News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Family Member and Garb

Started by Lady De Rue Rue, December 15, 2010, 11:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady De Rue Rue

I thought of Christmas too but, with doing some research, ordering and shipping it might not arrive on time so, I was thinking of Valentine's Day or our wedding anniversary in March.  At least he will be armed for our wedding anniversary if he doesn't remember it! ;D

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Doing research does help. Thumb through various Faire sites to see how patrons dress up. Share them with your husband and family members. Watching peole at Faire also is encouraging.

Many reluctant Faire goers usually notice others as well. That more people are dressing up to attend their local faires shows the interest they have in being more of a participant than an observer.

All it can take is a hat of some kind, weaponry that sparks one's interest, then graduates to a  full blown persona. It also takes baby steps before you have created a monster.

Ask Lady Renee Buchannan as to what I mean. ;) 
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Adriana Rose

I'd go in baby steps. A nice pair of boots that catch his interest or any other small thing that he seems to like.

Have a ren/medival movie marathon ya know the Robin Hood movies to the more out there ones like A Knights Tale see if he shows any interest in the costuming in the movies. If he does go for a simple verson of the thing he likes, kinda like sticking a tippy toe in the water to see if its warm.

Its kinda hard to take someone who is more comfy in civilian cloths into full nobles.

Mairte

I like these ideas. Last year my dad was the only one NOT to dress up. Will have to try some of these on him...