News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Closing Weekend

Started by Jared Thorne, July 09, 2011, 10:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared Thorne

Well, it is official ... Ariyana and I, along with our daughter Breena, will be in attendance on Sunday. And believe it or not, we will try to be there either before or at the start of the faire (we have very rarely made gate at ORF, and it is an hour away, and I won't even get started as to how late we usually arrive at the Castle before a Knight's Tourney). Anyhow, I will hope to see as many of you who will be in attendance tomorrow, and hope that the weather isn't too unbearable.

Grammercy,
Jared Thorne
aka Sir Charles of Loveland Castle
KOGT
Rogue #261
LVH #76
IFRP #80

Seleyna Eirian

It was wonderful to see you both there, I am just sorry that it was mostly in passing. However, that is mostly how our day was. It was wonderful, but hectic. We were unable to give proper hellos to most of our dear friends. I hope that you and yours are all doing well and that it was a fabulous faire day for you all.
wench #3888
loveland castleteer
peacock . gypsy . pirate

Jared Thorne

Quote from: Seleyna Eirian on July 11, 2011, 10:03:20 AM
It was wonderful to see you both there, I am just sorry that it was mostly in passing. However, that is mostly how our day was. It was wonderful, but hectic. We were unable to give proper hellos to most of our dear friends. I hope that you and yours are all doing well and that it was a fabulous faire day for you all.

Yes, it was a great day and I wish that we could have seen more of you and yours but that is how things go sometimes. Hopefully, we will see you later on this year down at the Castle (the Knight's Tourney is this Saturday, in case you are wondering) and at OhRF. Oh, and at the Castleteer event as well.

All things told, Sunday was a great day. Got to see a few acts but spent most of the time with Breena who did not want to leave the kids play area. As a matter of fact, she crashed in the car before we had even left the faire site. Weather was rather warm, but we dealt with it the best we could. I am glad that we made the effort to travel to the Highland Ren Fest this year, as I think it might become one of our favorites for the future.
Jared Thorne
aka Sir Charles of Loveland Castle
KOGT
Rogue #261
LVH #76
IFRP #80

Capt Lucy

Well, I barely saw you Jared and Selina I didn't even know you were there!!!  I did see your mom and Lee's boy though :)
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

Seleyna Eirian

It is by far one of my favorite faires. It really is. Cast, and all of the vendors make it a wonderful wonderful place to be. I'm hoping to make it to Castle Day this Saturday, at least for a little bit since I have the afternoon off, but there are a few other things that I'm supposed to be doing as well. We have the little one again this coming weekend, so maybe, if it's not too terribly hot, I might be able to convince my pirate to go for a few hours.

And without a doubt, we will be at the Castleteer event this fall. Isn't there one in Sept/Oct sometime...?

Lucy, we got there later on in the day, around 2pm. So we didn't really have much of a chance to say hello to anyone. I saw Liam in the play area, he's getting more and more handsome every time I see him, I swear :) And Mom and Greg had Marcus for part of the day, she makes a fantastic grandma. I saw you in passing once or twice, and you looked fabulous as always, mdear.
wench #3888
loveland castleteer
peacock . gypsy . pirate

Lady Lowrye verch Jankyns

I was hoping to go the last weekendbut it didn't work out.  Looking forward to Ohio next and maybe meeting some of you there (and at Kentucky next year!)
Lady Lowrye
"What I lack in talent, I make up for in attitude."

Pickles

We were having a wonderful time until my foot found a hole as the fairies left the chess board.  Ankle and wrist are both sprained.