News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The count down starts!

Started by Adriana Rose, January 01, 2011, 03:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriana Rose

It was fargen cold and wet! I really hope beyond hope that it isnt.

Nighthawk

Quote from: Adriana Rose on May 02, 2011, 05:18:45 PM

Ah! I see! Sounds like my kind of day...

Zoë

It was absolutely miserable especially for those of us who had to work and remain in one location all day. Ugh. Terrible.

Considering the weather so far this year, we might be in for a cool season--but I hope I shall be proved wrong.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Adriana Rose

shhh dont give the weather any ideas.... Mother Nature is having enough of a snit already!

Norfolk

Quote from: Adriana Rose on May 02, 2011, 05:18:45 PM

Cold and wet I can tolerate.  It was the 1.5" hail that ruined my day!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Do NOT like the cold mixed with rain or drizzle.

The One and Only time I went to fair in my 20+ years of going to CoRF that was not in garb, it was cold as all hell. I like a dumby wore shorts as did my my ex. I bought a half moon capot (jacket) and I stayed warm and dry after that, but by that time we were ready to leave and I kept offering to share it with my ex, I gt to wear it all day long. Toki has inherited it from me.

It was a horrible day. And when you hand wash your garb like I have to, mud is NOT fun to clean out, and I do wash my garb every weekend.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Adriana Rose

I know! I felt like I had half the faire in my hems after that weekend.

And the hail was the 4th of july if I remember

CapnJack

Yes, I DEFINITELY remember the hail.  My castaway finally got a bath though, haha  :D

I ca't recall if I was there for opening weekend or not (sad, right?), but I do know all about the cold and damp that weekend.  Here's hoping we get lots of sunny, 70's to low 80's weather this summer!  No 90's and 100's please!
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Duchess Marguerite

I believe the descriptions were "fargen cold" and "absolutely miserable".  I would have to agree!  Cold enough for gloves and it felt more like November than June!!!  YUK!!  Let's pray this opening weekend's weather is much better or I may follow in the wise Lady DeLaney's footsteps and stay HOME!

Merlin the Elder

Wet and cold, I can understand the reluctance, but after doing two faire openings this year in 85+ and humid, I'd certainly opt for the cold. You planning on providing hail for RenDezvous?!?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Adriana Rose

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 03, 2011, 06:03:46 PM
Wet and cold, I can understand the reluctance, but after doing two faire openings this year in 85+ and humid, I'd certainly opt for the cold. You planning on providing hail for RenDezvous?!?

Cold=good, hail=NOT good
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

Hail is definitely not good. I got caught in a hailstorm driving home once. The van only got hit by one hailstone, but it literally powdered the windshield where it hit. It was the size of a softball. I always thought people were exaggerating until I saw these hailstones that day. 

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 03, 2011, 06:03:46 PM

We'd take 85 and be happy. It's when it gets in the mid to high 90's or more that we don't like. 100 in royal garb = Killer even with tons of liquid We had 1 day like that last year and I was working court and was near dead by 2 PM. Lucky me I was off after 2 so I finally got time to sit in shade and drink, drink, drink... lots of water, iced tea and lemonade
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Merlin the Elder

I think your 85 is a lot nicer than our 85. The humidity down here can be suffocating.