News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Castle Garden Creations

Started by Rowan MacD, February 13, 2011, 10:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

Are they still in business?  I tried to place an order and the checkout page will not let me fill in a required field (shipping mode) which results in not allowing me to complete the checkout process.
    My anitvirus is also alerting it as an unsecure website, so I'm not going to use my card info there.
I've ordered from them before, with no problems.
   I have sent an email to them.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

gem

I bought their corset back in 2008, and had problems with the forms then, too. A quick email to them cleared it up, but IIRC, it did take them a bit of time to respond.

Good luck! What did you order?

Rowan MacD

A Tudor gown and another farthinggale.   After pricing fabric around here lately, I can't make a gown for under $300 for the cost of materials and notions.
  For just $50.00 more I can have them make it.
  I bought a corset from them in 2007
IWG wench #3139 

DonaCatalina

I have ordered from them 3 times through email, last time was 2009. I have never actually ordered through their website because way back when they only had email contact. But they are very helpful people who do quality work.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Rowan MacD

Just got an e-mail form them:

"We're sorry about this. We're experiencing some problems with our shopping cart checkout system. the only way we can process an order right now is for you to copy your order, paste it into an email, and send it to this address. We will then discuss payment options."

I sent a reply asking if they need the measurement chart sent.  Last time I ordered she mentioned that the measurement info was linked via e-mail address or account/name to the customer. 
  I've seen the gowns they produce and talked to the ladies who bought them, so I know the quality is very good, and they all loved the fit and durability. The measurements they request are detailed and numerous, and they provide a well made, basic gown ready for decoration.
IWG wench #3139 

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Back in 2008, I did a variation of the Royal Blue Velveteen gown for Lady De la Warr for her wedding of one of the Castle Garden designs, which I see is no longer available. Rather than one piece, the ensemble was 5 major pieces, including detachable sleeves. Also a corset was added and 2 farthingales.

Where one sees trim, there are 4mm pearl clusters. Pearls on the underskirt as well. Getting that shade of velveteen was tough. Not a color one ses a lot of. I traveld to the Twin Cities to two different Mill End Fabric Outlets to get the rest I needed after I had bought what I could in Rochester.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2975160940025619629dzFwlF
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Rowan MacD

That is gorgeous!  Who did the jewelry?
 That looks similar to the Lady Sophia gown that's still available on the site.  Their version looks like all the pieces are sewn together:

http://98.130.184.182/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=28

I considered that gown briefly,  but I wanted a simpler one that would be more readily recognized as 'Tudor'.  To me the portuguese style looks sort of like a hybrid of Tudor and medieval.  It's those sleeves, they remind me of the mega-medieval gown on the Moresca site.
 I'm in love with the gathered silk shift that is shown with it.  I just wish they showed the shift by itself, as well as with the dress.
IWG wench #3139 

DonaCatalina

The portuguese gown is on my to do list.
I have always loved that painting by Tiziano.
But I don't think I look good in that color blue.
The jewellry on the bride looks like Sapphire & Sage work.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

gem

Quote from: Rowen MacD on February 14, 2011, 11:36:39 AM
  Just got an e-mail form them:

"We're sorry about this. We're experiencing some problems with our shopping cart checkout system. the only way we can process an order right now is for you to copy your order, paste it into an email, and send it to this address. We will then discuss payment options."

Rowen, this was *precisely* the response I got back in 2008 when I ordered my corset. I guess my advice is to be patient!!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Rowan!!  The jewels were done by www.sapphireandsage.com I have ordered several pieces from them for the Pelican Portrait gown I did. The Crown and Necklace. As well as the set Emerald and Ruby pieces I sewed for that gown ensemble. http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2899493590025619629HXRvGJ

Because this particular gown was done by another designer, I was inspired by the colors, then added other features that would vary it. We come in all shapes and sizes. Some clients have straight backs, others more curved. Which is why Custom Made and Measured works better in the long run fo those who cannot buy off the rack.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Rowan MacD

Castle Garden let me know the brocade is now ordered and they will keep me posted on the work in progress.  It was hard to decide to go Tudor or Elizabethan, but since hubby is Tudor the 'Anne' gown was the only choice.
   I ordered some loose bits from S&S recently along with a 3 tiered Cassandra brooch, and got them last week.  I'm putting together a modest chain of office for Hubby (the brooch is for me ^_^)  I'm trying to talk him into an 'Esses' chain.   

IWG wench #3139