News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Wheel of Time

Started by Ryk Rakham, January 26, 2011, 10:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryk Rakham

I'm 80% through with Towers of Midnight. Sanderson has done a great job holding Jordan's story together while actually making the story a little more fun to read. Jordan's magic is there and the stories have been great, leading up to the final battle. Can't wait to read the final installment "A Dream of Light" coming out next november. Also heard that a movie based on all 14 novels is in the works (a series of movies I'm sure).
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Mairte

I have all the books through Winters Heart, then got discouraged and decided to wait and see if it DID get finished. I enjoyed the books though.

Ryk Rakham

Quote from: Mairte on January 27, 2011, 08:01:55 AM
I have all the books through Winters Heart, then got discouraged and decided to wait and see if it DID get finished. I enjoyed the books though.

It's definitely finishing with Book 15 (A Dream of Light). Jordan finished most of the final 3 books and Sanderson is finishing them with help from Jordan's wife and volumes of notes and recordings, the last Battle will be Jordan's story for sure. Actually Sanderson has done great on books 13 and 14 and I look forward to finishing the series. Sanderson is a bit more entertaining, whereas Jordan's stuff was deep and complex. At times the series has ran a bit too long, but these past few books have been great. I would recommend going ahead and reading everything past Winter's Heart (I know that 6, 8 and 9 dragged on a bit) because lots of things happen that are leading up to the final battle. I'm glad I didn't stop reading when I was tempted to.
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Mairte

Thanks for the recommendation! I will do that. I did enjoy the books.

BamaWoodsman

I am a huge fan and was rather nervous about the future of the serious when RJ passed away but, Ryk is right.   Sanderson has done a great job continuing the series and although you can tell a slight difference in the writing style it is not enough to distract you if you are a long time reader.

Brother Gregory

I've read everything up to Winters Heart. I had Winters Heart just haven't read it I was getting tired of the long books and some seemed to me like it was going on and on about things  that had already happened and were starting to drag on. With this input I think I'm going to have to start reading them again from Winters Heart and finish the series. I really enjoy ed the books at first my wife gave me the first one as a present and I was hooked right away.