News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Annual M'Crack National Family Gathering KYHRF INFO

Started by Capt Lucy, April 13, 2011, 05:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Lucy

Here's the spot where I will list the attendees, hotel info, meet n greet info, Saturday night event info...etc!

4th Annual M'Crack National Family Gather'n
Friday July 1st: 6pm to ?? Meet N Greet at Brendan O'Sheas in Louisville
Saturday July 2nd: After opening gate we will assemble for our annual "Pilgrimage to the Pub" (named after our Patriarch of the Clan M'Crack – HooDoo)
Saturday July 2nd Evening: After faire close, Clan Gathering at Scriber's Station (Party room/bar at the back of the building for M'Crack family members and PETs only)
Sunday July 3rd: Sunday Faire & Farewells

M'Crack Attendees
Lairde High Cheekton Div'n M'Crack + Tracy
Lairde Hamish & Sniff'n (Ed & Linda)
Lairde Guard'n & Peddlin'
Fist'n (Lord William Campbuel) & Wine'n & FOCM Lady Sky (+1 PET)
Pinn' & Chuck'n
Laird Dubl'n & Lepus Rook'n
Prod'n & Pok'n
Blow'n
Booty'n (Capt Lucy)
Tinker'n & Toll'n (Tinker & Belle)
Spydr'n
Duncan & Sword'n (Maybe)
Slack'n (Capt Faye)
Shutterin' (Ladyhawkeonthehill)
Chime'n (Cherbear)
Nailin'
Wolf'n and Massage'n
Shoot'n
Flog'n (+1 PET)
Pink'n
Spin'n
(Jim I forgot your name, i'll get it this weekend)
Ratz'n
Pussy'n (+1 FOCM)
Stitch'n
Pretty'n & High'n
Tok'n & Witch'n
Hook'n
Pictur'n M'Crack
Mead'n
Lady'n
Chain'n
Pierce M'Crack

PETs
Cullen Montgomery
Chas Hinton (aka...The King)
Katie McBrewer
Angus (John George)

FoCMs
Warcat Blue +2
Amy

(Lists will be updated periodically)

LODGING
Best Western Shelbyville Lodge - Our Official KYHRF, Faire Lodge
web site:  http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=18051
114 Isaac Shelby Dr. At KY 55
Shelbyville, Kentucky, 40065
Phone: 502-633-4400

Be sure to mention you are with the M'Cracks.  There are supposed to be 15 or so blocked for us at a rate of $62.99 + tax.  All reservations must be made by June 16th in order to secure the rate.  DO NOT WAIT to book your rooms!!  This weekend is the SAME weekend at the NASCAR race that will be held in KY for the first time so everything in the area will fill up fast and you will not find anything if you wait!!

BEST WESTERN SHELBYVILLE LODGE Amenities
•   Continental Breakfast
•   Pets Allowed
•   Data Ports
•   Car Rent Desk
•   Family Rooms
-       Outdoor Pool
BEST WESTERN SHELBYVILLE LODGE Driving Directions
DIRECTION TO THE PROPERTY FROM ALL DIRECTIONS. THE BEST WESTERN SHELBYVILLE LODGE IS LOCATED AT INTERSTATE 64 AND HIGHWAY 55 AT EXIT 32B.

Lairde Hamish has also invited the M'Cracks to stay onsite at the campground.  So for any of you who wish to camp there will be space available.   It is primitive camping only however there will be a couple of port-o-pots for us and the showers will be available.   ALL PEOPLE WISHING TO CAMP MUST BE REGISTERED PRIOR TO THAT WEEKEND!  So please let me know if you would like to and I will make sure you get the proper form to fill out.  (This campground is only used by cast, vendors and staff of the faire so he will need to be able to let security know who will be coming and going)

FAIRE INFO
Web site:  http://www.kyrenfaire.com

Hours are: 10am – 7pm
Located @ 955 Elm St. Eminence KY, 40019

Driving Directions to KYHRF:
From Lexington or Louisville: I-64 to Exit 35 (Shelbyville Exit). Turn north towards Shelbyville. (You'll pass a Cracker Barrel on the right) Travel north on Hwy 55 for 12 miles or so when you will reach Eminence. In Eminence turn right onto HWY 22 (Look for the Dairy Queen and turn Right onto 22). Drive half a mile. Venue is on the right across from Southern States. The drive for the venue is gravel and surrounded by fence.

From North: Take I-71S to Hwy 421E (Exit 34) to Hwy 55S through New Castle then Left onto Hwy 22 in Eminence.

I also would like to remind everyone coming that cash is not accepted by the food/drink vendors.  You MUST buy "coins of the realm" in order to purchase food and drink.  I would suggest getting them BEFORE you go in for the simple fact that if you don't, you will have to stand in a line of other M'Cracks to get them THEN get your Guinness  ;)

FRIDAY MEET N GREET
Brendan O'Sheas Pub in Louisville (this is NOT the same O'Sheas we went to last time, it's closer to freeways and the hotel - same franchise though)
http://www.osheaslouisville.net/brendans.php
3921 Shelbyville Rd
Louisville, KY 40207
502-895-1212

Parking lot in back or on street.  We will have a nice patio area to hang out in.  Yes they serve food (pub fare). Yes they have Guinness on tap ;)

Saturday night July 3rd (M'Crack family members and PETs only please)
8:00pm - M'Crack Family After Hours Gathering at Scriber's Station (next to the faire site)
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scribers-Station-on-Elm/117097591643433?sk=info
697 Elm St
Eminence, KY 40019

Hamish has reserved their back room just for us!  Cash bar.  Dinner will be $10 per person and will include pulled pork, cole slaw, baked beans, a roll, & tea
It's air conditioned and also has a patio area

Yes they are getting a keg of Guinness just for us (they don't normally have it)

M'Crack Schedule!!!

Friday July 2nd

6pm on: Brendan O'Sheas Pub

Saturday July 3rd:
9:00am - Gather in the parking lot to get ready for opening gate
10:00am - Opening Gate (be sure to get your "coins of the realm" for drinks & food!)
Shortly after: Annual M'Crack Pilgrimage to Hoodoo's Pub!!!  
11:00am M'Crack family photo (meet at the Pub)
3:00 Hoodoo's Pub Chieftan's Toast
8:00pm til ?? M'Crack family gathering at Scriber's Station (next to the faire site)

Sunday

Faire open 10am to 7pm
Farewells

(I will keep this info updated as best I can, if you have anything to add please let me know!)

Booty'n M'Crack
Cruise Director, Clan O'Treasaigh
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

CaraGreenleaf

Put myself and my husband down as maybe's....depends on funds this year!
Castleteer, IWG# 3606, MERC# 836, PRIV# 1311
Flog'n M'Crack, Chieftess of O'Cinneide

Corseter, Costumer and Crochete

Pinn

Lady Pin'n and Chuck'n will be there and we will be camping also.
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

max and kate

Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Capt Lucy

"There will be an area for M'Crack camping only. It will all be primitive, there aren't any types of hookups in that area, but we will have a couple of porta potties there, and it is close enough to the shower house for everyone to be able to shower and use the facility, there is even washers and dryers. The dinner and gathering that Saturday evening will actually be right next door to the site at Scriber Station, they have built a private banquet room, with a private bar, and we have reserved it for that night. It is walking distance from the faire site. They will cater the dinner, and there will be a cash bar."

"Generators are okay if they are quiet"

I'll add this to the above info later...  kind of running around a bit with family today.
Booty'n Penny

Old Tinker

Quote from: Capt Lucy on April 19, 2011, 03:26:01 PM
"There will be an area for M'Crack camping only. It will all be primitive, there aren't any types of hookups in that area, but we will have a couple of porta potties there, and it is close enough to the shower house for everyone to be able to shower and use the facility, there is even washers and dryers. The dinner and gathering that Saturday evening will actually be right next door to the site at Scriber Station, they have built a private banquet room, with a private bar, and we have reserved it for that night. It is walking distance from the faire site. They will cater the dinner, and there will be a cash bar."

"Generators are okay if they are quiet"

I'll add this to the above info later...  kind of running around a bit with family today.

well done Booty'n, now we're "CRUISE'N",
OT & B...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Carl

Ah we won't be able to make the National this year.But hope to get to KY in early june .We will be at GLMF and MIRF for the M'Crack weekends. have fun !
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

Blue66669

Oooops, sorry, I posted in the wrong thread. WarCat along with Annabelle the Royal Guard, as well as Serghei and Lucien Dracul from the Transylvanian Court of TRF will be in attendance. We come to rock the house. Take no prisoners and keep the beer flowing!

UPDATE!!!
Looks as if I will have the entirety of the Braggart Family SideCircus with me! I get to travel with a carload of carnies LOL! Anyone wanna take bets on who will be walking on glass first this weekend?
Blaidd Drwg

Fistn MCrack

From Texas please add The LHC's girlfriend Tracy (not a pet .....yet), of course Spydr'n, Rimm (maybe his g/f) and the newest member of our clan. My most favorite M'Crack. My lovely wife Wine'n. and finally Our favorite Focm Lady Sky.
Fist'n M'Crack,
Tanaiste of Clan M'Crack
Occulus Nox,
Knight of Cuchulain
Knight Order of the Thistle

Lady Renee Buchanan

Alas, due to our restaurant, we can't be there, but here's a funny story from the TN Renaissance Festival, where we were this weekend.

Steve had to use the privvies, and on the way there, it started to rain really hard.  So he continued on, and I ducked into a shop.  He eventually came back, and we - and a group of people - ended up staying in the shop for about 20 minutes until the rain let up.

The shop proprietor saw my RF pin and said, "Oh, you are part of the group that's here this weekend."  I said yes I was, then she said, "And there's another group here, I forget their name."  I said, "The M'Cracks, and we also belong to them."

At which point she shook her head and said, "I have a shop at the Kentucky Renaissance Faire, and there was a group of them there last year.  I've never seen anything like them before and what went on at that faire."

And of course I said, "Wait till this year, July 4th weekend for the National Gathering.  There'll be even MORE of them there this year."

And while she was shaking her head and saying "Oh, no, not again, not more," we were laughing and saying goodbye!   ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Hibernian

If all goes well, my boyo (the tallest leapus) Rook'n and I will be in Kentucky for at least Saturday. Unfortunately, Heal'n will be tending to her patients in Carolina that weekend.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

max and kate

Due to an unexpected financial cost (clothes dryer taking a crap) we will not be able to afford the trip to Kentucky (sigh) but we do hope to recoup our losses and make it to GLMF for the next Gathering.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Fistn MCrack

UPDATE FROM TEXAS: Rimm and G/F will not be attending but we are bringing another pet and have heard rumblings from Sword'n and even the elusive Duncan that they might be able to go.
Fist'n M'Crack,
Tanaiste of Clan M'Crack
Occulus Nox,
Knight of Cuchulain
Knight Order of the Thistle

Old Tinker

Quote from: Fistn MCrack on June 07, 2011, 02:06:23 PM
UPDATE FROM TEXAS: Rimm and G/F will not be attending but we are bringing another pet and have heard rumblings from Sword'n and even the elusive Duncan that they might be able to go.

very well then,
Booty'n, did thee get this update ?
come'n closer to the days of the National event, HUZZAH !!
OT & B...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Capt Lucy

Got it luv... will update as soon as I get a second.  In order to do an update, I have to update FIVE message boards so it takes some time.  I promise it will be done soon.  I also have the info for Friday night and saturday details as well :)
Booty'n Penny