainment.

Here is their info:

"Our faire is set in the lovely village of Stonehaven. The year is 1562 and the village is all abuzz over the visit of Mary, Queen of Scots (Queen and court to be played by the Tudor Rose Players). The Keith family, Earls Marischal of Scotland have announced a May Faire in the Queen's honor-which will be a holiday for townsfolk, a time for laborers to receive their quarterly pay and seek new employment, and a time of fun, folly and romance for all. Entertainment in honor of her majesty will include :

Live Action Chess, The Class Clown (juggler and jester extraordinaire) , Drunk & Sailor (musical comedy), Bellydancing, Swordplay demonstrations, mock battles between combatants, a Storyteller, a Minstrel, Puppet theater in the Children's realm, and (comedic) Tavern Wenches in the pub.

There will be events scheduled daily...There will be a fantasy area of goblins and fairies-with an opportunity for children to have goblin grub and fairy tea. And of course, there is an adult only tavern serving libations daily and into the evening."

This is shaping up to be a terrific new faire...they may still be looking for vendors...

Proceeds go to local charities.

Ulfin Bedwyr

Huzzah for Huntington!

I'll be there in Court, portraying George Seton, 5th Lord Seton, Master of the Queen's Household.

Hope to see all my friends there!   :)

UB
English - Lord Hunsdon
Scottish - Lord Seton
at Bristol - Sir Thomas Hammond
at Eminence - Sir Geoffrey le Scrope

Natasha

I can't wait! Hoping to see LOTS AND LOTS (did I mention lots?) of people there! Swing by the Royal court and meet me! I'll be there as the wife of His Excellency Ambassador Feyodor Pisemsky of the Muscovy! (ahem* Russia, that is : )
Russian Noble
Perpetual Gypsy
Crystal Stix-er
Leathersmith

Lady Deborah

I believe a group of us from the new Indiana Enchanted Lakes Renaissance Faire will be joining you, with our blended family from MRF.  Looking forward to it! 

Lady Cecelia

I'm hoping to swing by on my way to Indy for the race!

Ulfin Bedwyr

Had a great time playing in the court at HJRF!  Although we were dogged by inclimate weather, the patrons were treated with good food, good history, and good entertainment.

Thanks to Pillaged Village, Rings and Things, Drunk N Sailor, the local SCA, the belly dancing troup (whose name I have forgotten - I cry you pardon!), the Huntington Jaycees, and all the other vendors and entertainers for sticking it out (and cursing the skies).

-U.Bedwyr
(Lord George Seton, Master of Household for Mary Stuart, Queen of all Scotland)
English - Lord Hunsdon
Scottish - Lord Seton
at Bristol - Sir Thomas Hammond
at Eminence - Sir Geoffrey le Scrope

uncletimcobleigh

S'truth, Lord Seton, it was a fun, albeit soggy, weekend. I went home tired, with instruments out of tune, and "John Kanaka" stuck in my head.

--The Minstrel Teig

Lady Deborah

We had a wonderful time at your faire!  The vendors were friendly, the food delicious, and the queen and court gracious and delightful.  This will become a yearly visit for certain.   

Lady Cecelia

To the wonderful members of the Huntington Jaycees:  Thank You so much for you support this year and can't wait for you to be back next year!  If you attended Enchanted Lakes in Angola and tasted the brisket, these boys were responsible.  Everyone I've spoken to has just RAVED!  Let's get a date set for Fun in Garb in Huntington.  You just pick a restaurant and a date and we'll see what we can do about getting a group together.  Nothing gets more buzz for your faire than a group of people in garb at a restaurant and speaking with English accents.  We know-we've had great success with it.