News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2011 Season Tickets Available

Started by KiltedPrivateer, April 16, 2011, 10:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiltedPrivateer

Don't know about y'all - but I'm less than impressed.  Basically, if you get them at the $250 price, TRF will throw in the last weekend for free.  No free camping, no extra perks.  In fact, not much of a benefit at all.

From the email - https://trf.nodussolutions.com/
From the main TRF website - http://www.texrenfest.com/buy-tickets

I'm really hoping that the $350 is a typo since its more than buying 17 tickets at $18/ticket ($306).  Oh don't forget the awesome transaction fee.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

BryanPopp

but they are only $250 if you buy them now!!!!!!!!
I spent less on 2 FOF passes at Scarby and they come with extras.

Merlin the Elder

That certainly puts Scarborough FoF passes in a much better light than some saw them in at the first of the year.  I think we all just have to get used to the idea that things are going to be more expensive now. Several decades on economic sins are coming back to bite us on the tush.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

BryanPopp

TRF's season passes have always been priced that high, it's not just this year.

Merlin the Elder

Really?!?! Maybe that's why I don't go... ;)  It's been a long time since we went to TRF ... 1989 +/- ... I think the sheer size of it is what we didn't like about it. Don't take me wrong, that's not a dig. It's just our preference to be somewhere about the size of Scarby or smaller.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Breandan

For clarity, it DOES look like a typo, since in the column to the left it says they are $250.
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

cyberrennie

Scarby $115 for FOF (bought early), 2 free tkts for first 2 weekends, close parking, water and gatorade, a pin and discount on Souvenir... and tkts to Screams-  TRF, $250 for 17 tkts....

Kids $20 Scarby, $100 TRF.

Kind of puts it in perspective for me.

angusmacinnes

A season pass to TRF for $250 is laughable.  Sorry, not gonna happen here.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Breandan

With things as tight as they are financially, and about to get worse (ESPECIALLY gas prices), gate prices that high will be a serious turn off for many potential customers. I'm not saying they won't attend, but they will attend a lot fewer weekends than they would otherwise. If there's no room for budging on the budget, then there's not a lot TRF can do and they will simply have to take the hit. If there is any wiggle room, however, it would behoove the Powers That Be to consider cutting the prices as much as they can. I hate to see ANY fair have troubles, but I am also a businessman and I know how short-term profit seeking can royally screw a business in the long run.
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

KiltedPrivateer

I can agree completely - Our little girl starts school this August and its gonna hit our pocket books hard.  We are already talking about less faire this year and next.  High prices will only make that decision easier.  And "less" may turn into "none" or "one time only"
Lover of Lady Kitara

maeven

I'm hoping by the time TRF comes around this year, our budget will be a little more solid that way we can figure out how many times we will be able to attend. With gas prices the way they are and the fact that it takes us around an hour and a half to two hours, that might have a hand in it too.
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

KiltedPrivateer

Yeah I agree - I really hope the gas prices come down.
Lover of Lady Kitara

ravic

If I didn't work at TRF, I couldn't afford to go to TRF more than one day a year. If that.

LadyJessica

Well I'm thinking of getting the group tickets this year if you'd like to join me in that.  That'd make the ticket $15/person but it wouldn't include opening weekend.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Terre Albert

Available until the end of the month!

The King & Queen would like to extend a special offer to all the graduates in the kingdom for a job well done! The $50 Graduation 4-Pack comes with (4) discounted Adult tickets to the 37th Annual Texas Renaissance Festival! Offer is available only through May 29th so act now! Visit https://trf.nodussolutions.com/PackageDetails.aspx?PackageID=9 to purchase your Graduation 4-Pack today!

$12.50 per ticket and the tickets are good for any day.

This will most likely be the lowest ticket package of the season.