News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Passing of Magic

Started by The Rabbi, April 21, 2011, 08:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rabbi

It is with great regret and a heavy heart that I must announce that The Spirit Of Magic Medieval Festival for 2011 has been cancled. A conflict with the property owner and having sponsors retract thier funds have left me with no other choice but to cancle this years event. It remains to be seen if Magic will resurected for 2012.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Rani Zemirah

Oh, Rabbi... I am so sorry to hear this.  I know how much of yourself you have put into this Faire, and I can imagine how hard it is for you to make this announcement... 

Truly... I am so very sorry, my friend.
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin the Elder

I, too, feel your sadness, young Rabbi. Just this morning I was thinking of plans for that weekend. I send a friendly embrace...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Craigmeister

Like I said w/ MoRenfest's closure during 2011...  CRAP!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

The Rabbi

While I must admit there has been a great deal of wind taken out of my sails this week it appears there may be a new breeze blowing from over the horizon. Shall we say Magic will enjoy a brief nap for this year but will be awakening new and refreshed for 2012. In this time period I shall be working overtime to promote the Renaissance/Medieval Community to the mundane awaiting to awake themselves. Thankfully one of the sponsors that pulled out did not realize what all went into the creation of a fest and thought it to be a massive play day for all involved and did not realize that there were actually paid actors and actresses. He is now back on board but a bit late as I have allready contacted and canceled my entertainment. Be ready as Magic is only napping.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Merlin the Elder

That is encouraging news, young Rabbi. My hopes are with your endeavour.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

The Rabbi

Please forgive this major oversight on my behalf. I would like to say Thank you for your support to Rani, Merlin, and Craig as it was very much appreciated. It allready appears that 2012 will be a much stronger year for The Spirit of Magic and I hope that I do your support justice Thank You.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Rani Zemirah

Hoping next year will be a glorious one for you, and for Magic! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

BubbleWright

...and there shall be bubbles!
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Shilori

bubbles!!!!!!!!
I am extremely excited for next year, and we have all of this year to plan and set things in motion. I am saddened by the cancellation this year, but maybe it was someone up-stairs watching over us and saying, if we cancel this year, next year will be AMAZING! Never know....

The Rabbi

Yes there will be Bubbles thanks to the Gracousnous {excuse the spelling please} of the amazingly kindness of one Bubble Wright. I am but your humble servant good sir. There is much excitement in the air as we start the preperations for the 2012 Spirit of Magic I hope to ensure that this is never stopped again.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Shilori

bubbles, I like bubbles....
Seems that many people are into the ideas for next year, and I keep getting asked when the next meeting is, I tell them "when I know you will know,..." but we haven't figured that one out yet.