News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Openeing weekend - getting inside the gates

Started by DonaCatalina, March 11, 2011, 03:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

So on average, how long does it take you to get through the 'homecoming' at the gate and out into the rest of the faire?

I think it now takes us nearly 30 minutes.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

In the past, it's taken us about 3 or 4 minutes at Scarby, but in the past, it was just the 4 of us from the LR area. Now, who knows?!? Nim and I are counting the hours! Our friends that we're bringing, well...we've been trying to get them on this forum. Maybe before the faire opens!

When we last visited Scarby, we had just joined R/F, and we were way introverted about the group. Now, after getting to know a bunch of you, we'll be less of wallflowers!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Merlin

I usually teleport directly to Cat n Fiddle

Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Bonny Pearl

For us it depends on how much time we spend in parking lot with our morning libations lol. Sometimes we don't make it in until well after cannon.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

SirRichardBear

Depends if I know I need to do something wedding or Royal highlander for example then I get in line early and its normally about 15 minutes.  If nothing is going on first thing then I hang around the parking lot till things clear out about 30 minutes or so then just walk in.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin