News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

If I only had the $$

Started by cassietheig, June 12, 2008, 11:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cassietheig

Classes on: Blacksmithing, Bow & Arrow Making, Spinning & Weaving, Herblore & tons more. I so wish I had the wherewithall to attend! Sounds like this would be three days well spent.

http://www.celtnet.org/events-page14233.html

Spinster

Well, if you're within distance, I can teach spinning and weaving...
I've been turned into a cow. May I be excused?

cassietheig

I would love that, but it looks like according to your profile you are in FL. I am in CA so that would be a bit of a drive  ;)

I have always wanted to learn to spin. I even went so far as purchasing a drop spindle on ebay, but I could never get the hang of it from the directions on the brochure.  :P

Growing up we raised suffolk sheep and I so wish my Mom would have kept some of the wool for spinning.

Spinster

heh... Don't think the gas prices would support the idea for the trip.

The little brochures are pretty well useless when it comes to learning to spin. It's much easier if you get the opportunity to actually watch somebody, and learn from them personally.

Do you know what brand spindle it is? The quality of the spindle itself makes a big difference, too.

Arsinoe Selene

I took a spinning class last summer, on a drop spindle. The teacher thought I was so good, she moved me up to a wheel I think less than a week after learning the spindle. :) I like the "charge and park" method I learned in the class. I don't know the official term.

I, too, am in CA. SF East Bay.

Spinster

hehe... That's what I call it! Close enough for those of us who know how to spin.