News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

LET THE COUNTDOWN.... BEGIN!

Started by fairieimp, December 31, 2010, 03:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Christina de Pond

warrior what is taking you so long to decide my friend.
i got all dressed up last saturday morning to make sure it all went together nicely which i believe it did.
i change something on my costume every year.
as for my entourage i'm not sure about at this moment. one may or may not come or meet us another isn't sure the husband is going to baby sit and she doesn't want to drag the two toddlers so look for me weather or not i have anyone with me is apparently up in the air
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

amy

I am right there will all of the rest of you on getting garb ready.   I even played hookie from work this morning to sew.  Shame on me.  Lets hope I get it done enought to wear Saturday.   I start driving in 28 hours!!!   Please let us have clear skies and temps in the mid 70s. 

WM, I can loan you a bum roll if you want to prop up that sword belt
!

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: amy on April 13, 2011, 11:18:20 AM
WM, I can loan you a bum roll if you want to prop up that sword belt!

:o :o :o

I actually have what I'm going to be wearing already picked out, but every time I walk past the DRAPER room, something calls to me.... ???

fairieimp

Look for me at Ancient Arts Jewelry this year! :) (and for those of you who have met my boyfriend, look for him at Son of Sandlar!)

I can't believe its just THREE DAYS away! :D
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

Lady Christina de Pond

Yeaaaaaa if you spot me please do speak I can be a little shy and don't remember all who is suposed to come
Lady Ashley of De Coals

BamaWoodsman

I'll try to speak up if I see you pass by Crimson Chain.

bittersweetheart

I am horrible at recognizing folks or names, etc. I hope I don't seem rude if I look at someone funny and make a fool of myself.  fairieimp- I think you assisted Eric and me last season at Son of Sandler. Sadly, I was not able to save up enough funds for a pair. Boo.

I am totally stoked and ready for faire!!! Two more days and a few hours!!! Yey!
Life is Beautiful...

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: Warrior Monk on April 08, 2011, 10:10:19 PM
Quote from: LadyHawkeontheHill on April 08, 2011, 07:11:55 PM
Even tho I am not of the six, I will have driven 10 hours to get to Fairhaven... Does that count?

M'Lady, the "Six" refers only to the number of unique faire favors I will bring. 10 hours would definitely qualify you for one.  ;D

BTW- Sister Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari, you are entitled to one as well, for putting up with us on the thread for so long.  ;)

Lady Christina de Pond

thanks wm I'm honored i honestly need to make favors but every idea i storm up for my unique self fizzles
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Catherine

hi all!

i am trying to buy my tix online, but having an issue. I look  under the BOGO tab, then it appears that they charge me for all four of the tickets.

has anyone had experience with purchasing online??

thanks!
2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

Eric the Ugly

Quote from: Lady Catherine on April 14, 2011, 07:54:16 PM
hi all!

i am trying to buy my tix online, but having an issue. I look  under the BOGO tab, then it appears that they charge me for all four of the tickets.

has anyone had experience with purchasing online??

thanks!

I seem to recall there were folks with a similar issue and it being discussed here last year... but I'm not sure where. I'll see if I can find it...

Also, it looks like GA's Rain-Just-And-Only-On-Days-You-Want-To-Do-Something-But-Only-During-GARF-Season is off to a great start. Lots of rain expected through Fri., all night Fri night/Sat. morn, not stopping until probably around 8am-ish. So...only after it's turned the entire place into a heaving mud pit.  >:(
All the curse words in existence verbalized louder than anything this universe has ever experienced still do not suffice.

LadyHawkeontheHill

Oh Good! I also have trouble recognizing people and remembering names! But I've been studying hard and I think I'm ready!

I did the BOGO thing and had no trouble, not sure how to tell you what you did incorrectly tho, if anything.
Willy Nilly on-the-wash town Strumpet
Castleteer Pillar
Irish Penny Brigade member

Lady Christina de Pond

ok what i understand looking at Garenfest.com is you go into the purchase tickets online then it gives you several options the last should be the 2for1 
tell them you want one that should get you both in on one ticket
Lady Ashley of De Coals

amy

There is a selection for opening weekend tickets as I recall.  I just bought 1/2 of what I needed and expect them to double it at the gate when I turn in my printed sheet.

As for the mud... NO NO NO... I won't have it.  I just put a ribbon gard on the hem of my dress and I don't want to drag it through the mud and have to do it all again when I get home!  thinking I may need to bring a light shawl for the mornings. 

And everyone who doesn't use their real name on the boards ... well, don't be surprised if I call you by your board name then!  Or just say, " I think I know you!" and give you a hug!

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: amy on April 15, 2011, 10:02:13 AM
As for the mud... NO NO NO... I won't have it.  I just put a ribbon gard on the hem of my dress and I don't want to drag it through the mud and have to do it all again when I get home!  thinking I may need to bring a light shawl for the mornings. 

Lady Amy, perhaps you should retain possession of that "bum" roll. As I understand their use, if you double stack them :P, you might actually raise the lower end of your attire from trailing in the mud. ;D And aren't you traveling with a Scot? Don't they love mud? ;)

Mud- it builds character
Mud-it's what's for Renfest