News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2011 Plotting

Started by Becky10, January 03, 2011, 12:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becky10

Lady Rebecca, I am sure the faire would not condone this but alot of people get tickets from work and I've been offered half price tickets in the parking lot many a time now. I always pre-order mine so I dont need them but I've had some friends take them...but you didnt hear that from me  ;)
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Lady Rebecca

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 14, 2011, 01:19:42 PM
Are you safely in California now, Lady Rebecca?
I'll be there tomorrow. I'm in Las Vegas now.

And Becky, does that mean I should get there early and wander around the parking lot?  ;)

The Lady Mercedes

This happened to me in '09: my friend & I were walking to the entrance & someone sold us 2 for $20 lol. Here's this...
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Lady Rebecca

Yeah, unfortunately, I guess that was only good for opening weekend.

So hopefully I'll meet a scalper! Otherwise, it's looking like I'll only be there Saturday.

The Lady Mercedes

Look again lower right...$2.50 off the rest of the weekends  ;)

Lady Rebecca

Well I drove out there on Saturday, but when I saw that on top of the $25 at the gate admission, there was a $10 parking fee, I turned around and drove the hour back to my aunt's house. I'm sure it might be a lovely faire, but I'm not willing to spend $35 (or even $32.50) for any faire.

Becky10

I've been trying to find a place to park and hike in but after multiple heatstroke episodes I am a bit worried about it. The parking can be pretty ridiculous d\especially seeing that its not a superb parking area, they have gotten better at cleaning out the rocks though.

Baron Dacre

Unfortunately the faire has no control over the parking fee. :-[.... The faire is in an LA county owned park, and the park is charging for entrance to the park not the faire...
Gregory Fiennes
10th Baron Dacre of the South
(Baron Dacre)

LadyStitch

When we went we car pooled.  There was 5 of us crammed into our friends car, as well as our garb. It was 'cozy' to say the least.  At least we only had to pay the $8 (at the time) entrance fee, but we knew about it before we went so we were prepared.  I know it stinks but that is the way it is, saddly.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Becky10

2 skirts down 1 bodice to go! Ooo-rah!

The Lady Mercedes

I'll admit that parking fees is 1 reason I'm glad I don't drive...

Blushing

I'm so sorry to hear that, Lady Rebecca!  I wonder how many others have missed faire over the parking fee AND ticket prices.

This is Southern California, so I expect things to cost more in general.  I've specially budgeted gas money for my upcoming visit!  A one-day park hopper pass for the Disney parks is about $100, I think, and parking for cars $15.  And I don't think they will let you in if you're dressed in "costume"!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Becky10

QuoteA one-day park hopper pass for the Disney parks is about $100, I think, and parking for cars $15.  And I don't think they will let you in if you're dressed in "costume"!

$101  :D Man even just going to the beach is $15 parking if you want to be somewhere near the beach!

The Lady Mercedes

Yep it is indeed $15...but here's an idea: carpool & have everyone chip in for parking (& gas if need be)....for example: 5 people in the car=15 divided by 5 so that would be only 3 bucks each.

Lady Rebecca

Quote from: Blushing on April 22, 2011, 02:22:01 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that, Lady Rebecca!  I wonder how many others have missed faire over the parking fee AND ticket prices.

This is Southern California, so I expect things to cost more in general.  I've specially budgeted gas money for my upcoming visit!  A one-day park hopper pass for the Disney parks is about $100, I think, and parking for cars $15.  And I don't think they will let you in if you're dressed in "costume"!
I'm a Disney employee - no parking or entrance fees for me!

As far as costumes go, I understood that was the rule, but when I was there on Sunday, I saw a couple where they gentleman was wearing a frock coat, top hat, and carrying a Nightmare Before Christmas lunch box, and the lady on his arm was wearing a corset and bustle. Very Steamy.