News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Serendipity Haven

Started by alyria stargazer, June 13, 2008, 04:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alyria stargazer

Serendipity Haven Invites You!!!

Do you enjoy working at festivals or have you always wanted to be involved with a faire from the ground up? Or do you simply enjoy getting dressed up and partaking in good food, friends and shows? Well very soon we are going to be having several festivals and Events all at the same location, and we would love to invite you into our family!

Mission Statement:
Serendipity Haven is bringing Fantasy and Fun back to Rocky Hill Ranch in Smithville TX. We aim to create a place for people of all walks of life to have a common ground to come together have a wonderful experience and make new friends. We want to create experiences that will stay with you for the rest of your life and the life of your children in the future days to come. We will be catering not only Renaissance Community but also to the Pagan Community, Green Organizations, Children's Organizations, Family Events, as well as hosting Reunions, Soul Joinings and other types of Social Gatherings. This will be a home for you, a home for me and a home for anyone else who wants to come together with their brothers and sisters and just have a good time doing something they love!

--------------------------------------

Who we are:
G.M. Bill Slette
Asst. G.M. Alyria Stargazer
Artistic Director Chameleon Dreams
Entertainment Coordinator Kaade
Weddings and Special Events Coordinator Jaime Olson
Web Master Milan Krakora
Graphics Adviser Fran Hunter

Schedule Of Events:

First off,
Every 3rd Saturday of the month we are having overnight Drum Jams that we are calling Rhythm and Stars. So bring your tent some mead and a musical instrument and join us under the stars and next to the bonfire =) This is an excellent opportunity to get the public aware of the fact that we are getting things going again at Rocky Hill and for any prospective vendors or entertainers to get to know eachother and discuss the world of Faire. This is a BYO- Everything Event and there is a $5.00 fee per person that covers camping, parking and access to any activities or entertainment we may have planned for the evening. All proceeds go to improvement of the grounds and preparing for future Faires and events.

Second, our first festival is a One day Faerie Bazzar to be held on June 28th. We know it is short notice but providence has smiled and made events go faster than expected and we think we are ready =) . Next year it will be a full blown Faerie Festival but this year we are going to wet our feet with an open air Faerie Bazzar of unique hand crafted items and wandering Faeries and musicians. There will be NO ADMISSION to this event, but there is a $5.00 camping fee per person.
We will have Crafters, Merchants, Artists and Entertainers to make this a Magical experience!

The next will be a Fantasy Festival that will be held the first 3 weekends of September. The first 2 weekends will be open to all and will have fun themes. We are thinking maybe a Cavelier/Musketeer Days or maybe a Dress as your favorite Famous Fantasy Character... but we are going to try something a little different and make the last weekend an 18 and up Pirate Invasion! Yar!! =) Still a work in progress but if you have any questions at all do not hesitate to ask! We will answer as best as we can. 

We are also contemplating a One weekend Christmas Festival in early December, but have not made a concrete decision as of yet.

We are Scheduling a Spring Festival the first 3 weekends of March in 2009 and we will improve upon our existing festivals from there.

We are currently seeking Merchants, Demonstrators, Food Vendors and Entertainers to join us on our journey in creating venues for those who enjoy all things Faire. We are always looking for suggestions from you the people who make the
Faire go Round =)

If you are interested in knowing more here are a few more details:

G.M. - Bill Slette
                  Email: my78957@yahoo.com
Asst. G.M. - Alyria Stargazer
                  Email: alyria_stargazer@yahoo.com
Weddings and Special Events - Jaime Olson
Entertainment Director - Kadde
Artistic Director - Chameleon Dreams
Land Owner: Grey Hill
Leaser of Rocky Hill Ranch: R.B. Phelps
www.RockyHillRanch.net
www.myspace.com/rocky_hill_ranch

We are looking for Vendors and Entertainment of all kinds.

For the Faerie Bazzar/Festival we are, of course, looking for goods along the lines of Faeries and Fantasy. We also prefer handcrafted items but will still accept a small percentage of imports. Since we are having a Fantasy Festival the first 3 weekends of Sept. and the first 3 weekends of March we have plenty of room for everyone to come and play! We don't want to exclude anyone from joining our family and having a good time so we are interested in anyone who is interested in us!

As for food, in my opinion you can never have enough variety at any festival! We are looking for the main staples, turkey legs, baked potatoes, Corn on the knob... but we are also looking for Kettle Corn, Ice cream, baked goods, coffee, candies and chocolates, Greek and Mediterranean cuisines... anything that would appeal to you will appeal to someone else is what we are thinking and with all the venues we will eventually be having we know there will be a place for everyone!

Entertainment goes along the same lines. In fact I am planning the last weekend of the Sept. faire to be an 18 and up event so we can have a few more bawdy shows then would normally be accepted at a regular faire. I have a 2 year old that I love bringing to Faire with me but sometimes its nice to run around and be a little extra crazy without having to worry about scaring some poor child for life =P. This does NOT mean there will be Drunken Naked Debauchery all around but people can loosen up a bit more without fear of upset mothers ganging up on them at the Privies =)

You can email me or call me at any time if you have any questions. I would love to talk to anyone who would like to be apart of something wonderful, or just wants to hang out and do a little drumming.  Hopefully we will all get the chance to hang out and have some fun soon!

Advertising:

We will be putting out fliers as soon as possible (Friday) in Austin (Saturday in Elgin) and will be getting them out to "Faire Friendly" Shops in places Like San Marcos, San Antonio, Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston soon!! We will hopefully be getting a billboard up in the near future along with adds in the papers! If you would like I am also linking as many "Faire-minded" people as I can to our website so if this interests you let me know =)

Volunteers Program

We are looking for people with spare time and the willingness to stick it out till we can pay them what they are worth. As it stands we are a "Tips and Tapes" festival but I am in the process of getting Investors, Sponsors and Grants lined up to help with all of that. The outpour of people wanting this to happen has been much higher than expected so we are asking that you bear with us through the first few events till we can give everyone their proper dues and get everything settled into its proper place. I know that several other faires have come and gone in the last few years due to lack of funds and I want everyone to know that that will not be the case here. It just takes time for the applications and what not to go through and for the proper channels to be accessed. We can make it on our own till then and want to give people a festival to attend as soon as possible.
If you are interested in joining our Volunteer Program contact Alyria Stargazer.

(If you want to help out with advertising feel free to repost or print out and pass around the Event Descriptions pages =))

~~~~~~Event Descriptions~~~~~~

Serendipity Faerie Bazzar

located on the
Rocky Hill Ranch
2 miles East down FM 153 off HWY 71
www.RockyHillRanch.net

Date and Time:
June 28th, 2008
10am-7pm

Event Description:
This event is an open air bazzar featuring unusual hand crafted items from local artisans. It is also a chance for folks to dress up and come out to play! It will start off this year as a simple market, but by next year we plan to have a full blown Faerie Festival complete with entertainment as well as demonstrations and workshops. We are seeking talent from all around the realm to join us as we celebrate all things Faerie!

Event City:
Smithville, TX

Nearby Cities:
Bastrop, La Grange, Elgin and San Marcos...

Admission:
There will be NO Admission for this event unless you intend to camp.

Costume Policy:
We highly encourage you to come in costume! It makes a more magical experience for everyone!

Picnic/Alcohol/Animal Policy:
No food or drinks are allowed inside the festival grounds.
Service Animals ONLY please!

Camping Policy:
- Primitive camping will be available up the hill for $5.00 per person.
- R.V. hookups with elect. and water will be available near the restaurant for $15.00 per day.

Weapons Policy:
- All weapons will be subject to approval and must be peace tied AT ALL TIMES!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rhythm and Stars
Come and Join us every month for friends, fun and music!!

-Serendipity Haven Festival Grounds located on the
Rocky Hill Ranch Smithville TX
on the left 2 miles east down FM 153 off Hwy 71
www.RockyHillRanch.net <http://www.rockyhillranch.net/>

Nearby Cities:
Smithville, Bastrop, La Grange, Elgin, San Marcos...

Date and Times:
- Every Third Saturday of the month (unless we have a multiple weekend event that would overlap)
- Gates open Sat. at 3pm and close Sunday at Noon.

Admission:
- Each individual will be charged $5.00
This includes Parking, Camping, Admission and access to any shows or activities we have going on that night!!

Vending Specs:
- Vendors are welcome for a $10.00 fee and 3 days notice
you may come to set up any time on Sat., just call to let us know what time you would like to show up so we can meet you there.

Description of Event:
- Drumming, dancing , singing and camping under the stars-
A BYO-Everything event, but we will have water for sale as well as soda and chips. Every month vendors will be welcome to set up and peddle their wares and different activities will be available for your enjoyment. At sunset we will light the Bonfire and commence with the singing, dancing and drumming till we crawl off into our tents to sleep beneath the starry sky.

Animal Policy:
-Service animals only please!

Weapons Policy:
-NO WEAPONS will be allowed on the site. If you are found using a weapon that is NOT necessary for camping in a manner unsuitable for its intended purpose you will be removed from the grounds and banned from all following activities! VIOLENCE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!

If you are interested in Vending or Volunteering for any of our events contact me at: alyria_stargazer@yahoo.com OR check out our website at www.serendipityhaven.com

We are the Music Makers and we are the Dreamers of Dreams...
Mistress of Serendipity Haven..
Guppy No. 64.

Queen Bonnie

Huzzah! Sounds wonderous! I will be there with my crystal ball, Dragon and wand!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Element of Air

YAY! You friended me on MySpace and I am really excited about this. Only thing is that the Bazaar will be taking place the day of the Austin AARG. I could go to the bazaar during the day and go to the AARG that night but it would make for a long day.

I will have to see if I can make it to anything else. Might carpool with someone.
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

Queen Bonnie

Twas good to see you and Chameleon dreams on sat night. I will be at your faire with wands, staffs and wire wrapped Magical Crystals. Midnight Ferret is coming too! Want to go with us Element of Air?
Wingardium Leviosa!

Element of Air

Ooo OOOooo OOOOoooOOOOoo

PLEASE!!!!!
Can I come too!!!!

I am free the 28th during the day but will also be attending the AARG that night. Only thing is that I will be with out Chris, he has work that day. However if we can plan it to where I can go and we can get to the AARG and not waste a bunch of gas with me going to Meow Manner then to Dog and Ducks, because if that happens chris will have to take his truck downtown and it guzzles gas. Not much money to spare for that.

Can we find a way to where I don't have to drive and he can take my car to work for the day and someone can tote me around everywhere. Then at the AARG he can come in my car and we can then go home together from there?

I dont know of anyone who is willing to come get me though.... Unless Bear or Molden go and pick me up on their way out to Smithville. It is still a little out of their way to get me... :(

Any one willing?

(Did I just make ANY since?  ??? :P ;D )
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

Queen Bonnie

I renn mailed you ride info Element- but now she is not going. Drat.
I hope it will be well attended.
Wingardium Leviosa!

Moon Dawg

I am picking Element of Aire up and bringing her so thats done but am I to understand I canna fill my mug and take it on the grounds?
Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony
Wizard to the Kingdom of Onondaga

Queen Bonnie

Oh good! Glad you are both coming.
Tailgating anyone?
Wingardium Leviosa!

alyria stargazer

Yes you can! our event is a BYOB ;)......
At least till we get our permit through ;D

Alyria
We are the Music Makers and we are the Dreamers of Dreams...
Mistress of Serendipity Haven..
Guppy No. 64.

Moon Dawg

I just got an email saying I canna bring my mug in. I don't know how long I will be staying but I will check it out and take a few pic's anyway.
Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony

Queen Bonnie

Back from Serendipity Haven! It is well named!  Huzzah and hugs to all that made this happen.  This was my first time as a vendor and I actually sold several crystals and a wand! MMM$$$  There was a breeze and the heat did not find us under the ancient oak trees.  There was a pub and food and a nice assortment of vendors and a 7 piece band from Denton and Kade playing and I sang one song- memories of the Bedlam Bards!  People were camping and much merriment was had.There were such good vibes at the old Excal site- I can only see this getting more exciting and growing. I sure plan to go again in Sept. And Bear brought his cooler and mug in! So did I. I saw old friends and met new friends! This is a fun faire! Looking forward to MORE!
  So is my evil twin! They are doing an 18 and older pirate invasion in Sept!  My Sis will be up for that- yo ho! I encourage all in the Austin area to give this faire your support.  I have a smile on my face this night!
Wingardium Leviosa!

mieljolie

This sounds like a lot of fun!  I just wish it was closer to us.  We're east of Dallas making it a bit of a drive.  Anyone interested in a carpool?  :)
Royal Order of Landsharks - Guppy No. 85

Moon Dawg

Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony

Moon Dawg

The New Serendipity Haven website is slowly coming together.
M)D
Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony

Queen Bonnie

HUZZAH! It was such FUN! I am looking forward to more in Sept!
Wingardium Leviosa!