News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

YEAH! I'm going to make it for opening weekend!

Started by Kariselle, June 09, 2008, 09:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kariselle

Just finalized the plans.  I'll be there opening weekend with two of my kids...not sure about a third.

Any ideas for an easy and cheap outfit for a 14 year old boy?

Karis

ladiedragon

Hi Kariselle! Guess we'll be seeing you some time out at bristol this year! Hopefully we'll get to meet up sometime,and ..well.. meet each other!

max and kate

We'll be there too, all the way from MiRF, SE Michigan. Where making opening weekend our annual trip this year.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Lady Renee Buchanan

If you will be there on Sunday, Lord Stephen and I will look forward to meeting you at the Meet & Greet (times and location TBA).

For a 14 year old boy's garb.  You can go to Walmart and buy scrub pants in black or navy blue.  They cost about $10 or $12 and have a drawstring waist and no zipper.  Then if you can sew, go to Goodwill and buy either fancier curtains or tablecloth, perferrably solid color, like brocade or something, and make a quick tunic.  Fold it it half, like a poncho, cut out a hole for the neck, sew a seam there.  Then cut out the fabric so that it makes 2 sleeves and sew the seam and then the seam down the sides of the body.  Cut to mid-thigh and hem.  Then you can either buy a fancy applique, like a fleur-de-lis, and sew or iron it on.  Or instead, tie a belt around the waist.

Believe me, I can't sew at all, and I made the same things for our 2 sons when they were 11 & 14 (many years ago) when we first went to faire.  It's that easy.

Sheets could also be used, or Walmart has a large selection of $1 a yard fabrics.  Just try not to get too high a percentage of synthetics, because he will die of heat!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich