News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

KCRF Thoughts?

Started by Butch, September 04, 2010, 09:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

Sorry I didn't see you yesterday!  It was pretty crowded.  Got to the parking lot, and were getting our gear situated when the opening cannon went off.  We left around 3:30.  Couldn't stay to the end yesterday.

We stood at the gate to Shadowgate Downs from about 1:25 to 1:54.  Right beside the Veg-Ta-Ble Justice sign.  Regret I didn't see anyone from R/F at that time.

Did see Gem a bit after that, by the whirly ride behind the Washing Well Wenches stage.  Great couple of people, Gem and her husband!

Hey, what did Gary Siler sing at the Pub Sing?  Sex and Beer?  I visited with him several days during the run of the KCRF.  He is quite talented.  I requested The Ballad of Barbara Allen early on in the season.  He didn't know it well enough to play it, but apparantly he practiced it for me, and sang it yesterday!  What a great honor!

Tamtaro

I love that the performer practiced and played your song request!  We have great performers  :)
The Pub Sing has not yet made my "play"list, but everyone says it's so fun!  I'd better give it a shot next year.

Tamtaro

What a fun and happy festival season!  I'm already counting down till 2011 & starting a new savings jar  :P  I spent my last day on Saturday shooting archery down by the Royal Glade, playing Crystal Stix, seeing the Musical Blades, Jolly Rogers, Musical Blades, Bob the Incredible Juggler, Fairy Dance & Jason Divad!!  I ate two crepes (I even took a picture of one of them, so I can drool over it all year) and some fish & chips (because you can't get those any other time of year...ha!) & part of a peasant pastry.  I spent way too much money on bottles of water, and only bought myself one souvenir – a wooden utensil set from Tri Canis Nox "to transform the basic ritual of eating into a celebration."  I do a lot of celebrating – yum! ;D  The end of the day found me swaying gently in a Sky Chair watching dusk fall over hushed grounds.

Magical.

guinea

For all who missed the final pub sing of the season, the Jolly Rogers performed a very touching rendition of Mengelay to celebrate their 20th year.  They had Clint Glidewell (Calico Jack of the original Rogers) on stage and included the Musical Blades as well as all the other stage acts and the King and Queen.  It's the best version I've ever heard them sing.  Many teary eyes on and off stage. :-) There's an awesome panoramic picture of the whole this running around Facebook as well as a video on YouTube.  Sad for this year to be over, time to prepare for next season!

Aniroaldawen

KCRF '10 certainly went out with a bang!! I was COMPLETELY blown away by the Rogers' closing the faire with Mingulay (which turned into the whole dang cast closing the faire with Mingulay); yeah, I was the wench with the pink flowers in her hair sitting in front of the stage videoing the song and sobbing her eyes out. I've never had a better time at KCRF than I did this year. I miss it already!! <3

Tiff

as a first time attendee, I was very impressed and look forward to spending a couple of days there next year! 

MickyofOgrot

Wow, Thanks for all of the positive feedback, everyone!

I'd have to say my favorite moments of 2010 were being involved in the Human Combat Chess Match, playing 'dress up' at the final pubsing and performing our 'we should have been fired' level of risque parody of the Musical Blades, and playing a near-packed show at the Glade. 

Oh, and I can't forget the Pubsing where us, The Beerside Scoundrels, and the Jolly Rogers peformed the mash-up 'Donalds Drunken Blood'.

It was an amazing time, and we all look forward to coming back in 2011.

Butch

Alright Micky!  Good to see you here!  Sorry I missed the final pub sing; it sounds like it was a real hit.

MickyofOgrot

Ogrot Presents: I Love the 1490s!

Here is a sample of our show for anyone who is interested.  The video of the really naughty song from the last pubsing is also on youtube, but I'm gonna mae you look for it.  ;D

Butch

Butch

Gonna try really hard to see you guys at Waxy O'Shea's on 4 Mar!