News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

First Visit (Advice for Tweens and Toddler in Tow?)

Started by Rosamundi, January 26, 2011, 10:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosamundi

Huzzah! So excited to visit your fine shire for the first time on Presidents' Day Weekend. We're road-tripping from Tucson. We'll have a toddler and two 'tweens in the party. Any suggestions for favorite kids' activities?
Garb: lovingly hand-washed, gently pressed, and hung in climate-controlled closet. Mundane clothing: usually on floor.

crazyrennie

Depending on the kids-the Dragon Slide,the Petting zoo are kinda fun for kids.
Some people geek out over the sand creations stuff as well
Crazy

Morgan Dreadlocke

From Tucson  its about a half hour quicker to travel north on Oracle, through Florence, to the site.  ;D
My intentions are to commandeer a venue, sail to Tortuga, then pick, strum and otherwise play me weasily black guts out.

Rosamundi

Thank you for the tip! We'll follow those driving directions for sure. Counting down. :-)
Garb: lovingly hand-washed, gently pressed, and hung in climate-controlled closet. Mundane clothing: usually on floor.

Norfolk

Mistress Rosamundi,

Somehow, the Baroness and I missed the pleasure of meeting you during your visits to Larkspurshire.  We sincerely hope that this misfortune may be remedied when we share a visit to Fairhaven during the Presidents' weekend.  Please keep an eye out for us, as we shall do for you. 

Will you be in attendance all three days, as we shall?

Prosit,

Baron & Baroness von Schaumburg
Just call me "Your Grace"

Marcos Charron

Good Suggestions all around.

Might want to think about letting them loose to their own devices?, we have a small but safe village and they can do and see as they want (tweens of course)

Marcos
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Rosamundi

I'd like to turn them all loose, but the 'tweens definitely will want to explore! Thank you!

Baron, I shall watch for you! I think we saw you and your fine lady at Larkspurshire last year, but I failed to properly introduce myself. My munchkin was enchanted by you, however, and she treasures the wishing stone you kindly gave her.

We'll be in Phoenix on two days of the weekend: Saturday as a group, and Monday, solo for me. We'll watch for you!

crazyrennie

Please come by the Falconers' Heath and say Hey-I'll be there all day-unless a bird flies away-

But I will return
Crazy

Norfolk

Rosamundi and crazyrennie,

The Baroness and I will be watching for you both, but if you happen to see us first, please flag us down.  We'll be in our rust-colored "travel" garb.   It's been nearly three months since our last festival "fix", so we're looking VERY much forward to our weekend in Fairhaven.

Cheers

Marcos Charron

Baron

Can't wait to see you and the Baroness, got my new tan garb for the big weekend, we can stand around and compare sewing styles.

Marcos

Norfolk

Ah, Sir Marcos,

Many of our most cherished memories are of conversation with fellow playtrons awaiting opening canon.  Consequently, we look forward with great anticipation to comparing sewing styles with you on the morning of the 19th.  New garb is always a treat, is it not?

Prosit!

PS:  The Baroness and I might have encountered one of your less fortunate relatives in Magnoliashire this past autumn.  He was neither French nor ... refined.  He did, however, have a most attractively adorned style of goblet for sale. 

Marcos Charron

Baron

Yes indeed, new garb is a treat, and I will be showing off my new things with relish and gusto!.

As for my poor cousin in Magnoliashire, refined he is not, but a true artist in all respects. I will have several of his wares for sale and show upon your arrival. Perhaps we can enjoy a beverage or two and you and the Baroness can comment on his works.

Marcos