News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Annual Bridgewater Renaissance Faire

Started by girlmacbeth, June 09, 2008, 02:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

girlmacbeth

Does anyone know if they are having the Bridgewater ren faire this year in Baxter Springs,KS?

Emerald Shaunassey

From my understanding of things, this faire has gone the way of the dinosaurs.  You might want to check with the Cherokee County (Kansas) Arts Council though to make sure.

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

girlmacbeth

thank you emerald I shall contact them

Craigmeister

I called the phone number listed for Bridgewater today. Alas, there will not be a faire this October. There have been several festivals in Baxter Springs, KS this year already. The town doesn't have the energy for their best one. This event was cancelled last year due to the webmistress being very ill. It should be back in its full glory next year though.

October 4th won't be a complete loss w/o Bridgewater. It looks like the Tulsa Ren Faire* will be happening that day at 1 of the libraries again. It's mostly geared towards kids but the Twisted Blades have it on their schedule. HUZZAH!

* Please note that the Tulsa Renaissance Festival is not the same as the new King's Champion Medieval Faire to be held in August in Tulsa.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.