News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Human Chess

Started by kcdcchef, June 30, 2011, 01:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcdcchef

I am hearing no human chess this season out at KCRF, would be a HUGE disappointment as it is always my favorite part of Faire next to the Pub Sing. But still hopeful they can pull it together.

Brother Gregory

No it has been announced that there will not be Human Chess this year due to the scenario they are planning.

kcdcchef

Well, according to the KCRF Facebook page, they are still trying to put it together, just not produced by IV. I will take it either way.

TKM

I haven't looked into anything or heard from any performers, so, what is this "scenario" you are speaking of?

kcdcchef

Quote from: TKM on June 30, 2011, 09:55:58 PM
I haven't looked into anything or heard from any performers, so, what is this "scenario" you are speaking of?

Every year they do a "scenario", a scripted method to what every performer is doing, street performers, vulgarians, royalty, etc. It is generally based around the royalty. Generally KCRF changes their royalty around a LOT. For example, 3 years ago the scenario was Vulgarians invade, it was a pretty awesome scenario. If you go to the KCRF performers webpage, you can read all about the scenario. But I got an email from Cliff Lawson ( Devin from Jolly Rogers ) saying specifically he wasnt producing Human Chess, and IV usually does produce chess. But then on FB the KCRF staff said they might take it over this season. Then I got an email from Denise, Madame Red, and she said she heard they werent doing it, but the Faire might produce chess.

So we'll see.

TKM

right... yeah, I knew what the scenarios were, I just thought that maybe Brother Gregory had some info on exactly what they were doing this year. Oh well, I doubt my average day at faire will change much regardless

Butch

No human chess match this year.  It has been announced; HOWEVER, the scenario this year is supposed to end in a big brawl!  It should be a lot of fun!

Craigmeister

Will that be a big brawl every day or just the last day of the season?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

kcdcchef

Quote from: Butch on July 05, 2011, 10:33:59 PM
No human chess match this year.  It has been announced; HOWEVER, the scenario this year is supposed to end in a big brawl!  It should be a lot of fun!

For some reason Butch, they keep coming on their FB page saying it's still a possibility. I would wonder how, it is 8 weeks from zero hour, they would need to be producing it here pretty darned soon! Are you going off the same info I am going off of, the disclaimer Cliff/Devin put on the performers webpage? that is what I am going off of, but the KCRF continues to deny it on FB, saying, it MIGHT still happen.

Oh, Craigmeister, the big brawl is part of the scenario, it is a daily thing at 515 I believe. Which, puts it right in the middle of the Pub sing darnit!

Butch

My son is on cast this year, so I get it from his source.  They are planning on no human chess match this year.  They are planning on this big brawl every day, which should be lots of fun!

kcdcchef

Go look at the KCRF Facebook page, they are saying no decision, is my point. You keep saying "no human chess", and although I am friends with a number of performers myself, Madame Red and Devin from Jolly Rogers, as well as a couple vendors and other performers who all tell me it's off,  KCRF is still denying chess is off. Go look at their Facebook, they keep saying no decision has been made yet.

Butch

Well, who knows really until the very end? ???

kcdcchef

Oh, not trying to argue with you Butch! Just sayin' they keep saying on FB there is chess. It is weird one side says yes and the other says no ( performers say no, mgmt says yes ) Odd. Perhaps whomever runs their FB page is an intern and out of the loop. Or perhaps MGMT has something up their sleeve and hasn't told the performers, it really is just now getting to crunch time on rehearsals, 9 weeks out. I know they did a MGMT produced chess match a few years back, it was basically recycled material from previous years, but wasn't too shabby. Well, I will say this though, this brawl thing sounds COOL!